Golf will No Longer Accept Call in or Email Input

Thank Goodness. This was the dumbest rule ever in sports.

A few years to late but at least it is now over

Thank Goodness. This was the dumbest rule ever in sports.
I'll nitpick and say it was a policy not a rule:bashful:

Segue....Actually I think the dumbest rule in golf might be is when you are tending the flag for another golfer, you don't pull it out in time and HE gets the penalty. Probably a throwback to when it was presumed it was your caddy holding the flag. I can see that I guess, or if it is your partner...But an opponent in match or stroke play? Nope.

Good!!!!

#FiberLaunch

The first time I saw a call in make a change in a players score was the "Walrus" years ago at the Andy Williams San Diego Open when he used a towel under his knees while kneeling to hit a shot from under a tree. Someone called it in and he was assessed a penalty when he completed the round. It should have not happened then and it would've never got started. If the official in each group doesn't call it immediately, play on. Good for the governing body, should be called the Hana Jang rule. Apparently it was her Father that called in the Lexington Thompson deal. Notice she went back to Korea shortly after that incident?

I always thought not being able to tap down spike marks in your putting line was the dumbest rule. Thank goodness most golfers have and wear soft spike shoes.

Worst rule ever allowed. Glad to see it go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back