• Phil

Votes: 11 26.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Go4it

No layin' up!
Reaction score
Handicap
In a weird coincidental parallel, both Phil and Tiger won their last tournament in 2013.

Simple question, who breaks through first, Tiger or Phil and why?

I'm rooting for Tiger and his game is looking better and better. I think he has a win in him in 2018. The chipping yips look like a thing of the past and he is driving the ball again we will see.

I see Tiger rising and Phil continuing the fade. So Tiger.

I’m hoping Phil gets his open, but not super optimistic.

I think Tiger might pull it off.

If Tiger is healthy he will win. I love Phil, but he's not been injury plagued since 2013 but still hasn't produced wins. As far as my vote in your poll is concerned, he's had his chance. I think Tiger will return for a competitive 2018, where I think he'll win. If Phil does too, we're in for a heck of a 2018.

Tiger if he stays healthy.

Yeah, I think it is very interesting how well Tiger did at the Hero...it is hard to be anything BUT optimistic. Phil played well in 2017...arguably played some of his best golf near the end of the year...just seems like he can't close.

If you compare their games...Phil's strength around the greens maybe Tiger's weakness...Tiger's driving looks to be his strength, although Phil is driving the ball better than he has in years.

In my mind, still lots of question marks surrounding Tiger's mental game, as well as his health...perhaps that gives him the edge, because we have been watching Phil over the last several years, get close but not finish.

I pretty much agree with Sox Fan. Also, Phil is at least 5 years older than Tiger, IIRC. Tiger has a chance at getting healthier; Phil cannot beat back Father Time.

Tiger IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Tiger stays healthy and can play in enough events, I think it is him.

Wouldn't it be great to see Tiger, Spieth and McIlory fighting it out on the last day of a Major!

I gotta go with Tiger. His injuries are the biggest reason for the lack of wins on his part, Phil has been playing and hasn't won. Maybe they both break through again this year though, there's something about Tiger and Phil.

I think Tiger. He's got something he wants to prove.

While he may have the skill, sometimes I feel like Phil doesn't really have everything in it anymore.

I think Tiger. He's got something he wants to prove.

While he may have the skill, sometimes I feel like Phil doesn't really have everything in it anymore.

No hunger. Phil’s set for life, all he’s missing is the Slam.

It could be stated that Phil's swing is the best it has been in a long time. He has the length and the short game...what is he missing? Its hard to overstate how competitive he is...why isn't it translating to wins?

Could it be that it isn't PHIL but it's the field?

When is the last time we have seen a PGA that is this deep with young talent?

The guys coming up are crazy good and they are all early 20's...

This has got to be one of the hardest era's ever to win on the tour.

While Tiger looked good at the HERO, I think Phil will win first - just not a major. He looked good in Napa. He and his brother will figure things out during the time off.

While Tiger looked good at the HERO, I think Phil will win first - just not a major. He looked good in Napa. He and his brother will figure things out during the time off.

Interesting point with his caddy...he definitely left bones because he was looking for something....

Not sure what...perhaps better decision making..what I love about watching Phil is probably what is his demise. He is so aggressive and he is willing to take on too much risk.

I think neither will win again, although I said the same thing about DLIII.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I think they both win again, but I think Tiger will win first and more often.

I think Tiger will win first if either of them win again. There is just a lot of solid players at the top right now and I think Phil and Tiger are experiencing what everyone else did When they were in their prime. These young guns are just putting on the pressure.To top it off it's not just one of them. It's coming from multiple angles. And these young guys are only getting sharper.

I think Tiger will win first if either of them win again. There is just a lot of solid players at the top right now and I think Phil and Tiger are experiencing what everyone else did When they were in their prime. These young guns are just putting on the pressure.To top it off it's not just one of them. It's coming from multiple angles. And these young guys are only getting sharper.

Yeah...you got the super stars everyone knows...and then you have the Patrick Cantlays, Peter uihlein, Zac Blair, etc...

Tiger if he stays healthy wins at least one in 2018

I think Tiger will win in 2018 and win early. Phil seems to be pressing a bit and I think his struggles will continue until he leaves for the Champions Tour.

I'm on the same page as Moosejaa. Neither is my answer. If we add the Champions Tour to the list, then Phil is an easy pick. :D

Can I vote neither?

Back