luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
I know that my usual miss on the majority of my putts is just left of the cup, so I have been working at compensating for that and it seems to help.

Question: Have you ever noticed which side of the cup the majority of your putts misses on?

My miss is usually left also. After getting my first Seemore Putter, I set up like I normally would with out using RST. I then looked at the RST and realized I had been setting up with the putter face slightly closed and I was aimed slightly right. I must have been subconsciously setting up to compensate for the closed face.

Mine has traditionally been right. Not a club face issue as much as an alignment issue with me. I have been more conscious about my alignment lately and have started to see some improvements.

Mine is usually right of the cup. My misses I usually don't follow through and it cause my putter face to open and push it to the right. Been working on that this winter on my birdieball.

My misses are normally to the right. Been working on following through more this winter downstairs. So far it's improving, hoping this translates on the field of play.

Left. It was a horrid issue this past season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My miss like my irons is the ol fade right

My misses are usually to the low end of the break, left or right. I find by giving it a bid more speed, I make more putts.

To the right, to the right, my ball goes to the right

I've practiced hard this year to clean up my putting. If I am missing it's usually on the high side.

When I get in a putting slump, I seem to pull a lot of putts to the left.

When I get in a putting slump, I seem to pull a lot of putts to the left.

What's up Clutch! Glad to see you back buddy! You have putting slumps???

Back on topic, my miss if generally the push out to the right.

My miss is leaving face open and straight push to the right. Much improved this year though.

My standard miss is a pull, and when it happens, I know that my stance has gotten sloppy and odds are my right hand grip has dropped (I putt with a prayer grip).

My miss is usually on the high side of the hole as I tend to over-read the break in my putts.

I just noticed this last round how often I was missing putts to the left, it's a new thing for me, but something I'm going to be sensitive to here lately.

I know that my usual miss on the majority of my putts is just left of the cup, so I have been working at compensating for that and it seems to help.

Question: Have you ever noticed which side of the cup the majority of your putts misses on?

Most of my misses are to the low side of the cup, whether it's left or right doesn't matter. I am working on that however, and had more high misses this season than I ever have. I also made more bombs this year than any since I was in my late teens/early twenties.

I usually miss to the high side. Phil Mickelson said that 100% of amateurs under read the break. I guess it's not true anymore since I heard it!

My miss is always short. If I miss left or right it's not normally because mechanics, but because of line, or speed for the line. If I had to pick a side, it would be whatever the high side of the break is, I usually miss that side.

I almost always miss short. It's maddening and a mental hurdle I struggle to get through.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I have developed the habit of missing on the “pro” side of the break. That and leaving them short by about 6”.

I have green reading alexia the last couple years reading putts. I can't read putts anymore and I usually read the opposite of what it actually is. Never had this problem before and it's frustrating.
So basically my miss is all sides of the cup.
Unless the putt has a huge noticeable break, next season I'm putting everything straight at the friggin' hole.

Miss high as I hate to miss on the ama:banghead:ture side.

Generally high and past the hole. My main yip putts happen on uphill straightish putts that I pull.

My miss is usually on the high side of the hole as I tend to over-read the break in my putts.
Same here. Or when I read it correctly, I'll tend to give it a bit too much pace. My subconscious is clearly out to get me.

Back