Calling all Carolinians

I had the day off, went to play some golf, and just as I was finishing up, I happened to notice someone's OU golf bag on the range. Good meeting you Deuce!

How'd your round go?

I had the day off, went to play some golf, and just as I was finishing up, I happened to notice someone's OU golf bag on the range. Good meeting you Deuce!

How'd your round go?

Yeah, fancy meeting another THPer on the course today! I scuffled my way to a 93 (PB) from the gold tees (5300 yards so not much to write home about). Got a long way to go, but was good off the tee today at least. Now if i can get my iron game in good shape before #StaffProto I'll be set!

We have to tee it up soon! Good meeting you out there!

Headed to Westbrook tomorrow morning in Denver (NC). First time there - anybody got any tips?

Headed to Westbrook tomorrow morning in Denver (NC). First time there - anybody got any tips?
Westport? Only tip is don't hit driver every hole. Several holes are laid out with blind shots.... Driver gets you in the water. Fun course but target golf off the tee in many cases.

Yeah, fancy meeting another THPer on the course today! I scuffled my way to a 93 (PB) from the gold tees (5300 yards so not much to write home about). Got a long way to go, but was good off the tee today at least. Now if i can get my iron game in good shape before #StaffProto I'll be set!

We have to tee it up soon! Good meeting you out there!

That we do. Finally getting into that time of year that's spectacular for SC golf!

Shot 44-38 for an ugly 82. Gave up trying to play smart and just smoked driver over trees on the back. It was much more fun that way

I give up on keeping score quite often. I'd rather just have some fun.

I give up on keeping score quite often. I'd rather just have some fun.

That's what I do often as well. I let my GameGolf tell me how it went after the round. ;)

I'm heading to MB on Saturday to play some golf for the week. My mom seems to be doing good, so I can venture off a couple hours away. I really need the break, to be honest.

I normally get a week long golf package, but there weren't any good deals to be found, so we are going to do it a little different. I'm going to use last minute tee times to get some good rates, I just won't know where I'm playing until the day before. Just seems like an interesting way to go down there.

We will only have 3 for Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday if anyone wants to join us for one or more of those days.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Played Castle Bay and Porter's Neck Country Clubs in Wilmington this weekend. Castle Bay's links-style rough was brutal to try and find your ball in, let alone hit out of. Lost a couple of balls that couldn't have gone more than 5-10 yards off the fairway. Rough was demoralizing and unforgiving. Greens were in average shape, plenty of unrepaired ball marks and wear. Expected more from a country club, even if it was reasonable in terms of price.

Porter's Neck was definitely my favorite of the two. Had that Carolina design and feel with plenty of trees and quality landscaping. The greens were in very good shape. It was challenging, yet forgiving and just a great scene.

That's what I do often as well. I let my GameGolf tell me how it went after the round. ;)

I do the same thing... Very liberating.. Helps me stay in the moment and not get stuck on a bad hole.... Or having to write a number down...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played Castle Bay and Porter's Neck Country Clubs in Wilmington this weekend. Castle Bay's links-style rough was brutal to try and find your ball in, let alone hit out of. Lost a couple of balls that couldn't have gone more than 5-10 yards off the fairway. Rough was demoralizing and unforgiving. Greens were in average shape, plenty of unrepaired ball marks and wear. Expected more from a country club, even if it was reasonable in terms of price.

Porter's Neck was definitely my favorite of the two. Had that Carolina design and feel with plenty of trees and quality landscaping. The greens were in very good shape. It was challenging, yet forgiving and just a great scene.

Castle Bay is definitely a tough track but I love playing it. The last time I played it it had rained the prior 5 straight days so it played long. Another good one is Masonboro CC. My cousin just moved near there so we plan on playing a few rounds there when I go down there once I get some free time.

It's been a while since I've played Castle Bay, but that is unfortunately typical for a lot of courses around here where people you do not repair divots on the greens, which frustrates me to no end. Porter's Neck is a fun layout. It's usually in really good shape. Glad you enjoyed it.

I played a course not too long ago (can't remember which one it was), I could have spent an hour repairing divots on one of the greens. Ridiculous.

We are playing Panthers Run tomorrow morning.

It's been a while since I've played Castle Bay, but that is unfortunately typical for a lot of courses around here where people you do not repair divots on the greens, which frustrates me to no end. Porter's Neck is a fun layout. It's usually in really good shape. Glad you enjoyed it.

That's too bad. Don't get me wrong, you find some at most courses, but it definitely seemed excessive at Castle Bay. Didn't have the same problem at Porter's Neck though and we played later in the day vs. the morning.

Castle Bay is definitely a tough track but I love playing it. The last time I played it it had rained the prior 5 straight days so it played long. Another good one is Masonboro CC. My cousin just moved near there so we plan on playing a few rounds there when I go down there once I get some free time.

That rough was ridiculous. I couldn't get down and through any shots cleanly, even with higher irons. Luckily I never ended up in the fescue. I cannot imagine how difficult that would have been to hit out of.

Panthers Run was pretty nice, but the star of the day was Lions Paw for me. It sets up really well for my game and is a beautiful course.

If you are in Wilmington and can get on, Cape Fear and Eagle Point are both great tracks.

If you are in Wilmington and can get on, Cape Fear and Eagle Point are both great tracks.

Getting on is the tricky part. I'm still waiting on the invite to one of those but I'm not holding my breath.

Have you played them?

Well, I had to come home today. For only being 1.5 hours away, I was greeted by a lot of standing water from all of the rain they've been having here at the house.

We ended up playing:

Tupelo Bay - Nice little par 54 executive course.
Myrtle Beach National South Creek - decent cheaper course, but nothing to write home about.

Myrtle Beach National West - kind of the same thing.

Panthers Run - Nice course, especially for the price. We paid $67 and it was enjoyable.

Lion's Paw - probably my favorite course that we played while I was at the beach. We played on a replay, which was $35 and it was a blast.

Wild Wing Avocet - always one of my favorites because of the layout of the course. Lots of bunkers and risk/reward holes.

We were supposed to play two of the Barefoot Courses to cap off the week with premium courses, but we were rained out.

Tupelo bay is a great facility. The executive course, a par 3 course, footgolf, discgolf, minigolf up front, lighted range, etc.

MBN North is the course to play, but I liked South when I played it ~3 years ago.

Don't know about you fellas, but I'm sick of rain. I played Sunday knowing that it was going to rain on me, but I just couldn't take it anymore!

I've seen the sun for a total of 8 seconds in the past 10 days.

Was supposed to play Mountain Glen in Newland this weekend, but it looks like it's going to be a washout. Oh well...

Back