Ogio Straight Jacket Travel Bag

blakehall

#TeamPrestige Cheesehead
Reaction score
Handicap
Members of Team Prestige were given Ogio Straight Jacket Travel bags to bring our new bags of clubs home this past week. We figured it would be a good idea to start a thread to capture our experiences and thoughts about the bags themselves.

If you'd like to get information straight from Ogio (dimensions, specs, colors, etc) you can find the bag here: https://www.ogio.com/travel/travel-...ag/ogio-bags-travel-2017-straight-jacket.html Also it looks like if you order one before 12/14 you can get 20% off bringing the cost of the bag down to $120!

Before I dig into this bag specifically it's probably good to mention my previous experience with travel bags. For the most part when I travel to golf events it's usually by car and I don't actually need a travel bag. I have brought my clubs with me on flights a handful of times, but my current travel bag is one of those cheap plastic buckle together models. The buckles were always incredibly finicky to attach, and by the second trip I needed to add a couple of straps of my own to make sure the thing would stay shut. It probably won't be much of a surprise that the Ogio is *miles* ahead.

Below I've included several pictures of the main features of the bag.

* The top is well padded, and gives me confidence that my clubs will survive routine transport as long as they aren't maliciously tossed around.

Spoiler
NgxgdGu.jpg

* The under side of the bag (near the top) has a see through pocket for placing an id card, or address information so you don't need additional tags on the bag.

Spoiler
lFfiBlv.jpg

* The base of the bag has a pair of hard plastic legs, and the wheels rolled very smoothly on my trip home.
Spoiler
TR7tLig.jpg

* Probably my favorite feature of the bag are the external pockets. I managed to fit 3 dozen golf ball boxes on one side and 3 polo shirts and a pair of shorts on the other. It would take quite a long golf trip to outgrow the amount of gear you can stuff in this bag. I'm confident you'll run up against the 50 lb. weight limit before you'll find yourself needing more space in these pockets.

Spoiler
OoFMZWM.jpg

* Once unzipped the bag opens wide to make loading your golf bag a breeze. There's an internal cinch down strap that you can then clip to minimize sliding and make sure you bag stays in place.

Spoiler
VwvFMEV.jpg

* I've included pictures of both our Ogio Hauler stand bags and an Odyssey staff bag for size reference.

Spoiler
y4E2Tdy.jpg

RJ5h2Vf.jpg

Note:

No cowgirls were harmed during the writing of this review.

qkdKsJN.jpg

Nice opening post with review info. Those are nice looking bags.

Fantastic write-up Blake!

Ogio makes fantastic gear at great prices.

3 Dozen balls in the exterior pocket is solid. Agree with your observation about the weight.

Looking forward to your long term experience with the bag.

Also kudos to the cowgirl reference, also we all know that hat is yours lol

Members of Team Prestige were given Ogio Straight Jacket Travel bags to bring our new bags of clubs home this past week. We figured it would be a good idea to start a thread to capture our experiences and thoughts about the bags themselves.

If you'd like to get information straight from Ogio (dimensions, specs, colors, etc) you can find the bag here: https://www.ogio.com/travel/travel-...ag/ogio-bags-travel-2017-straight-jacket.html Also it looks like if you order one before 12/14 you can get 20% off bringing the cost of the bag down to $120!

Before I dig into this bag specifically it's probably good to mention my previous experience with travel bags. For the most part when I travel to golf events it's usually by car and I don't actually need a travel bag. I have brought my clubs with me on flights a handful of times, but my current travel bag is one of those cheap plastic buckle together models. The buckles were always incredibly finicky to attach, and by the second trip I needed to add a couple of straps of my own to make sure the thing would stay shut. It probably won't be much of a surprise that the Ogio is *miles* ahead.

Below I've included several pictures of the main features of the bag.

* The top is well padded, and gives me confidence that my clubs will survive routine transport as long as they aren't maliciously tossed around.

Spoiler
NgxgdGu.jpg

* The under side of the bag (near the top) has a see through pocket for placing an id card, or address information so you don't need additional tags on the bag.

Spoiler
lFfiBlv.jpg

* The base of the bag has a pair of hard plastic legs, and the wheels rolled very smoothly on my trip home.
Spoiler
TR7tLig.jpg

* Probably my favorite feature of the bag are the external pockets. I managed to fit 3 dozen golf ball boxes on one side and 3 polo shirts and a pair of shorts on the other. It would take quite a long golf trip to outgrow the amount of gear you can stuff in this bag. I'm confident you'll run up against the 50 lb. weight limit before you'll find yourself needing more space in these pockets.

Spoiler
OoFMZWM.jpg

* Once unzipped the bag opens wide to make loading your golf bag a breeze. There's an internal cinch down strap that you can then clip to minimize sliding and make sure you bag stays in place.

Spoiler
VwvFMEV.jpg

* I've included pictures of both our Ogio Hauler stand bags and an Odyssey staff bag for size reference.

Spoiler
y4E2Tdy.jpg

RJ5h2Vf.jpg

Note:

No cowgirls were harmed during the writing of this review.

qkdKsJN.jpg

Great thoughts bud! Gorgeous travel bag! Functional, good looking and well made - those in the market should look this way !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just won one of these from a PGA SuperStore tournament. I haven’t had a chance to use it, but was impressed with the padding and design.

That bag looks great. I haven't traveled with my golf bag that much lately, but this will definitely be a contender should I make some trips this coming year!!

Awesome review Blake! I was immediately smitten with this travel bag when seeing it posted in the Grandaddy thread. Now that you have provided more detailed information about it, it sounds even more inviting.

Last edited:
Great review. Very nice looking travel bag.

Ogio Straight Jacket Travel Bag

Great write up Blake. I was able to stick in it:
1. 3 dz Balls
2. Golf shoes with carrying case
3. 3 shirts
4. Shorts
5. Stiff Arm

And I was under 50lbs.
It’s one of the better travel bags I’ve seen. If you’re interested and in the market for a Travel Bag $120 is a steal for this.

So this is actually my first ever travel case. I can honestly say that getting my clubs packed up and secured was a breeze. The color of the bag is awesome and you can tell that the material it is made out of is very high quality. Having to maneuver around the airport with this bag was so easy and really made bringing my clubs home more enjoyable. I am already trying to book my next trip to use this case again. Excellent write up Blake!

Great write up Blake. I was able to stick in it:
1. 3 dz Balls
2. Golf shoes with carrying case
3. 3 shirts
4. Shorts
5. Stiff Arm

And I was under 50lbs.
It’s one of the better travel bags I’ve seen. If you’re interested in the market $120 is a steal for this.

I think you're right- the price point is huge on this. Big time value

Great review, thank you for taking the time and effort.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

I love all the extra storage this bag has. You would never think you can fill that much stuff into that travel bag.

Well done on the review Blake!

And there is a TON of storage with this bag, so much freaking room

Good looking bag (and made even better with that logo on it.....) and something I will look at if/when I need to get a travel bag

Does the padding give enough protection that you don't need a stiff-arm, or would you still recommend removing any heads and putting one in the bag?

Good looking bag (and made even better with that logo on it.....) and something I will look at if/when I need to get a travel bag

Does the padding give enough protection that you don't need a stiff-arm, or would you still recommend removing any heads and putting one in the bag?

I didn't bother with a stiff arm for the trip home, and wasn't very concerned. I did take my driver head off, but I felt like with the amount of padding this bag offers your clubs should survive all but a gross mistreatment.

I didn't bother with a stiff arm for the trip home, and wasn't very concerned. I did take my driver head off, but I felt like with the amount of padding this bag offers your clubs should survive all but a gross mistreatment.

Thanks, I am not worried about my irons as they would have covers on them to minimise any damage, but my fairways are not adjustable which is why I asked the question as I can't remove those heads, just the driver

There is a ton of storage in this bag, as Mark discussed. I was able to get the following in this bag:
Golf Bag
2 pairs of Shoes
5 dozen balls
Assorted clothing

I could have gotten more in there...
I was coming from a Club glove, and was shocked with the difference in the storage.

We got great bags on this trip the best bag was the gym bag...

If I traveled more I'd be all over one of these. Love Ogio products to begin with, but with Callaway behind them I'm excited to see where they go from here. Really cool extra gift for the Grandaddy participants..

Great write up. One question, does it "break down" for storage? Is it flexible enough that the top can be folded over so it's half the height so it can be put in a closet or stored in smaller spaces?

Great write up and awesome bags!!!!

Of course the G logo makes it that much more awesome!

Great write up. One question, does it "break down" for storage? Is it flexible enough that the top can be folded over so it's half the height so it can be put in a closet or stored in smaller spaces?

Yes, it easily folds in half.

In the picture with the ID card holder above the zipper you see is actually close to the base of the bag.

yup, as a matter of fact they came in a box that really wasnt even that large.

I've had the previous versions, but the newer ones look like they've updated them nicely, can't wait to check out in person soon, my older OGIO has bitten the dust and will need a refresh before my next golfing trip!

Mine is currently folded up to the size of a regular book bag your kids would take to school with them. Think I've got it folded 3 times...

Back