Tiger Woods 2nd Back Surgery

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Im sure this is being discussed elsewhere, but wanted to start a thread on it. Confirmed by PGA Tour, and he says he is out until early 2016.

And now I think it's officially over

he commits to the Fry's, then a few weeks later has back surgery, this sounds unplanned

Back issues are not good for the golf swing

Looking forward to 2017 now.

I just don't get it.

Retire dude it's over .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP

sasgolf.com_full.jpg

As someone who has had multiple back surgeries I feel his pain. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I am not a huge Tiger Woods fan, but I do think he is good for the game. But with Day, Spieht, Rory, Johnson and Fowler I think the game would be O.K.

I was just watching the reporting of this on the Golf channel. It sounded like it was minor micro surgery to remove a bone fragment, if there is such a thing as minor surgery on the spine. Still he'll be going through a similar recovery and rehab as after his last back surgery. Even though he says he'll be back early in 2016, it's no telling how long it will take for him to get back to any kind of competitive form. It's too bad because he was just starting to show a little life in his game it seemed.

Maybe Ian Baker-Finch was right the whole time!!

Too bad. He was one of the best ever. Unfortunately father time called his number much too soon.

I've had Neck and Back surgery three years ago. The recovery can take over a year and there is no guarantee you will ever swing a golf club again.

Thanks Tiger for the most exciting golf since Jack and Arnold were swinging at their prime.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I knew it look like he was being careful with his back and movingq gingerly at a couple of those late tournaments.

This sucks. It's not good seeing someone physically breakdown like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done like dinner.

Too bad now the story in the final weeks of the FedEx are going to be about Tiger.

I was just watching the reporting of this on the Golf channel. It sounded like it was minor micro surgery to remove a bone fragment, if there is such a thing as minor surgery on the spine. Still he'll be going through a similar recovery and rehab as after his last back surgery. Even though he says he'll be back early in 2016, it's no telling how long it will take for him to get back to any kind of competitive form. It's too bad because he was just starting to show a little life in his game it seemed.

I've never had back surgery but bone fragments around the spine doesn't sound very minor. Why are there fragments?

I wish his career took a different path, but he ended up facing the consequences of a number of odd decisions, both golf and non golf related. I hope to see him competitive again, but golf seems to be in good hands with the top guys now.

He committed to the event in Turkey as well. This is an interesting development.

And now I think it's officially over

It's been over. I'm surprised, but not surprised. First he says he will play more yet this year, now surgery. He really has lost it all. Game over! He can enjoy life without golf. He has the means $$$$$$$.

NOW is the time for these young guys to take control. We need them. The game needs them. Good to see Rickie doing what he is doing with kids golf. He alone can draw a lot of kids to golf.

Well, didn't see that one coming, but oddly it's no real surprise. Time with his kids and his restaurant is in the works.

Might not ever be another like him, but I'll be on the lookout. Golf seems to be in a pretty good place. I think we will all survive without him. Man he was good at one time though.

JM

Having had 4 back surgeries I can say that it takes almost two years for a surgery to fully heal. If he is smart he will sit out at least all of next season and just take it easy.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Ouch,I had one and it still did not help much. May be going down the same route as Mr. Woods soon. I feel bad for him as I know how tough it must be to be sidelined

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Just heard this not to long ago on the golf channel. Really bummed. I thought towards the end especially the Wyndam he was really making strides in the right direction.

I think if he's pain free next year he plays lights out, his swing was coming round the mountain full steam.

I wish him a speedy recovery. I really hope you plays competitively again. Regardless of his personal woes, he is a lover of the game and elevated the game like no other before him. The PGA Tour would not be what it is today without him and his achievements.

I think if he's pain free next year he plays lights out, his swing was coming round the mountain full steam.

I agree.

ETA - He's too stubborn not to!

The timing is weird but I hope he takes the time to recover fully and doesn't come back to early. Not sure he has much good golf left but hopefully he comes back healthy and make one last run.

Back