bricky64

Reaction score
Handicap
Going to Golftec Tuesday for my first ever fitting. Starting with irons, driver later. Looking at hot metals, AP1, steelhead, or possibly G400, but not a fan of chunky clubs. My handicap is 12. Any input on my fitting, or clubs would be helpful. Thanks.

I know my first fitting was quite an eye opener. Don't pass on the Callaway CF 16's! I would think your fitter would direct you based on your swing tendencies as well. I ended up with a few clubs I would have never even thought to of try. Have fun!

Going to Golftec Tuesday for my first ever fitting. Starting with irons, driver later. Looking at hot metals, AP1, steelhead, or possibly G400, but not a fan of chunky clubs. My handicap is 12. Any input on my fitting, or clubs would be helpful. Thanks.
1. If there is something you want to hit, hit it.
2. Ask questions. Make the fitter justify their decision. They are there to help you.
3. It is NOT a long drive competition. Use your normal swing.
4. Related to #3, longer is not always better. The "7 iron" goes 185? Super. It's 29 degree loft, has 4500 backspin and a 39 degree decent angle (which means it won't hold the green at all).
5. Trust your gut. You are not obligated to buy and if it does not feel right, thank the fitter, take your data, and leave.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fitting is just an opportunity to gain some information, nothing more. If you listen to the internet too much you might start believing that no one knew how to find a club they liked or talk about it to other people without a fitting. Apparently though, people played good golf before trackman or whatever. Think about your own game, what you like and don't, and then make your own mental notes about the numbers. Pay most attention to the weight of the different shafts you try...I don't care what anyone else says, if you don't like the weight of your clubs then nothing else matters. Figure what weight feels good for you and then go from there. The fitter is there to answer questions, not tell you what to do. Once you get a couple clubs or shafts that feel best for you, then start analyzing data.

thanks for all helpful information.

Fitting is just an opportunity to gain some information, nothing more. If you listen to the internet too much you might start believing that no one knew how to find a club they liked or talk about it to other people without a fitting. Apparently though, people played good golf before trackman or whatever. Think about your own game, what you like and don't, and then make your own mental notes about the numbers. Pay most attention to the weight of the different shafts you try...I don't care what anyone else says, if you don't like the weight of your clubs then nothing else matters. Figure what weight feels good for you and then go from there. The fitter is there to answer questions, not tell you what to do. Once you get a couple clubs or shafts that feel best for you, then start analyzing data.

So true about about weight of shafts and Trackman...BTW Tiger won 8 majors before there were launch monitors.

Sorry for being a little off topic.

Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Well I had my fitting tonight, and turned out much different than I expected. Hit 4 -5 different clubs with a few different shafts. Results came back either same or worse than my current clubs. After looking at the video of my swing, I need some help. Now I see why my handicap is not dropping. Ended up signing up for lessons to fix my swing. Hope it helps.

Well I had my fitting tonight, and turned out much different than I expected. Hit 4 -5 different clubs with a few different shafts. Results came back either same or worse than my current clubs. After looking at the video of my swing, I need some help. Now I see why my handicap is not dropping. Ended up signing up for lessons to fix my swing. Hope it helps.

That's good info to have! Knowing is half the battle right?

Back