Vokey Wedge Question

williaza

Reaction score
Handicap
It seems with their loft and grind combos the options are limitless. How do you guys choose your grinds without going to a fitting. I obviously would prefer to be fit for them but it doesnt seem possible at this time. I am a sweeper and i do like to play open face wedge shots. I have read everything from going "M" and "L" to "f" and "M" to "M" and "K" because even sweepers need high bounce with lob wedges. Anyone have any thoughts? thanks!

It seems with their loft and grind combos the options are limitless. How do you guys choose your grinds without going to a fitting. I obviously would prefer to be fit for them but it doesnt seem possible at this time. I am a sweeper and i do like to play open face wedge shots. I have read everything from going "M" and "L" to "f" and "M" to "M" and "K" because even sweepers need high bounce with lob wedges. Anyone have any thoughts? thanks!

Go to a demo day and hit them on grass, and hit the shots you like to hit. That's the only way, even with a fitting.

See if they go through the turf for you, don't dig if you are steep, and don't thin if you sweep (in general).

I’m more of a sweeper and play on firm conditions. At the Titleist Thursday I went to they told me 56° in M and 60° in L.

My course has about all of them to try out. I took a bunch out to play actual golf with and went from there

They have free fittings pretty much year round, depending where you are. You'll never really know what loft/bounce/grind works for you until you try it on turf and conditions you normally play.

If you're really bored, go take and angle grinder to some old wedges and try to hit different types of shots, grind away parts you don't want hitting/digging into the ground, then see if that works =). For grinding fun it's always best to find a wedge with a ton of bounce and a large trailing edge to start grinding on. Makes it more fun.

Back