2017 Grandaddy - Al's House Video

Nate

My Friends Call Me Big Time
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
By now most of you that have either been involved with the Grandaddy or have followed the Grandaddy has heard of Al. Well, for some reason when Al started talking at the end of dinner on Tuesday night I just had a feeling I should hit the record button. Man, am I glad I did. I really encourage you all to listen to this 10 minutes. It is worth it I promise! There is so much in this 10 minutes that just brings out what the Grandaddy means to Al, Callaway Golf, the THP community and those that get to play in it. If you have thoughts of possibly attempting to enter up next year do yourself and favor and watch, listen and take it in.

And with that, I give you the one and only Al. Sit back and enjoy. (Settings is HD quality)

Gotta love that this man took 12 internet golfers into his own home and served them a catered meal to kick off #TheGrandaddy
That sums up everything.
"Whatever you want, just tell your host. Food, drink, cigar, etc. We are your slaves for the next two days"

2017 Grandaddy - Al's House Video

That’s awesome... takeaway #23 from that video... the *berry vodkas were part of the Zoo’s win strategy! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was really cool! 'If you're playing sh!tty golf, just drink!' Wise words :D.

Wow. Al is the man. Seems like such a great guy.

That's awesome! Great video. I really must meet Al now.

Al is a freaking legend and I’m soooooo glad you got this on video. This is a perfect glimpse of why this event leaves the impression it does. Thank you Nate

Wow.... you can literally feel the excitement and the spirit of The Granddaddy in the atmosphere. Love how AI praises his guys!

This is so legit. Thanks for sharing this video nate

It's awesome that Al and other members of Hideaway have embraced the grandaddy. They definitely have the same spirit as Callaway golf and THP!

Al is absolutely the man. It is amazing how generous he is to us THP'ers. Its honestly quite astounding. Glad I got to know him even if it was just a little bit. The other hosts are also incredible. Special shout out to Lars who I got to play with for 2 rounds, he was so much fun to play with and beyond generous as well.

Absolutely worth the watch. Al is the freaking MAN!

Al was so freaking awesome. Him and all of the other hosts were so personable and hospitable it was unreal. They definitely looked forward to this as much as we were.

Lol, what a fantastic video. Cigars, cigs and some other stuff if you want it! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Effing Al. I love that dude. I wish I’d gotten a round with him. His generosity is unparalleled...I went to him to thank him before we left his home last year and he just put his arm around me and said, “No, thank you, I love being a part of this. I want you to have an amazing time.”

Class all the way.

That was really cool! 'If you're playing sh!tty golf, just drink!' Wise words :D.

One of my favorite lines in the video......and there were many to choose from!

“It didn’t happen last year, they kicked your ass”

:D

Thanks Nate! Your recommendation to watch the video is spot on. Al seems like a classy guy with a great sense of humor. +1 to his "if you're playing ****** golf, then just drink" comment. Words to live by right there.

Crazy to think guys at this level would make themselves slaves for a few days for guys like us.

"Corporate enjoys this more than you guys." (paraphrase)
Wow!

Great video. Looks like an amazing time and how great is Al. Would love to meet him one day

I really hope I am able to meet Al up close and personal one of these days and shake his hand and thank him for being him and for his extraordinary generosity. I can now certainly see that the reality easily lives up to the legend!

So cool!
The generosity and graciousness of Al, his family, The Hideaway, and of course Callaway are mind blowing every year.

Back