Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Club Champion Fitting: The Interview

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myndcraft View Post
    That's an amazing shaft and what got fit into as well at CC. I also bought it elsewhere, but am having them do the install.
    I fact I told my fitter that I probably fit in the Fujikura better that the one that he fit me for.
    Might be something I look at later.
    In my Rogue Staff Stand Bag:
    Driver: Rogue Draw 10.5˚-1/N
    Woods: Rogue 3+, 5 & HWood
    Hybrids:
    Rogue 4H
    Irons:
    Rogue X 6-AW 950GH
    Wedges: MD4 54/58 Wedge Shaft
    Red O-Works 2 Ball Fang

Ball: 2018 Chrome Soft (No**)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    556 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdtox View Post
    The cost for a full bag fitting from Club Champion is $350. The cost for a driver fitting is $150. I would think most know the cost of the driver before you get fit, what you don't know may be the cost of the shaft upcharge, their spine and flo charge...add that plus the cost of the fitting all together and I can see where "surprise" could come in to play. What they do not do is discount the cost of the fitting with a purchase, so even if you end up with a stock setup you will pay more than you would buying it off the shelf. However you would know it was the right fit for you and can take comfort in that.
    I got a special price of $175 full bag (3 hours) which I thought is a great deal. At my stage of the game, I know for sure that I'm not tour material, all I want is a fitting and numbers that I can use when I purchase clubs again, be it from CC or someplace else. I've never had a "expert"/"good fitting" before so hopefully I'll get what I'm after. I see all of these shafts offered for drivers and irons and to be honest, I really don't know what is good for me or not. Something that works for Mike might not work for Walt. Some of the fitters that I've been too were only pushing what they wanted to sell me and maybe not what is the ideal shaft. I'll find out soon!
    Driver- G400 Max Alta 55
    Fairway- King F7 Pro 65
    HYB- XR Steelhead H4 Ozik Program F15
    Irons- CF16 5-AW Recoil F3
    Wedge-Milled Grind 56* Aerotech i95
    Wedge- CBX 58* Aerotech i95
    Putter- TEI3 LS SS

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to buckeyewalt For This Useful Post:

93civiccpe (03-23-2018), dazeedmonds (03-24-2018)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52,582 Posts
    Still working on part 2, but it will be up this week. This one covers a LOT of information, but anybody that is interested in fitting should enjoy it. Having to work with backup sound (we record sound twice for this very reason) but its all good.
    In my 2015 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

Driver:
    Rogue w/ HZRDUS Yellow Shaft 45"
    Driver 2:
    XXIO Prime w/Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43"
    Fairway Wood:
    Exotics EX10 Beta
    Hybrids:
    Launcher HB 3
    Irons:
    Honma TW737P 5-PW
    Wedges:
    CBX 50* & RTX-3 54*
    Putter:
    #7S
    Balls:
    2018 Chrome Soft

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JB For This Useful Post:

93civiccpe (03-27-2018), dazeedmonds (03-27-2018), Jimmy3864 (03-28-2018), kevin81002 (03-28-2018), so-illhacker (03-28-2018)

Junior Golfer
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Based on peoples' experiences getting fit at CC or similar stores, I'm curious how long it took to dial you into your setup?

The reason I ask is my old golf pro is now a fitter at CC and mentioned that he can typically fit someone in 2-3 tries. Then spends the rest of the fitting trying out other combinations that are ultimately inferior. If that's not just bluster, I've been thinking about asking for his equipment recommendation and saving myself the time and cost of a fitting since he already knows my swing intimately.

Or does it really take an hour on the machine trying various options to see which meshes best with a particular swing?
    Driver: G400 LST 8.5 HZRDUS Yellow
    3W: TBD
    Irons: JPX 800 4-PW
    Wedges: SM6 50, 54, 58
    Putter: O-Works #7 White/Black/White

Major Champion
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    641 Posts
    Part 2 coming soon... very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Morgan Cup 2018 Ultralight Bag #Team Hackers
    Driver F8 Project X Black 6.0
    3W - F8 Project X HZRDUS Yellow
    5W - F8 Project X HZRDUS Yellow
    4i-GW King F8 KBS C-taper
    54* King Black Versatile
    58* King Black

Pure Michigan
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAHack View Post
    Based on peoples' experiences getting fit at CC or similar stores, I'm curious how long it took to dial you into your setup?

The reason I ask is my old golf pro is now a fitter at CC and mentioned that he can typically fit someone in 2-3 tries. Then spends the rest of the fitting trying out other combinations that are ultimately inferior. If that's not just bluster, I've been thinking about asking for his equipment recommendation and saving myself the time and cost of a fitting since he already knows my swing intimately.

Or does it really take an hour on the machine trying various options to see which meshes best with a particular swing?
    I would like to think that it is not possible to fit someone that quickly. Unless we are talking about a scratch player with a repeatable swing and being requested to fit into specific equipment.

Based on my experience for this fitting it was quite extensive and easily lasted an hour as we tried several shafts and multiple heads as well.
    In my Morgan Cup Ultralight Cart Bag #TeamParadise
    F8+ Driver (Nardo)
    F8 3w (Nardo)
    F8 3H (Nardo)
    4-PW Forged Tec Black
    King Black Wedges 50v, 55v, 60v

O Works Black 7s

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdtox For This Useful Post:

c.a.eleric (03-29-2018), JustAHack (03-28-2018)

Oak Quarry Champion!!!! kevin81002's Avatar
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,608 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAHack View Post

The fitter could get lucky and nail it in a couple tries. It's not impossible. But you won't know that for sure until you have data from trying other set ups. Most likely, he's finding something that works in a few tries... not necessarily what's best.

Basically, when I got fitted at No Bogeys Golf in Laguna Niguel, I spent about 20 minutes talking to Kyle about what I was looking for. I told him I liked the equipment I'm currently using, but was looking for ways to optimize in terms of shafts, swingweight, etc, etc. We spent 3 hours trying different shaft combinations, adding and taking away swingweight, and so on until we came to what we thought was ideal for my swing. I took his recommendations, purchased the shafts I needed myself. Worked out well. I did have them do the shaft installs for me as well.
    Proud Participant of The Handcrafted Experience 2016 with and THP
    Proud Co-Captain of the Regional Rivalry: SoCal vs Norcal 2017
    Excited for the Upcoming #TheGameChanger with
    and Jamie Sadlowski

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kevin81002 For This Useful Post:

JustAHack (03-28-2018)

Major Champion
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,389 Posts
    I can't wait for part 2 to come out! I'm always eager to learn more about fitting and different fitting methods, I really like the way the fitting started and CC and I'm very interested in seeing the more in depth part 2.
    Proud Member of Team 99 Malort 2017 The Gauntlet
    Went to #ShaftUp #1 with UST Mamiya
    Proud Member of Team# for #TheCup

GBB Epic Sub Zero 9* w/ Attas 6Star 8X
    GBB Epic Sub Zero 3W w/ Attas T2 9X
    Apex 3h w/ Recoil Prototype 110 F5P
    Z765 4-PW w/ Recoil Prototype 125 F4
    RTX 3.0 50,54,58* w/ Recoil Wedge Proto F5
    ProType #3
    Thanks to UST Mamiya, Cleveland/Srixon Golf, and THP for the amazing set of irons and wedges!!!

Junior Golfer
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdtox View Post
    I would like to think that it is not possible to fit someone that quickly. Unless we are talking about a scratch player with a repeatable swing and being requested to fit into specific equipment.

Based on my experience for this fitting it was quite extensive and easily lasted an hour as we tried several shafts and multiple heads as well.
    Thanks, that's good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin81002 View Post
    The fitter could get lucky and nail it in a couple tries. It's not impossible. But you won't know that for sure until you have data from trying other set ups. Most likely, he's finding something that works in a few tries... not necessarily what's best.

Basically, when I got fitted at No Bogeys Golf in Laguna Niguel, I spent about 20 minutes talking to Kyle about what I was looking for. I told him I liked the equipment I'm currently using, but was looking for ways to optimize in terms of shafts, swingweight, etc, etc. We spent 3 hours trying different shaft combinations, adding and taking away swingweight, and so on until we came to what we thought was ideal for my swing. I took his recommendations, purchased the shafts I needed myself. Worked out well. I did have them do the shaft installs for me as well.
    I appreciate the feedback. It sounded a little braggadocios to be able to nail the perfect setup that quickly, but it's not a process I'm familiar with yet. With how poorly my shafts were fit at a big box store last time, I might have to try out CC after I stop screwing around with my swing.
    Driver: G400 LST 8.5 HZRDUS Yellow
    3W: TBD
    Irons: JPX 800 4-PW
    Wedges: SM6 50, 54, 58
    Putter: O-Works #7 White/Black/White

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JustAHack For This Useful Post:

kevin81002 (03-28-2018)

Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52,582 Posts
    Tomorrow the feature on the home page is part 2 of the Club Champion driver fitting. Its the complete shaft portion and is a lot of fun. New thread will be up in the morning.
    In my 2015 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

Driver:
    Rogue w/ HZRDUS Yellow Shaft 45"
    Driver 2:
    XXIO Prime w/Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43"
    Fairway Wood:
    Exotics EX10 Beta
    Hybrids:
    Launcher HB 3
    Irons:
    Honma TW737P 5-PW
    Wedges:
    CBX 50* & RTX-3 54*
    Putter:
    #7S
    Balls:
    2018 Chrome Soft

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JB For This Useful Post:

93civiccpe (03-29-2018), c.a.eleric (03-29-2018), itsOpeningDay (03-29-2018), PatsFan (03-29-2018), so-illhacker (03-29-2018), tpluff (03-29-2018)

Major Champion
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    641 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin81002 View Post

I agree with Kevin, but would add that CC has well experienced fitters who do this day in - out... I would expect that they can narrow down things (shaft types, heads) quickly based on what swings they see and then start to dial in on numbers... so it could be relatively short... my recent experience the driver took about 45mins but that was after ~ 2 hours with irons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Morgan Cup 2018 Ultralight Bag #Team Hackers
    Driver F8 Project X Black 6.0
    3W - F8 Project X HZRDUS Yellow
    5W - F8 Project X HZRDUS Yellow
    4i-GW King F8 KBS C-taper
    54* King Black Versatile
    58* King Black