Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

So for 24 hours now, all I can think about is this one. Something just felt right and I got the feeling that I was ready to start the stroke. I need to see about getting some serious lead tape on one since I like so heavy.

Which model do you have?

So for 24 hours now, all I can think about is this one. Something just felt right and I got the feeling that I was ready to start the stroke. I need to see about getting some serious lead tape on one since I like so heavy.
It offers great peace of mind. Because you know the alignment is true.

Random question, as I've been wondering about the model I'd like to game: would a 35" counter balanced 8.0 play like a traditional putter if we put our hands an inch down the shaft, effectively treating it like a 34" putter?

You thinking of trying the heavier #8?

Not necessarily. I have been rolling something around 450 grams the last half a year with really good success, so I will have to add additional weight most likely on my own, but I freaking love the alignment. Maybe its mental, maybe its really working and setting me up, but right now it just feels right as I get ready to pull the trigger.

Random question, as I've been wondering about the model I'd like to game: would a 35" counter balanced 8.0 play like a traditional putter if we put our hands an inch down the shaft, effectively treating it like a 34" putter?

I asked Adam Sheldon about this on Twitter and he answered that playing the 35 inch putter like this works just fine as a conventional putter, it'll just be a little heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to Golfsmith tomorrow to pick mine up!

I know how you feel. I only got to roll it in the store but it just made sence and felt great. I can't get it out of my head either. Just found out today that I'm getting my 8.0 for free. Traded for some training aid prototype work I did.
I can't get that club quick enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

It's a very long grip and you should be able to move your hands wherever you need.

My Golfsmith didn't have them in yet. The funny thing is that while I was browsing, I started messing with a used putter with a similar alignment concept that seems almost accidental (Ping Scottsdale Anser T). They were close and probably didn't even know it.

Funny you mention the T, because while ddec and I were there, I brought this putter up and they showed how massive the difference was and talked directly about how alignment that is sloped forward to back can cause havoc on setting up properly unless you are dead over the ball. He drew a small sketch and showed how the slope in alignment was a forgotten idea from years ago because so many have struggled with it due to needing to be perfect every time instead of a constant.

Really fascinating stuff.

Funny you mention the T, because while ddec and I were there, I brought this putter up and they showed how massive the difference was and talked directly about how alignment that is sloped forward to back can cause havoc on setting up properly unless you are dead over the ball. He drew a small sketch and showed how the slope in alignment was a forgotten idea from years ago because so many have struggled with it due to needing to be perfect every time instead of a constant.

Really fascinating stuff.
I actually found the same thing. Not nearly as easy to align as the 2135.

​Went to Golfsmith and Dicks and neither had one. I really want to try one of these.

Went to Golfsmith as well last night and they didn't have them in yet.

Really need to try this in the 8.0 my alignment is killing me now, speed has been superb but i'm burning enough edges to start a forest fire.

@ddec let's get together and play some golf

Went to Golfsmith and Galaxy and neither had them. Very disappointing.

Same story for me at my shop. It's a bummer so many people reporting the same thing but it's very cool to see so much interest in the product.

Last edited:
Is it just early? Or are retailers not buying in to the concept?

Went to Golfsmith as well last night and they didn't have them in yet.

Really need to try this in the 8.0 my alignment is killing me now, speed has been superb but i'm burning enough edges to start a forest fire.

@ddec let's get together and play some golf

yes. Perhaps something the 26th?

I think it's early.

Is it just early? Or are retailers not buying in to the concept?

How big is the grip on this thing

How big is the grip on this thing
7f92ab3bc8cd7862d619cab86564917a.jpg

This is the 8.0. All the others were normal size grips.

^^^^From the angle it looks enormous, but it serves the purpose of the counter weight. It was big but nothing offensive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

You stupid piece of garbage putter 2135. I hate you. I effin hate you.
I cannot get you out of my mind. You are like a mistress that I long for.
Every time I line up with something else, I find myself fidgeting my head over the ball trying to align just perfectly to make sure its right.

I mean after all, I could have the perfect stroke, but if my eyes arent right to set up properly, I will miss every putt.

Back