2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a fine line between utilizing supportive equipment and relying on supportive equipment

On the topic of belts - one thing I was taught and like to use the belt for a lot is as a diagnostic/cue of whether or not I'm using my whole body/core during the lift. You can feel if you're generating tension or getting lazy, as I am want to do during lighter or warmup sets.

On the topic of belts - one thing I was taught and like to use the belt for a lot is as a diagnostic/cue of whether or not I'm using my whole body/core during the lift. You can feel if you're generating tension or getting lazy, as I am want to do during lighter or warmup sets.
Belts are just a tool to help build and maintain abdominal support. Building and maintaining that support is easy at lighter weights but much harder at heavier weights. I love my belts. I could talk belts ad nauseum

Deadlifts and weighted chins tonight. My hands will be tuckered out tomorrow.

Squats tonight. 7x5 @ 185#

I love volume.

Also, because it was fun, barbell bicep blasters, 4x8 @ 85# The upside of co-opting the soldiers' weight room is ain't none of them gonna tell me not to do curls in the squat rack.

Last edited:
My hands are tired. I love it

My hands are tired. I love it
I used to love that feeling...actually still do. I love some farmer's walks and dead lifts, but since the Combatives course last month I've been getting some arthritic feelings through the hands, especially the thumbs. Joints that used to relieve pressure by popping don't anymore, they just get achy. I don't know that it was ever the lifting or what caused it, but a lot of grappling and sparring sure brought it out, and sadly it hasn't gone away. I'm trying to be careful with my hands, since I need them to hold golf clubs and sign my name on giant piles of paperwork.

Weights tonight; squats, bench, pull downs. Nothing remarkable about my lifts, but I did see my first gym douche in person; doing dumbbell presses in a squat rack instead of 1 of 10 benches not in a squat rack. Oh, and he was wearing gloves too.

Didn't have a chance to hit the gym today due to travel, so I got to the airport early and walked back and forth for a good 25-30 minutes. Not much, but it is something

Weights tonight; squats, bench, pull downs. Nothing remarkable about my lifts, but I did see my first gym douche in person; doing dumbbell presses in a squat rack instead of 1 of 10 benches not in a squat rack. Oh, and he was wearing gloves too.
I love that you're taking pride in not being a gym douche and recognizing when it happens

I-m-So-Proud-Of-You-Sunny-3-kraucik83-16759879-223-226.jpg

If he was wearing gloves, that douche was probably me. Should of asked me to move

If he was wearing gloves, that douche was probably me. Should of asked me to move
Stop wearing gloves!!!!!

57857793.jpg

Gloves are at least as dumb as wearing tall socks to dead lift. Man was supposed to have hairless shins and callouses on his hands.

033aa17a07833baca02fcb23d871bdc2.jpg

You will regret it
Bahahaha this made me lol. I honestly stopped wearing them for most of my lifts but there's still a couple they get used for. I stopped painting my nails as well btw

Jumping rope for time with boots on is my new favorite way to hate myself. 3 2 minute rounds with 1 minute rest in between.

Workout gloves are for people who would rather be wearing handwraps only they don't want to box.

I have finally felt good enough health wise to commit to an overall lifting program. I have been doing a ton of stretching and foam roller/lacrosse ball work to get flexibility back. Yesterday was day one of my weight program. I don't have a ton of available time so it's still limited. Yesterday was deadlifts, shrugs and pulldowns, I am working up to pull ups. Also worked on flexibility and hip mobility. Both of which are a bear for me due to back injury.

Other days will be dips, front squats and bench. Also military presses.

I have finally felt good enough health wise to commit to an overall lifting program. I have been doing a ton of stretching and foam roller/lacrosse ball work to get flexibility back. Yesterday was day one of my weight program. I don't have a ton of available time so it's still limited. Yesterday was deadlifts, shrugs and pulldowns, I am working up to pull ups. Also worked on flexibility and hip mobility. Both of which are a bear for me due to back injury.

Other days will be dips, front squats and bench. Also military presses.
Good luck on your journey, man.

Good luck on your journey, man.
It's been since last December that back pain has been a daily companion. Getting better everyday, hoping to celebrate my one year journey at the Hideaway, if ya get my drift

It's been since last December that back pain has been a daily companion. Getting better everyday, hoping to celebrate my one year journey at the Hideaway, if ya get my drift
Be careful with those deadlifts. No low back rounding. Squeeze that chest up without dropping your hips, then pull.

Be careful with those deadlifts. No low back rounding. Squeeze that chest up without dropping your hips, then pull.
Trust me with the back issues I have I am very aware of my back angles and support. Going light weight for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back