Golf Gum from Apollo

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Curious THPers thoughts on this. As someone that needs some caffeine time to time on the golf course, could this be a product that gives a boost without needing to drink an energy drink or something else?

This is a press release

Apollo Gum Company, the Denver-based producers of Apollo Energy Gum, today announced the launch of Golf Gum, the perfect energy source for people who choose only the best for their body, mind, and golf game. Just in time for last-minute stocking stuffers, the new product promotes B-vitamins and ~80 mg of natural caffeine, giving the golfer in your life the fast-acting, healthy energy and focus they’ll need for their game.

According to a 2016 study conducted by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), a division of the National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health, “A moderate dose of caffeine consumed before and during a round of golf improves golf-specific measures of performance and reduces fatigue.” A 2015 Auburn University study found similar results, shaving, on average, two strokes off of collegiate golf scores. “Chewing gum was [also] associated with enhanced productivity and reduced cognitive errors,” according to the NCBI.

“There’s an evolving consumer demand for cleaner supplements,” says Troy Widgery, CEO and founder of Apollo Gum Company. “We’re creating the future of energy. Golf Gum’s liquid core delivery system rapidly releases the full benefits of specially-sourced natural caffeine and B-vitamins. Although the taste lasts for hours, you don’t have to chew it for more than a few minutes to experience the results of a pure, compact formula that provides long-lasting, comfortable energy. Golf Gum also contains an effective dose of Xylitol, a natural sweetener that has been proven to reduce the risk of cavities and strengthen tooth enamel.”

Golf Gum, #thegolfersgum, is the second product in the company’s repertoire, following Apollo Energy Gum which hit shelves in 2015. Widgery, who also founded Go Fast Energy Drink, created the product out of demand for a healthier, more portable energy supplement that could be taken and consumed on the go.

“Whether you’re a weekend warrior or a practicing professional, every golfer wants to do their best,” says Widgery. “Golf Gum delivers the focus, attentiveness, and competitive edge you need to lower your handicap.”

Golf Gum hits shelves on December 12, 2017, and can be purchased online at www.golfersgum.com. Local pro shops and select retailers will also carry the product, with nationwide expansion slated for early 2018.

IMG_2333-L.jpg

IMG_1129-L.jpg

Golf Gum from Apollo

Very interesting. shaving a couple strokes off collegiate golfers? I’ll give it a try.

I do like spearmint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf Gum from Apollo

Much rather try some of this than a can of gasoline lol

Well if my options are gum or gasoline I’m all in for gum. :alien:

Honestly, I’m not sure what to think. Im not a big gum chewer, but it’s an interesting concept.

I'm intrigued. May be the perfect substitute when I give up my 35+ year Skoal habit in a couple of weeks.

Interesting gum, thought it was a gum to help you quit golf...lol like smoking. I'd like to give it try, better than energy drinks that's for sure.

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

I would try this maybe the answer for not having too many energy drinks, have you tried it JB? How’s the taste?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a niche product....not really a fan of a supplement targeted to a specific sport (at least from the perspective of can the company succeed). And if your pro shop doesn't carry how likely are folks to order gum online?

I'll stick to traditional methods for energy.

Taste lasts for hours? Wonder if this is something that could replace my swingoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm a regular coffee drinker (the first cup of the morning tastes oh so good!) but I prefer energy from food, as opposed to caffeine, when golfing.

Much rather try some of this than a can of gasoline lol

agreed haha

two questions however, does it taste any good? how will it survive for a week in the golf bag in the trunk of the car?

I thoroughly enjoy caffeine so I would definitely give this product a try. Seems cool

Pretty cool idea as I am one to chew gum while I play. I'd be interested to see how successful this gets. Usually if I'm feeling run down I'll eat a Clif bar or something similar and this seems easier.

I'm intrigued. May be the perfect substitute when I give up my 35+ year Skoal habit in a couple of weeks.

I was thinking the same thing for cigarettes. Its crazy hard for me not to want to smoke on the course

Taste lasts for hours? Wonder if this is something that could replace my swingoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's exactly what I was thinking. Can anything really replace the SwingOil???

Lol honestly not something I would give a shot. I'm not a big gum person anyways, but to think chewing gum is going to help your golf game is just silly.

I would love to give this a try. Sounds interesting enough

I'd be worried about it going stale in the bag, and definitely any sort of aftertaste.

I was thinking the same thing for cigarettes. Its crazy hard for me not to want to smoke on the course
Don't think I have ever played golf without a dip in my mouth. Will certainly be interesting and very difficult for a while.

I love this idea, I used to chew on a tee to try and calm some of my nerves, chewing the gum would be a double boost, calm and add the boost I might need!

Another reason why I chew gum...keeps me from smoking on the course.

Such a niche product....not really a fan of a supplement targeted to a specific sport (at least from the perspective of can the company succeed). And if your pro shop doesn't carry how likely are folks to order gum online?

I'll stick to traditional methods for energy.

I agree with Cookie on this one, and not sure I see it taking off to be honest

As long as the cart has cup holders, I bring this with me every day. Don't see this product changing that.
41uwRNydZKL.jpg

I will just stick to my Mt Dew. 91mg in a 20oz bottle.

Don't think I have ever played golf without a dip in my mouth. Will certainly be interesting and very difficult for a while.

I quit a year ago and it was hard at first.

Back