The best shot of the round

534 yd par 5, had 270 to the center after the drive. Hit a driver off the deck just off the left back of the green. Chipped to 2ft for birdie. So I'd say the 270 yarder was my shot of the day.

I played really, really badly today except for the times when I played really, really well. I think I hit every tree on the course in the process. Had a couple of good shots though

4i hybrid recovery shot from a errant drive into the woods. 200 yards from the pin. Uphill shot. I opened the face and let er rip. It came out of the woods like a pro and faded right over the middle of the fairway. Came up about 25 yards short of the green. I should have used my 3i hybrid but it was golf shot and got me out of trouble and set me up for a short chip which I promptly sent over the pin to the back of the green about 45 feet from the cup. :angry:

The next good shot I had was the putt from that spot. I knew it was a slippery trip to the cup downhill and would have some L-R break so I got it moving and it kept rolling, and rolling, and rolling and dropped in the center of the cup. Saved a par with that one.

4i from 212 under some branches to here.
98446cd615a6b1e46b4abee5686bd022.jpg

My best today might be one of my best, period. I had 85 yards to the pin from the fairway but my ball had found a small divot to stop in. I had a little more than half of the ball showing. I clubbed up to the 54 degree M-grind and took a steep, smooth 3/4 swing and dropped it to 8'. Made the putt for my only birdie of the day.

No, I completely mis-read it and left it way too low.
Story of my day. I burned a few edges and lipped out 3 putts today. I didn't feel particularly comfortable with the flatstick today.

Par 5 from about 240 out in light rough over a hazard. 3w came out like a bullet and got a bit of roll to about 10 yards short of the green. In full disclosure it was my 4th shot as my 2nd Shot didn't clear a cross hazard.

Chipped in on a par 3 for bird.

320 yard par four dogleg right. Hit a nice bomber drive with a little fade to it right over the trees, and landed it 17 yards from the green. bumped and ran my 7 iron passed the hole, and two putted in. Would have for sure been a birdie, but the greens were just aerated and covered in sand. No green showing, just the sand. But I'll still take it.

197 yard par 3, hit my 4 iron a bit right, had to get it over the sand trap, hit my gap wedge , clipped a tree branch, still made it over the sand trap and stuck it 3 feet from the hole and made the par putt.

par 5, 578 yard 18th hole, hit a beautiful drive, was 280 out and knocked my 3 wood to within 60 yards from the hole, hit my gap wedge fat and short but on the fairway about 15 yards from the green, bumped and ran my 7 iron up, hit the flag and made the par save with a 4 foot putt downhill.

Even though I still didm;t break 80, I will say I had some amazing shots of the day.

Back to back holes. Put a 7 iron to a foot and a half on the 158 yard par 3 16th and put a 3/4 LW to 6 inches from 68 yards on the par 4 17th. Followed those up by hitting a 7 wood to about 20 ft on 18 from 196 to set up an easy 2 putt birdie. Too bad I waited until the 34th hole of a 2 day tournament to start playing my best golf.

170 par 3, 6 iron. My ball is right of flag and Eddie is past pin.

Another almost ace as it rolled just on the edge and then stopped 3 feet behind the flag.

Got the birdie though.

f8dce5bc10537806f44af13c96cbf932.jpg

Another almost ace as it rolled just on the edge and then stopped 3 feet behind the flag.

Got the birdie though.

Apex irons suit you well!

Apex irons suit you well!

When I actually hit fairways today my irons were spot on into the greens. Just really appear to be a perfect match for my game, absolutely love them man.

Got the birdie though.

That's twice in three rounds that you have almost had a hole in one. Today's sure looked closer to the hole than it was. Nice shot.

Playing the seventeenth hole of a match with a one-up lead and my ball is 9 feet away while my opponent is 3 feet and we were both putting for par. I hadn't made a putt of consequence all weekend but this one with a 5" break went into the center of the cup to let me go one-up to the final hole where a near chip-in sealed the win.

Hole #10 at Newlands in Langley, BC... Uphill par 3, 120 yards.

I used my PW, hit the green 20 feet past the cup. The ball came back with the backspin to approximately 3 feet from the cup.

Shawnee ... 160 yd par 3 over the river. At dusk - almost dark out & the bridge back to the club house was filled with golf carts heading in.

Pulled out the bright green LED GLOW BALL ... hit one club more than usual as the glow balls are hard as a rock & hit a sweet 5i to 4 ft. With all the golf carts on the bridge, it was like I had my own gallery & got the golf clap from everybody - LOL. Pretty funny - seems a lot of people never saw a glow ball.

I always like to keep a glow ball in the bag as I always play after work this time of year ... gets me one or two extra holes right before dark...

Last edited:
played in the company tournament today. some pretty good shots but this was the best. one of those gimmicky holes about 325 yards dogleg right. teed off with a 7 iron and out it in the middle of the fairway about 135 yards to pin. green is a good 50 feet below the fairway. Hit a gw to about 4 feet. Made the putt!

75ad4fd31cbfa5f70f31e7e023df6d98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#9 today had 2 good shots and one mediocre for a par.

Good: 310 yard drive to left rough.
Mediocre: 7 iron from rough chunked into bunker (ball traveled 100 yards)
Good: 50 yard shot from bunker with 54* wedge hits pin and was 2" from the hole.

Last edited:
I went to a small but hard nine hole after work today where I just played a 5,7,9,S, and putter. On the 9th hole I had a great clean hit right up the middle. I wish I could go on about how one quick wedge and one quick put had me ending with a birdie but my putting was poopoo today. Anyway, that was my fist pump moment.

Had a PW from 139 yesterday I threw 2 foot past the hole and ended up 2 feet in front, not something I typically am able to do with the spin thing.

Had a PW from 139 yesterday I threw 2 foot past the hole and ended up 2 feet in front, not something I typically am able to do with the spin thing.
Getting ready for disney

Back