The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offensive players still use the helmet as weapons all the time.
If they use the crown it is a penalty. I preach every night at practice Butts down heads up

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

If they use the crown it is a penalty. I preach every night at practice Butts down heads up

#HeadsUpCertified ?

#HeadsUpCertified ?
Every one who coaches in our program is heads up certified:)
Even to hold a tackling dummy you have to be certified.
Its a great program

There are jokes here about your dating life but this is a family site...

Just heard this stat

Last year alex smith was 3 of 18 for throws greater than 20 yards.

18 all freaking year is comic

Just heard this stat

Last year alex smith was 3 of 18 for throws greater than 20 yards.

18 all freaking year is comic
It is, but didn't they do pretty good as a team? I didn't watch much NFL last season or in awhile.

That's why I disagee with that whole "he wins games" argument.

Didn't they lose to the tune of something like 31-7? That is doing OK?

I guess Winston did ok too, I'll have to tell the media.

hey, i'm far from a Manziel fan, I think he's a douche personally and I'd rather have Tebow QB'ing my team than him...but trying to be a little objective (and give Cleveland fans a little light), he came in the 2nd quarter and was 13 for 24 with a TD and a pick. He did lose two fumbles, but he also was the #1 rusher on the team. He didn't light the world on fire, but he wasn't embarrassingly bad like Winston was, and it was against one of the better defenses in the league. I bet he has a pretty decent game this week against TN.

I wonder what the numbers would be on a group of retired professional soccer players and a group of retired men who never played football.

I do know the game is taught better now and the helmet is not used as a weapon as it,was in the past

You don't think hits are harder and faster today than even 10-15 years ago? You saying pads and technology has improved enough to make a difference now? You may teach correctly, like many others out there, but helmets still get hit, correctly or not. It's just something I would seriously have to consider if I had boys. Luckily I don't so won't have too.

Everything in life has risks, if and when I have boys it will be there choice to play football, not mine, no matter what the studies show

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

To each there own (sincerely). I feel like I narrowly avoided a spinal cord type injury when I played in HS. That plus the recent studies leave me with a very strong preference that my son never play football.

I wasn't allowed to play football growing up. My parents were pretty easy going, never were too strict when it came to dangerous hobbies but my mom had a good friend whose son was badly injured at 7 and it scared her. It was probably a little illogical at the time, but it makes more sense in retrospect.

I wasn't allowed to play football growing up. My parents were pretty easy going, never were too strict when it came to dangerous hobbies but my mom had a good friend whose son was badly injured at 7 and it scared her. It was probably a little illogical at the time, but it makes more sense in retrospect.
I wonder if we'll see a talent drop in the NFL or NCAA at some point because of it.

Or similarly more talent gravitate towards baseball, golf, basketball, or other non contact sports.

I played in HS and I can't believe I escaped with bruised ribs and and few muscle bruises only. Looking back I would have concentrated on tennis, golf and baseball more but no ragrets. Then hearing about the 2 HS kids last week in TX, where 1 died and the other broke his spine just seems to be happening more and more.

I played in HS and I can't believe I escaped with bruised ribs and and few muscle bruises only. Looking back I would have concentrated on tennis, golf and baseball more but no ragrets. Then hearing about the 2 HS kids last week in TX, where 1 died and the other broke his spine just seems to be happening more and more.
Football was quite literally my everything for over 20 years. I ate it, I slept it, and even as a kid my years revolved around it, as an adult I've coached it at a legitimate level for years and years. With all that, I can honest to goodness say I hope I have all girls so I don't have to make that decision in a football state for my kids.

And if I do have a boy or boys, I can sure as s--- guarantee they never play a snap of youth football. That whole thing has become way too crazy, much like travelling little League baseball.

Football was quite literally my everything for over 20 years. I ate it, I slept it, and even as a kid my years revolved around it, as an adult I've coached it at a legitimate level for years and years. With all that, I can honest to goodness say I hope I have all girls so I don't have to make that decision in a football state for my kids.

And if I do have a boy or boys, I can sure as s--- guarantee they never play a snap of youth football. That whole thing has become way too crazy, much like travelling little League baseball.

Was waiting to see if you weighed in about this since it was so big for you. I'll watch it at the HS, college and pro level, and couldn't imagine a society without the sport, but couldn't imagine watching a son of mine every Fri/Sat hoping nothing bad happened.

I think the lord knew not to give me boys. As much as I love football and playing it for 8years its entrenched in my DNA, no way I would let my son play.

My oldest became a cheerleader for one of the youth football teams here. It's our first experience with the scene. We took all the kids to see her cheer at the first game and I was dreading the moment when one of my sons asked about playing. It didn't happen, thank God. This area is way more youth football centric than where I grew up. We haven't decided if we are going to let them play if they ask. We sure as hell aren't pushing them to it.

Johnny football with the 60 yd td pass

Boom, Manzel!

Bills just made that look easy

Yeah thought at full speed he hit him in stride. ....nope

Adrian Peterson is a turd miner

Browns offensive explosion

18 pass attempts for matt ryan in 1Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back