IOS 9 - Plans to update?

Mark my words, iPhone 7 doesn't have a home button. With 3D Touch, Apple is moving to handling all tasks on the screen.

Oh I believe it without a doubt. Lose the edges, compete with screen size and elimiate all buttons.
#HateNoBackButton

Oh I believe it without a doubt. Lose the edges, compete with screen size and elimiate all buttons.
#HateNoBackButton

I can just hear Jony Ive and his elitist accent now;

"We invented a new technology to enable fantastic interactions with a screen that is still lower resolution then our competition while still maintaining average to terrible battery life"

Mark my words, iPhone 7 doesn't have a home button. With 3D Touch, Apple is moving to handling all tasks on the screen.

That's why I used the sarcasm smiley :tongue:

I'm running fine on 9.0. Going to wait a day or two to see if there is any fallout from 9.0.1. Hopeful for those of you with issues on 9 it fixes them.

I can just hear Jony Ive and his elitist accent now;

"We invented a new technology to enable fantastic interactions with a screen that is still lower resolution then our competition while still maintaining average to terrible battery life"

I still remember the "Our users do not want larger phones" (and the users said so). Then iPhone 6 showed otherwise.
The 7 device I want to be a blockbuster, because as a shareholder, I need gains.

I still remember the "Our users do not want larger phones" (and the users said so). Then iPhone 6 showed otherwise.
The 7 device I want to be a blockbuster, because as a shareholder, I need gains.

Apple Car.

I thought hipsters all rode bicycles?

That's why the Apple Car will have 3 wheels and run on smugness.

I hope they get away from the half of the phone screen being empty space if they do away with the home button.

Finally able to use the apps store again. Since updating I haven't been able to use the App Store to update any apps I have installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay 9.0.1 does not appear to address many of the main issues that people around the net are having. My gut says there is another update coming very soon, because there are TONS of people complaining about 9.

Wait I got confused and mistook the patch that just came out for the beta. How do I download the beta?

My Apple Pay is also all funked up. Apparently I have to delete everything in there and do the entire setup of cards again. Ugggh.

No issues on my iPad but I'm running 9.1 beta on my iPhone. It's a little slow transitioning from the lock screen to apps. Other than that there have been no issues.

Hopefully 9.1 will be better general release than 9.0.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any difference in luck between the 6 and 6+ with these issues? I've got the latter and am concerned about updating as I need it to function properly for my workday.

Any difference in luck between the 6 and 6+ with these issues? I've got the latter and am concerned about updating as I need it to function properly for my workday.

Cant comment on the 6, but I am using the 6+

Cant comment on the 6, but I am using the 6+

That scares me a bit, especially some of your comments about the email which is 80% of my phone use.

That scares me a bit, especially some of your comments about the email which is 80% of my phone use.

Clearly I am in the minority in this thread however. Right now unless I use any of the new features of mail, it is functioning okay. If I try and use Trash All, or mark all read or anything of the sort, I get shut down, lose any drafts and it starts to resend all emails found on the server.

Clearly I am in the minority in this thread however. Right now unless I use any of the new features of mail, it is functioning okay. If I try and use Trash All, or mark all read or anything of the sort, I get shut down, lose any drafts and it starts to resend all emails found on the server.

It's re-sending ALL previously sent emails? That's a nightmare!

It's re-sending ALL previously sent emails? That's a nightmare!

No. Its bringing in all items that were sent to me, that are still on the server. So unless I manually go to the server and delete my old emails (which I do every so often), it brings them all back in as if they were new. Talking hundreds and hundreds.

No. Its bringing in all items that were sent to me, that are still on the server. So unless I manually go to the server and delete my old emails (which I do every so often), it brings them all back in as if they were new. Talking hundreds and hundreds.

Oh, that's still obnoxious but not as bad as it resending your emails to others.

Turned my password off to delete Apple Pay to start over. Does anybody else see like a 2 second delay or 1 second lag when they slide to unlock? Never had it before 9 install.

A couple of weeks in and here have been my pain points
- reduced battery life. I use my phone a lot all day, but before the update I could at least make it to late in the afternoon before charging (I hate seeing anything below 30% battery life) now I'm plugging in around 2 or 3 pm versus 5 or 6 pm.

- apps are working sporadically. I've received more app updates bc unless the app sends an update for ios9, it will intermittently have issues

- thank god no email issues, but I'm only using gmail not a corporate/private network email set up

- tapatalk works at best 70% of the time. Not an ios9 issue per se, but it's annoying

Back