2015 POY - Spieth or Day?

• Jordan Spieth

Votes: 95 59.4%
  • Jason Day

Votes: 65 40.6%

• Total voters
Wasn't the FedEx Cup started just to keep up interest in golf during the fall after the regular tour ends. I have never considered it a playoff for POTY honors, I simply see it as a way for someone to win $10M and keep us talking and watching golf. POTY has always been based on the player with the perceived best year and usually that factors in wins and Majors.
This race is very close and if I were a voter I would probably give the nod to JS, no matter where the tournaments are played Majors have almost always carried more weight with the voters.

Everyone saying Spieth has it locked kinda feels like this to me...

Is that Marriota?
Same thing happened to him today.

I dont necessarily disagree. I guess in today's PGA Tour, the only reason the Majors have more weight however is because of History.
WGC, Playoffs, Players Championship all have the complete elite fields. They do not however have the history.
I think we are mostly on the same page. To me, it's time The Players became a 5th major. It has a great field (I personally think even stronger than the PGA with its club pros), and it's played on a great golf course where all types of players have won.

The history and the added pressure of winning a Major, are really what makes them stand above the WGC's and the Tour Championship

Back to back missed cut in the playoffs mean nothing I suppose.

I think we are mostly on the same page. To me, it's time The Players became a 5th major. It has a great field (I personally think even stronger than the PGA with its club pros), and it's played on a great golf course where all types of players have won.

The history and the added pressure of winning a Major, are really what makes them stand above the WGC's and the Tour Championship

That brings up an interesting question. For the players of today, do you think they feel more pressure in the final round of a major or the round with 10 million bucks on the line? I tend to think the latter actually.

It's darn close in my mind but I think Day edges Spieth out. it will be interesting to see though.

I have to give it to Day. Jordan's early year was great but then it's been all about Day since.

Either deserve it though.

That brings up an interesting question. For the players of today, do you think they feel more pressure in the final round of a major or the round with 10 million bucks on the line? I tend to think the latter actually.
Probably depends on the player and what they've won before and the sponsorships they have. Say a few years ago when it was Haas and Mahan fighting for the Tour Championship, I bet they were both feeling intense pressure over the 10 million. But the year or two before when it was Jim Fuyrk, I would think not so much. How many millions had Jim already won.

Put Zach Johnson in a situation to win either The Open Championship or the Tour Championship? My money is that the major adds more pressure to a player like Zach.

Day all the way. What Speith did was awesome. What Day is doing right now, is INCREDIBLE!

I give it Jordan. He beat the best in two majors. Played at the highest level for all but 3 weeks out of the years. His book in 2015 edges out Day that got hot late.

I never understand how a few weeks makes up a year. That is why day doesn't get my vote.

Hands down Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holding my vote until we see how this finishes up. Extremely close right now.

Day won the Farmers in the beginning of the season. Then 4th at Pebble, then since June 21, has finished 9-4-1-12-1-1-12-1. It's definitely more than getting hot for a few weeks.

I say Day.
Spieth missing those two cuts in the playoffs really sours a great year.
If Rickie were to win next week would he enter the conversation? Or is a Major win a requirement for POY?

I never understand how a few weeks makes up a year. That is why day doesn't get my vote.

Although Day does have 5 wins this year.

If there was ever a season for co-player of the year this would be it. I'm torn.

One one hand if DJ doesn't melt down at the US Open it would be no question Day. On the other hand you aren't just gifted the US open, you win it by having the lowest score after 72 holes.

I'd probably give the edge to Day. Spieth has had a great year but even with that Day was able to pass him in the rankings. Whoever wins has certainly earned it.

I still give it to Spieth. 1-1-T4-2 is pretty tough to beat in the majors, not counting any other wins on the year.

Spieth. Not just because of the wins. But the 4th at the Open and the 2nd at the PGA.

I just don't get the idea of some of the Majors holding so much water anymore. With how pissed off a majority of the viewership was regarding the US Open this year, I'm honestly shocked it is even a factor in this. Even moreso considering Day was only bested by 5 strokes by Spieth there despite battling Vertigo. Five strokes in a major (joke) outweighs the extra victory? You can make the argument that it's not about the strokes it's about the win but that's nonsense. Spieth was a spectator in the US Open (thank you DJ).

Ill hold off til next weekend on who I think is POY but I don't think you can disregard the US Open win no matter how it happened or how much people hated the course.

Jordan Spieth pga tour 2015 summary

events
played
finishes
1st2nd3rdtop 10top 25made cutcutwdmoney
fedexcup
pointsstanding
244411418204--$10,545,4654,3922

[h=2]Jason day PGA TOUR 2015 SUMMARY[/h]
EVENTS
PLAYED
FINISHES
1ST2ND3RDTOP 10TOP 25MADE CUTCUTWDMONEY
FEDEXCUP
POINTSSTANDING
195--11014172--$9,174,8056,6801

Jordan Spieth pga tour 2015 summary

events
played
finishes
1st2nd3rdtop 10top 25made cutcutwdmoney
fedexcup
pointsstanding
244411418204--$10,545,4654,3922

Jason day PGA TOUR 2015 SUMMARY

EVENTS
PLAYED
FINISHES
1ST2ND3RDTOP 10TOP 25MADE CUTCUTWDMONEY
FEDEXCUP
POINTSSTANDING
195--11014172--$9,174,8056,6801

Debate is settled. Can't argue with the numbers.

Day also played 5 less events than Spieth, so that has to be factored in some how, just not sure how.

Back