XR pro VS X2Hot pro Irons

F.N.G

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Who has hit both and how do they compare? I looking for new shafts in my SLDR irons (need stiffer flex) and it is almost the price of X2Hot pro Irons to get them reshafted and gripped. I am currently using X2hot pro driver thu 5 wood and really like them just not sure about the Irons. I know I get along with project X shafts too. But that got me thinking if it is worth it just to jump up to the XR pros and bite the bullet on the extra cost. It looks like the shafts are the same in the SLDR and the XR pro which I hit high and seem to get along with pretty well now that I am used to how high they go. So it comes down to the iron heads since I get along with both shafts. Was wondering if people have hit both options and their thoughts.

To me they were completely different. There are a number of comparisons in the XR Pro thread too. I found the XR Pro a bit smaller in size (to the eye) based on shaping and style, while at the same time more forgiving laterally.

I've hit both in testing, I wasn't a fan of either from the looks department but I found the XR Pro to feel unnecessarily harsh. Maybe it was the clickier sound that contributed, something about the cupface that makes it sound/feel different

For me, the XR Pro appears to have a thicker topline and looks more GI than the X2 Hot Pro. The XR Pro is easier to hit long and straight; the XHP is easier to shape. Overall, the XR Pro is more forgiving and hits it longer.

I ended up with the XRpros. We will see how these end up working out. first round is tomorrow.

Back