Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Anyone have any favorite training aids?

What are they?

• Staff
I love the PuttOut, use it daily. Also use my putting mirrors a good bit and have my HS kids on them as well. Other than that, the simple old gate drill (so, two tees) and alignment rods are MULTI purpose for sure.

alignment rods are pretty much it for me and im not even 100% sure i use them correctly every time. Im lazy with my practice and i hate that about my game

Roger Cleveland is my fav training aid, still benefiting from working with him at the 2016 Granddaddy!

Anyone have any favorite training aids?

What are they?

Alignment sticks. I will be getting the Putt Out and Putt out Mat after reading your review. Thanks!

I use alignment sticks and a putting mirror. I only use the putting mirror in the winter indoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my original Big Moss putting green. Has really helped to groove the stroke, considering the larger outdoor version for the patio.

Too early to tell if it will help, but I got a SKLZ Gold Flex swing trainer this week. (Poor man’s Orange Whip). I can already tell that the weighted head and flex force me into a better swing path and weight shift. I’ll take it with me to the range tomorrowand see how it feels.

alignment sticks are number one, use them for full swing and putting practice.

After that, I really like the orange whip. Have a couple others I want to try out, but after experience with several others I will probably stick with these for now.

alignment sticks are number one, use them for full swing and putting practice.

After that, I really like the orange whip. Have a couple others I want to try out, but after experience with several others I will probably stick with these for now.

Seconded

Alignment sticks are so underrated I think and the orange whip is awesome.

I love the PuttOut, use it daily. Also use my putting mirrors a good bit and have my HS kids on them as well. Other than that, the simple old gate drill (so, two tees) and alignment rods are MULTI purpose for sure.

Asking for the putt out trainer and mat for Xmas, thanks for the feedback

Alignment sticks finally clicked for me when my instructor pointed out I was using them wrong. Rather then use them behind the ball to align my feet, I use them in front of the ball and it keeps my aim proper because behind the ball you end up aligned left of the target.

I like the orange whip, and I'm very seriously considering the puttout. That's just a cool little device.

I have only had the Puttout Trainer for a couple days but it's already my favorite. I can't wait until Tues when the Puttout mat gets here.

I have only had the Puttout Trainer for a couple days but it's already my favorite. I can't wait until Tues when the Puttout mat gets here.

I hate mine so much. I'm rolling it over the regulation hole a lot, which is nice, but I swear I can't get the ball to stay in the smaller hole like ever. I should probably try somewhere other than the garage floor though, that might be like.. half the problem.

I hate mine so much. I'm rolling it over the regulation hole a lot, which is nice, but I swear I can't get the ball to stay in the smaller hole like ever. I should probably try somewhere other than the garage floor though, that might be like.. half the problem.

It's a fantastic practice tool! The perfect putt is tough!

It's a fantastic practice tool! The perfect putt is tough!

It really is, on both accounts. I find myself arguing with the perfect putt a lot though, like when it goes up to the little hole and power lips out, or sticks then drops? That makes me so mad.

I tried out the orange whip this year and enjoyed it. Was easy to break out and use anywhere.

Also, not a tool per say, but the backyard putting green I installed this year really got some good use.

I have the SKLZ all in one trainer. My instructor had one similar. It has really helped me from coming over the top.

It really is, on both accounts. I find myself arguing with the perfect putt a lot though, like when it goes up to the little hole and power lips out, or sticks then drops? That makes me so mad.

I have had the ball stick twice so far after a couple hundred putts. It really is satisfying when it does but I have way more that go about half across the hole then come back at me. I can't imagine a better putting tool than this.

I have had the ball stick twice so far after a couple hundred putts. It really is satisfying when it does but I have way more that go about half across the hole then come back at me. I can't imagine a better putting tool than this.

Agreed. The two that have stuck have almost been putter drop worthy just for spite. I hate this thing but man I also do love it a lot. MOSTLY HATE RIGHT NOW THOUGH.

I have alignment sticks and I have no idea how to use them.
I have an impact ball that is too small for my bulging forearm muscles (gut gets in the way).
And I have a putter wheel that I roll perfectly and gave up on.

Asking for the putt out trainer and mat for Xmas, thanks for the feedback

Same here. If I don’t get it as a present I’ll buy one the next day. Also might grab a wellputt mat to go with it. Right now it’s using my Birdie Ball green and Putting Professor (putting plane) along with a SeeMore to work on putting setup and mechanics.

On the course I use an Orange Whip to get loose and work on making a good turn/windup and correct tempo

Thanks, Great question and answers. Will purchase Puttout.

PuttOut, Tour Striker Pro, SKLZ 12i Putting Mirror, SKLZ ball first trainer, 48" aluminum ruler

Back