early 2014 (returning to golf after 19 year layoff) and early in my quest to boost my pathetic club speed
77.8 club / 116.4 ball / 1.50 sf / +2.4 aoa / 12.6 launch / 3644 spin / 172 cy / 187 ty

early 2015
89 club / 130.5 ball / 1.47 sf / +1.9 aoa / 12.5 launch / 3188 spin / 209 cy / 225 ty

late 2016
94.2 club / 138.8 ball / 1.47 sf / +3.0 aoa / 13.8 launch / 2409 spin / 234 cy / 253 ty

damn a 17mph increase in 2 years?! we have a new leader in the clubhouse. well done!

damn a 17mph increase in 2 years?! we have a new leader in the clubhouse. well done!

Thank you, I attribute most of it to being old and pudgy.

This is a cherry picked one from my 46" R15 Driver experiment. Aldila NV Green 65X The misses were awful. Like broke game golf because they run out of numbers once you get past 99 yards left/right of fairway awful. I think this was winter 2016 indoors

Club: 111.4
Ball: 164.9
SF: 1.48
Launch Angle - 14.5
Spin - 2342
Carry - 286.6
Peak Height: 134.9 feet
Path 0.3* out to in
1.4* closed
Not sure on AOA but had to be +2 or +3 for those numbers to work.

Will bump once I get the epic on a launch monitor

It was amazing how much yardage I gained and better contact I had when I changed my AOA. Definitely game changing!

Hitting down costs yardage unless you mean he could gain a bunch getting back to +2

Good thread makes me want to get a fitting

Yes, that's what I mean. He was talking in the OP about changes from old to new.

It was amazing how much yardage I gained and better contact I had when I changed my AOA. Definitely game changing!

y'all got any more of that positive aoa???

sounds like something i should work on for 2018.

It is fun to see the numbers you young guys put up, I am going the opposite direction on all of them.

My instructor gave me a great drill to work on that helped tremendously....especially with driver. I was at around -2.5 and got it to about +1.5 degrees. I've never hit the ball so well with my driver that I can remember. I don't know if it'll work for you as your swing is different than mine I'm sure, but I may be able to put together a quick video to show you the drill and PM it over in the next week or two. It might already be in one of my videos in my lessons thread...I'll take a look. :)

Hitting down costs yardage unless you mean he could gain a bunch getting back to +2

Good thread makes me want to get a fitting

Yes, that's what I mean. He was talking in the OP about changes from old to new.

y'all got any more of that positive aoa???

sounds like something i should work on for 2018.

<Raises hand>

Here are numbers from Trackman at the Club Champion location around here, there are just one shot numbers and not averages.

From driver fitting in August 2014:
Club head speed 97.9 mph
Ball speed 149 mph
Launch angle 14.2 degrees
AoA 3.3 degrees
Spin rate 2130 rpm
Carry distance 251.6 yards
Total distance 277.5 yards

From driver fitting in December 2017:
Club head speed 103.9 mph
Ball speed 158 mph
Launch angle 14.3 degrees
AoA 4.9 degrees
Spin rate 1910 rpm
Carry distance 272.4 yards
Total distance 299 yards

The difference between the 2 sets of numbers are likely due to a combination of starting lessons shortly after the first fitting as well as joining a gym at the start of this year.

I noticed you have been working on your swing pretty diligently. Good for you my man!

You’ll need that distance at pebble beach next summer with your dad.

Back