Winter time, no golf or snow golf?

Go4it

No layin' up!
Reaction score
Handicap
Played a nine hole match on Saturday with my boys.

My team won by shoot 2 over. 2 man scramble from red tees. 2 birdies!

Used new Wilson optic orange balls...only lost two balls in 3 inches of snow! One of the balls was hit on top of a cliff!

We play that you can tee it up from anywhere. You must hole out. You can clean around your ball except on the greens.

41098c94c157c178e961915afcd25bd6.jpg
9b529b841f05340065572774e6174703.jpg
1c42e3cb1e46dac50d8c2824736cba6e.jpg
67175961fa18a01762606a0dd43a606f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That actually looks pretty fun. I'd be weary of using my woods though. Surprised the course leaves the pins in. I'll typically prefer the simulator in this type of weather.

Looks fun for sure, our course won't allow snow golf and closes down. As soon as melted off they will re-open for play.

Looks fun for sure, our course won't allow snow golf and closes down. As soon as melted off they will re-open for play.

Our super is very particular about the course...playing in the snow doesn't hurt it, and as you probably can guess, there is not much demand for it!

We were the only ones on the tee sheet that went out all day.

It would be tough to play behind someone, because of all the footprints on the greens.

We had a blast, and it beat sitting home doin' nothin'.

Our super is very particular about the course...playing in the snow doesn't hurt it, and as you probably can guess, there is not much demand for it!

We were the only ones on the tee sheet that went out all day.

It would be tough to play behind someone, because of all the footprints on the greens.

We had a blast, and it beat sitting home doin' nothin'.

That looks like a lot of fun!

Yeah, we had a great time!

We all agreed that we would need to wear boots next time, there was no point in having golf shoes on.

They eventually let water in, and were a bit cold.

The snow just clumped under the soles too.

No golf or sim golf for me in that. Looks like fun though.

This looks like so much fun, but there's no way my course would let us out with snow on the ground.

That's awesome. I'd play in it once in a while...maybe a tournament or something...but wouldn't make a habit of it.

This looks absolutely terrible lol. I don’t think I would have any fun lol

This looks absolutely terrible lol. I don’t think I would have any fun lol

HA! You never know...get out of TX and hit the snowy links!

I play in the cold but have never tried the snow. Looks interesting!!

That's hard core! I play in the cold too but hate precipitation. :D

That's hard core! I play in the cold too but hate precipitation. :D

Precipitation is just God changing up the course for the day...he is the supreme greens keeper!

That looks fun. I ended up running errands and than staying inside and watching it come down. What course is that?

I could get down with this.

That looks awesome! I play snow golf as well.

That looks fun and miserable. Coming from the guy that gets cold when the temp dips anywhere under 70.

That looks like fun...to play once and then I'll stick to no golf or sim golf!

Keep having fun!

I will likely never do this. I can be 100% sure that I will never be the one who suggests it!

I'll play when it's cold but think i'd pass in the snowy weather.

I’d try this once but don’t think I’d make a habit out of it.

That’s a hard pass for me.

That weather is good for ski trips and that’s about it. It is nice to look at though.

Don't think I could do it with that much snow. I don't mind if there is a dusting, but my fingers would be frozen/balls would be lost.

How did the prototype sticks play in the snow?

Back