JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
No, not that kind...The good stuff. Most people shy away before trying it, but its quite good. So many varieties now too. So who is with me?

spamflavors-jpg.287213

217-2.JPG

51aQkG9jKVL._SX355_.jpg

We love the hickory smoke

I grew up with fried spam and potatoes. Good stuff. Don't ever get it now since the rest of the family won't touch it.

I toured the processing plant in Austin, MN when interviewing for an internship in college.

'nuff said

• Admin
I toured the processing plant in Austin, MN when interviewing for an internship in college.

'nuff said

You would eat nothing but grains if you toured any processing plant.

I honestly don't know that I have ever tried it. Has always had that stigma attached to it. I am kind of intrigued by the Chorizo and Bacon varieties.

Nothing wrong with some SPAM AND EGGS. Or fried SPAM Sammie.

Been a long while since I've had any. I didn't know there were so many varieties.

I haven’t had spam since I was a kid. I used to love opening the can with the key.

Might have to buy a can and give it a shot again.

I've always thought it was gross unless you really fried it to a crisp.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Been quite a few years since I have had it, and not really high on the list of must haves for me.

Strange but at 64 I have never tried it!!

Haven't had it in years, remember it being very salty.

Last edited:
I have never tried it or had any interest in trying it.

As a kid from a mom who was born and raised in Honolulu, we had Spam a lot!

I love the bacon version, but since Spam has SO much salt in it, I only get the low sodium kind. It still had a butt load of salt, but a good bit less than the regular kind.

I haven't thought about Spam in years and I had no idea that there were so many varieties. I'm probably not rushing out to try them though.

I like spam and rice. I need to try the Jalapeno, garlic, and chorizo ones. Very curious on them.

hell yeah. love my spam. got the wife and kids hooked on it.

I use to eat a lot of fried SPAM when I was growing up. It was pretty good. Haven't had it since. BTW did you know that the word SPAM stands for Special Processed American Meat.

I love me some SPAM. I had some a couple weeks ago. Fried up with a nice fried egg on a toasted bagel. So good. It's just crazy how expensive it has got. I haven't tried too many varieties, but I think I'm going to have to now.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I love it, but we have had it mulitiple times for breakfast and the kids actually like it too.

I have never tried it, but have to admit, this looks disgusting to me

I haven’t had spam since I was a kid. I used to love opening the can with the key.

Might have to buy a can and give it a shot again.

Definitely miss rolling that lid off with the key. My mother used to make spam salad. She had an old crank grinder you clamped to a tabletop and she would grind up spam and velveeta with some celery and onion to give it the appearance of nutritional value. Definitely helped to feed her horde of kids on the cheap.

Fried spam on white bread with mustard. I served with a guy that was stationed at Pearl Harbor. He said that Hawaiians can’t get enough spam they have it with everything.

I can honestly say I haven't ever tried the original or any variations, but I have a feeling I'd like it!

Back