Disney World - 2015 THP Bridgestone Championship

we'll be there for dinners

Please don't feel pressured or attacked, I hope my comments didn't come off that way, I am just frustrated because I am a perfectionist and when things don't go properly it gets to me. I didn't realize the difficulties having children at a THP event would cause, and I am just not sure it's something we will do again.

To be completely honest, I felt this way from the very beginning. This became a family vacation event, not a bada$$ golf event which is what it should have always been about in the first place. We continue to learn and evolve, and this was most definitely a learning experience.

Please don't feel pressured or attacked, I hope my comments didn't come off that way, I am just frustrated because I am a perfectionist and when things don't go properly it gets to me. I didn't realize the difficulties having children at a THP event would cause, and I am just not sure it's something we will do again.

To be completely honest, I felt this way from the very beginning. This became a family vacation event, not a bada$$ golf event which is what it should have always been about in the first place. We continue to learn and evolve, and this was most definitely a learning experience.
I don't feel anything, don't worry about me :)

I'm sure it's a nightmare with 20-30 families. To be honest it's harder planning for us too, to bring along a 4 year old than for me to just go play golf and eat/drink

Morgan just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work.

5040228ed6abc5cf228e58dd95452dd3.jpg

We have never had kids involved before. I am pretty sure we never will again.

you will change your tune after meeting my kids

or not

or not

I am just going to say this ahead of time, so no one takes it personally. I am SUPER awkward around children. I have no idea how to act around them, which usually makes everyone uncomfortable. There are many reasons JB and I don't have kids, and this is definitely one of them.

or not

I am just going to say this ahead of time, so no one takes it personally. I am SUPER awkward around children. I have no idea how to act around them, which usually makes everyone uncomfortable. There are many reasons JB and I don't have kids, and this is definitely one of them.

Dont listen to her. She is fine around children. We both are and both like them (less sticky the better however).

Its just like dealing with trolls

Just smile and wave

d457fa037f5a5371106f91e0a75650e3.jpg

Dont listen to her. She is fine around children. We both are and both like them (less sticky the better however).

I didn't say I didn't like kids, I just said I am super awkward around them. I have little to no experience with children so I never know how to act. Do I talk to them like adults, do I talk to them with a higher pitched voice? What worldly things do and don't they know? I am totally lost around kids.

Its just like dealing with trolls

Just smile and wave

Oh good, we can practice both that weekend...hehe

I didn't say I didn't like kids, I just said I am super awkward around them. I have little to no experience with children so I never know how to act. Do I talk to them like adults, do I talk to them with a higher pitched voice? What worldly things do and don't they know? I am totally lost around kids.

Dont worry MikeDean, I gave her the quick rundown of two golden rules.
1. Hold them like a football and do the Heisman pose, but do not spike.
2. When they scream, go with the iPhone approach where a hard shaking cures everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is going to be fun to watch. I have a few friends who are identical. No offense, but as a parent it's fun to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. When they scream, go with the iPhone approach where a hard shaking cures everything.
LOL Gabby actually likes being held out with one arm. Spike optional if she gets unruly.

Oh good, we can practice both that weekend...hehe

1. Im a good troll stomper
2. I dont think my kids are little enough to where a shaking does any good, actually depending on when they eat that may be a bad idea.

Thought I stepped into the Parenting thread for a second...

Super bummed I couldn't make this weekend work and be a part of it. But there will be tons of fun and I will be doing my best to follow along.

So much fun shall be had this weekend.

Then MNSSHP Sunday night and two days of Food & Wine afterwards are pure bonuses.

Pretend they're like little drunk people. Always worked pretty well for me. If they cry, give them back to their parents and high five them since now it's their problem and not yours.

Which night is Morgan running the daycare out of her room?

So I guess this means we can't ask Morgan to babysit for us after dinner. Lol. Seriously I have kids and I'm awkward around other people's kids, that's why I don't chaperone any school events.

So I guess this means we can't ask Morgan to babysit for us after dinner. Lol. Seriously I have kids and I'm awkward around other people's kids, that's why I don't chaperone any school events.

Sure you can.
However she said if there are more than 6 kids, she will have to hire an asst and the only available on short notice is some guy named Jared.

Sure you can.
However she said if there are more than 6 kids, she will have to hire an asst and the only available on short notice is some guy named Jared.
Pretty sure he has a scheduling conflict.

Back