DraftKings or FanDuel: Do you play?

So is it better to always have someone going on MNF?

So is it better to always have someone going on MNF?

Yes, Its a great strategy move to lift your standings . Pretty much Every tournaments leader will fall several hundred spots for that reason of not having someone in the last game.

Of course we still have to pick the players making the most points no matter which game they come from.But there is no better feeling than watching you standings climb in that last game.

If you check the winners team of almost every tournament they will have someone from that last game.

Last edited:
Well I spent about $10 this weekend and won $4. I am not very good at math but sounds like a poor showing. Furyk WD ended my golf lineup and the Eddie Lacy injury hurt two of my NFL lineups. Basically if I pick you then you are going to get hurt. Sucks for you.

I signed up for Fan Duel yesterday to give it a shot as well since it seems to pay out more places each week. They also use a Kicker instead of a Flex option which is a little harder for me but I took $25 of my DraftKings winnings and sent to FanDuel so it isn't a big deal I guess.

Lots of fun for (so far) no loss.

Well I spent about $10 this weekend and won $4. I am not very good at math but sounds like a poor showing. Furyk WD ended my golf lineup and the Eddie Lacy injury hurt two of my NFL lineups. Basically if I pick you then you are going to get hurt. Sucks for you.

I signed up for Fan Duel yesterday to give it a shot as well since it seems to pay out more places each week. They also use a Kicker instead of a Flex option which is a little harder for me but I took $25 of my DraftKings winnings and sent to FanDuel so it isn't a big deal I guess.

Lots of fun for (so far) no loss.

Im thinking of signing up for this weekend for 1 (or both), why not since im amazingly bad at FF

I've played the last two weeks. Intially deposited $25. I've been able to double my money each week so far. So I am up to $70 starting into Week 3.

You definitely have to go against the grain. I try to find a QB who is cheap that could exploit a good matchup. Started Winston against the Saints and that worked out well. Spending your money on stud wideouts is wise, IMO. Because of the 1 pt ppr and bonuses for going over 100 yards.

Im thinking of signing up for this weekend for 1 (or both), why not since im amazingly bad at FF

LMK if you want a referral for a free entry :angel:

If Brady threw to Edelman or Gronk for a TD at the end of the game...

My week would have been AWESOME with a top 5 (from looking at about 40 opponents) with a $200,000 win....not bad for a $3 league

Yeah, I was pacing, but the patriots run the ball at the end of the game! Damn!

Had $12 invested this last week and made $136
Not bad.

Won $11 on a $2 bet this week. Yay

If Brady threw to Edelman or Gronk for a TD at the end of the game...

My week would have been AWESOME with a top 5 (from looking at about 40 opponents) with a $200,000 win....not bad for a $3 league

Yeah, I was pacing, but the patriots run the ball at the end of the game! Damn!

Had $12 invested this last week and made $136
Not bad.

It can have you wanting to throw something quite often when you realize just how much $$$ you can gain or loose near the top. Congrats on a great Sweat !

My week was not to great although I came out about $30 to the good on FD and DK so $60 profit ain't to bad I guess, If Ivory would have scored last night It would have had me around $125 on FD ,But I'll take it on to next week . Missed pretty bad at the RB spot , gotta make better picks .

Didn't do great this weekend. I was in 4 games, one is a 18 person league. Spent $9 total, and won $3.

a little late to this thread, but to op's question on "do you play," my answer is "no." i've tried fantasy with a few different sports, and always gave up because it wasn't fun enough to justify the amount of time necessary.

i'm curious about the business model, though. i expect they're basically short-term investors. you deposit your money with them on what, monday through wednesday? then the payouts happen the following week. so they have everbody's money for 1 week before it's due to be paid out, and they invest it. so every week there are probably millions if not billions of dollars flowing through there, and even at very low short-term yields they're still making bookoodles of cash every week. that's essentially how adp and other outsourced payroll companies make their money, so i'm just guessing that these fantasy sites do the same.

first contest in Fan Duel last night was a $2 double up in MLB. I almost...almost...came in dead last. It was impressive.

Anyone win anything big lately? Won about $30 on $10 worth of plays this weekend. Having a lot more success with college than NFL.

Lost this week in the NFL had won first 3 weeks.

No luck here. Have lost about $10 the last couple weeks.

Only won a few bucks this week. So far I like it. Been on DK think I might try out Fan Duel this week

I have been playing on DraftPot instead. They have modes like Draft Kings, but also have a "Fan Mode" where there is no salary cap restriction. Won $50 bucks on a $10 contest this week in fan mode.

If anyone is interested https://www.draftpot.com/?promoCode=taylor should get us both a bonus. Promo code is "TAYLOR" if you access not from that link. I think we both get 20 bucks

And users using your promo code will get a 100% deposit bonus up to $1000 plus one free ticket for $3 NFL $10,000 Shotgun on 10/11/15.

It is certainly different than DK or FD but I am enjoying the option to put together lineups without restrictions.

class action lawsuit could be pending soon here....

Anyone win anything big lately? Won about $30 on $10 worth of plays this weekend. Having a lot more success with college than NFL.
not a huge cash but big ROI. took 2nd in a 250 man $1 league for $30

I've found success doing the small window of games. Thurs/Fri college games and the Sunday afternoon window of NFL.

Also a good idea to avoid the big games with 500k entries. They have some smaller games with 50-80k slots that don't pay as much but seem to work out better for me. A friend of mine just turned $3 into $60 yesterday.

I turned $1 into $4 in a smaller league.

Big bucks!

Also a good idea to avoid the big games with 500k entries. They have some smaller games with 50-80k slots that don't pay as much but seem to work out better for me. A friend of mine just turned $3 into $60 yesterday.

I turned $1 into $4 in a smaller league.

Big bucks!

I'll throw one in the big games every once in awhile, but mainly I play smaller games. It would be nice to get a lucky run and hit one for a few hundred bucks one day.

Won a 6 night stay-and-play vacation in Ireland. Still waiting for all the details.

FanDuel...........

Back