Golf will No Longer Accept Call in or Email Input

About time. Long overdue.

This makes so much sense. Maybe this way worked 10-20 years ago.....

Glad they finally made the change.

finally!

Absolutely wonderful! It hasn't come into play too many times, but the times it has, it's been a disaster. This is one time I'm glad to see technology being kicked to the curb.

Smart change

One of the best decisions so far.

Took them long enough! Glad they are finally taking this step.

This has been discussed on the THP Forum for a long time now, and the governing bodies have made a change. The PGA Tour will adopt this rule change beginning in January.

I like this. Will this be part of the 2019 rules as well? I know a lot of things people call in on will no longer exist in 2019, but that doesn't mean they won't find something to try and call about.

Its really sad how they chose to announce this, as if they deserve heaps of praise for this groundbreaking thought.

Whatever. I'm really glad they've finally taken some (in)action on something that actually makes sense.

It's actually pretty astounding that they ever did. Good decision.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

It's about time they did this.

This has been discussed on the THP Forum for a long time now, and the governing bodies have made a change. The PGA Tour will adopt this rule change beginning in January.

It's about time.

Thank god. It’s about time.

Good decision to do this.

I have a multipart question though. What does one get from calling in and reporting a penalty? And how many people were watching their DVR on slow mo just to try and find a mistake so they can call or write in?

I mean it's one thing to be able to tip off authorities on something major but a human mistake during a golf tournament? I'm not so sure I'd want to walk around saying "yep, I was the one that called in and reported a penalty on Jordan so he lost the tournament."

This is a good change. Allowing this was really unfair and I'm amazed they ever allowed it to happen.

Glad to read this. Now it's like every other sport again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't understand what took so long. No other sport does this happen.

It's a bout freaking time! It was such bull$h!t that it ever happened in the first place IMO.

Now they need to make it fair for all the field to play under the same video replay since only about 5-7 groups have tv coverage.

Unbelievable that this was ever allowed in the first place... no brainer decision in my opinion.

I love this change!

Good. Its made a farce of too many competitions already.

Back