Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Just got my tracking number from Callaway!

Me thinks this thread is going to start getting filled with some great feedback

Just got my tracking number from Callaway!
Mine switched from back ordered to being processed but no tracker ? hope they ship tomorrow. I won't get untill Monday. Think I'll call tomorrow see if I can switch to 2 day air.

Last edited:
Been trying these for the last 2 weeks....Finally tried the Pro series yesterday..

I prefer the satin finish on the regular Apex over the chrome finish on the Pro. I really didn't see a big difference in size or in the offset between the Pro and regulars. Yes, there is a difference but not enough to sway me toward the Pro's. The Pros are not as forgiving as the regular series. My mishits with the regular Apex were much better than my mishits with the Pro Series. I also like the stronger lofts on the regular Apex.
Now, that I settled on what head to get it is time to pick the shaft. I am pretty much settled on the Tru Temper xp95 which is the standard shaft or the KBS Tour 90V. I believe once I hit these on the Launch monitor I am going to find the numbers to be very close.

Looking forward to all the reviews next week after y'all start getting the clubs this week into play.

Joe

Hehe. I preordered my irons the day preorders opened. Already backordered

Placed my order a few days before pre-order date via my fitter. Hoping the pxi shaft isn't on back order and the show up soon

December.

These.

Happy James and Dec of the Dean.

#TheGrandaddy

Last edited:
I would almost call the CF's more effortless than powerful, but I guess those could go hand in hand. They just pop off the face and have crazy good numbers.
Great way to describe it. That has been my limited experience so far. I love how they feel, and they go far! :D These will be considered during my upcoming fitting.

Can't wait to hear how they treat ya buddy!

Probably more excited about having recoils in them than anything. Hopefully the weather will give me a break and I can hit these before April.

Ugh. No matter how sold I THINK i was on the Apex Pro, I keep coming back to these and the Cup Face....

I'm sure that's it. I don't really NEED the irons right away. I ain't mad.

Bravo for being so patient, I wouldn't be haha.

Ugh. No matter how sold I THINK i was on the Apex Pro, I keep coming back to these and the Cup Face....
Going from the Speedblades, to Fly-Z, to Cup Face Apex is a logical progression. Embrace the forgiveness and awesomeness of these bad boys. Then again, you're getting fit for them so maybe the Pros have a combo that'll be tough to best.

When it comes down to it, if the numbers of both irons are working for you, go with what you feel confident with. Just be sure you go 100% in on it and don't get wishy washy about it when you're standing over your shot on 18 and see water looming.

When it comes down to it, if the numbers of both irons are working for you, go with what you feel confident with. Just be sure you go 100% in on it and don't get wishy washy about it when you're standing over your shot on 18 and see water looming.
What water? :act-up:

Sounds like Happy #TeamRedemption when talking about some CF16

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Go with instincts friend, you'll be just fine
If the CF are anywhere near as easy to hit and anywhere near as forgiving as the speedblades then there is no doubt they have the best shot at getting in the bag

If the CF are anywhere near as easy to hit and anywhere near as forgiving as the speedblades then there is no doubt they have the best shot at getting in the bag

Considering the XRP were easier and significantly more forgiving, I think these will hit those marks.

Back