Foot Shufflers: I Plead

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Not everybody walks well and I urge them to continue playing until they no longer can. With that said, I urge all golfers that shuffle there feet or drag their feet, to please consider switching to spikeless shoes. Doing a recent survey of a handful of courses in the area, the amount of golfers that not only do not take care of the course, but shuffle there feet on the greens and completely carve it up is fairly staggering.

So please consider the spikeless alternative.

We are in Foot shufflers paradise. It’s like they moon walk and tap dance around the hole. I hate it with a passion.

The group I was playing with a while back was playing right behind a foot shuffler and it was brutal! He had to have been putting everything out too because he had spike marks around every single cup. Collectively as a group we decided we were all allowed to fix the spike marks in this case. It was ridiculous and frustrating!

A effin men

I make an effort when wearing spikes to tread lightly as the difference is night and stay to spikeless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See it all the time at my home course. Drives me nuts!

We are in Foot shufflers paradise. It’s like they moon walk and tap dance around the hole. I hate it with a passion.

You would think in FL they would all wear spikeless by now. It's so much more comfortable.

There’s a guy in our league that’s a shuffler. I hate playing behind him.

Kindly add anyone who still wears adida zero soft spikes.

Lately some out greens look like a wolverine has been digging.
We play late in the evenings until dark.
When the sun is going down those spike marks look huge!

it’s infuriating. i wonder if grainy greens make it stand out more?

That really bothers me too. So many good spike less options now, no reason not to wear them, especially if your doing the moon walk on every green.

Oh is that a pet peeve of mine, the damn guys I golf with...you think their shoes were made of cement.

I just got some spikeless shoes not long ago. Wore them once so far but only played 2 times since I got them. I try to be very mindful when walking with spikes as to not shuffle at all.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

That's what I wear fully waterproof too and no marks left I'm not a shuffler but I have noticed marks on soft greens when I have spikes on

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

That is the biggest issue with them is they are great waterproof wise but that means the greens are probably soft.
ealing-890x395.jpg
ealing-890x395.jpg
ealing-890x395.jpg
cd618ad5_10996159795_5de63fcfc6_z.jpeg

Good post JB. This drives me crazy especially since the worst damage seems to always appear within a 3 foot circumference of the hole. What are these guys/gals doing...sometimes I think the MJ moonwalk dance. Grrrr!

Brutal when this happens

Yeah this is never good. I'm sure a majority of those doing it can't help it, but at the same time they should recognize the aftermath. This sounds like a marketing opportunity for a shoe manufacturer. Round over soft spikes that are drag proof. Someone will buy them.

Some of these shufflers are the same folks that use their clubs like walking sticks and leave cuts or dents in the greens with their spike marks. This drives me crazy.

At 260 lbs I can’t help but leave imprints and spike marks when I stand on a softer green... but whenever I drag my feet accidentally, the first thing I do is repair it as best I can

Sent from HTX

My partners and I try to minimize our activity near the hole, we always leave retrieving the balls to the last person to putt. Do others play this way? Is this something that would be frowned upon by real golfers?

Last edited:
I haattteeee people who can’t pick up their feet. Really makes it a long day when around the hole is just beat to hell.

Back