Swing video thread

Gilbertc13

Mizuno Staffer
Reaction score
Handicap
Last edited:
Not actively seeking advice, just didn’t see a place for people to post their swings and say what they’re proud of or what they want to work on. Also want to see some unique and different swings as none are the same https://youtu.be/Qk9ZRLSmQrs

https://youtu.be/xH07K8Q9Xw4

Sent from HTX
I actually just posted some videos of my putting stroke tonight... But I created my own swing journey thread a while back so I threw them in there. I like the idea of a swing thread. Good creation sir!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I actually just posted some videos of my putting stroke tonight... But I created my own swing journey thread a while back so I through them in there. I like the idea of a swing thread. Good creation sir!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks D!

Sent from HTX

Good thread idea. Interesting non standard swing, heavy float loading. I am a fan of non standard swings. I mean this in a nice way but is that driver over 45.5"?

Don't have any recent ones but let me dig up an old one to keep this thread going

Good thread idea. Interesting non standard swing, heavy float loading. I am a fan of non standard swings. I mean this in a nice way but is that driver over 45.5"?

Don't have any recent ones but let me dig up an old one to keep this thread going

No sir. Should be playing right at standard. I call the club the fitting cart special. Heavy float? Never heard that term

Sent from HTX

I could have the term wrong, I think it is a TGM term. Basically my understanding of the term is adding wrist cock on the downswing compared to having full wrist cock at the top(P4)

Here are a few on mine.

My holy hell it looks like I am aiming 75 yards right of the fairway phase.

My marginally decent phase

My proof anyone can get decent at golf 15-20 handicap April 2015 phase (I threw up a little just watching this)

As you can see it can be pretty ugly at times.
Lets keep this going so add yours next, even if ugly.

This is one I put together a few years back when I was a bit flat at the top.
I made this to play with a new camera I had at the time but was neat to see the slo mo replay.

I will try to get a current swing vid this spring and post it here as I have been working on getting the club higher above my shoulders and neck at the top.

This is one I put together a few years back when I was a bit flat at the top.
I made this to play with a new camera I had at the time but was neat to see the slo mo replay.

I will try to get a current swing vid this spring and post it here as I have been working on getting the club higher above my shoulders and neck at the top.

Not bad! Check out the 1:17 mark (or close to it) in the bottom video....your swing is ending too early. I'm not so sure about trying to place the club at the top...could be your natural swing....I mean...check out Trevino's swing. His college golf coach told him he'd never make it on tour with his flat swing. The rest is history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA9NXE6HIEk

Great thread! It's fun to watch other folk's swings because I think it helps all of us in the long-run.

Here's what a bombed 4 wood looks like for me lol.

Not bad! Check out the 1:17 mark (or close to it) in the bottom video....your swing is ending too early. I'm not so sure about trying to place the club at the top...could be your natural swing....I mean...check out Trevino's swing. His college golf coach told him he'd never make it on tour with his flat swing. The rest is history!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA9NXE6HIEk

Thanks for the feed back!
That video was probably 5+ years old and in the years since I have shortened my back swing and gotten more upright. That old swing was fairly good at hitting distance but not so much for consistency as I had to time the release of my hands. This generated some nasty pulls and hooks if I miss timed it. Could you elaborate on that statement about finishing early?
By moving to a more upright and shortened swing I find I can work the ball both ways and retain more control, especially with my irons.
I tend to hit a high trajectory (even with 8.5° Driver & X-Flex shaft) and this years goal is to finish more on my left side and hit a bit of a more penetrating flight.

Really appreciate the feed back.

Back