I played with a pro golfer yesterday

Great story and drives home the fact that it's all in the short game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was fun to read about your experience, thanks for sharing it.

I've never played with a touring pro, but I've played a lot of rounds with club pros and even those guys had great games. I'd love to play with a touring pro some day.

Very frickin cool!

i played with a mini tour player last year on a really difficult golf course. he hit some great shots, particularly short game and putting. but he didn't break 80. he was a really nice guy, too.

That is an awesome story. So much wisdom passed down from just watching the pros work. Thanks for sharing!

What a great story!

I bet that was a blast Rob! So true about the short game.

After first round Wes is 7 shots back at +2, T28. Hoping tomorrow goes better.

Great story, thanks for sharing :)

That's awesome!

Your story reminds me of an experience that unfortunately ended tragically. My home club hosted the lady professionals when it was still the Futures tour. Many of the ladies liked to play the course with members to get some local knowledge. I had the pleasure to do so with an extremely attractive and extremely nice young lady named Erica Blasberg. A year of so later, I learned that she committed suicide. While I realize that 18 holes of golf is not going to provide a total insight into an individual, but she was so nice and pleasant, to say I was shocked would be an understatement. Such a tragedy, one never knows.

I just read the article about her. Man, such a sad story. Very beautiful person and too bad she had to end her life.

Very cool experience, glad you had a good time

Really enjoyed reading this. What a fun time that must have been. This sounded like an amazing time.

That sounds awesome. The reason we like watching the pro's is they make our jaws drop with incredible feats and they make it look easy. Playing right next to someone so good must be an even cooler thing to behold.

After first round Wes is 7 shots back at +2, T28. Hoping tomorrow goes better.
I just peeked in. Despite a double on #2, Wes shot a strong 5 under 66 today. He is currently tied for 5th with a few golfers yet to finish.

I just peeked in. Despite a double on #2, Wes shot a strong 5 under 66 today. He is currently tied for 5th with a few golfers yet to finish.

Now T7 but that's in the money! Call it the THP bump?

I had a round with a Trainee Pro he was off +1 on a 550 meter par 5 he hit driver to around 300 meters then got out his Srixon U45 18* Utility Iron and put it on the green from 250 meters out leaving a 4 meter putt and holed it for an eagle. The power and control these young guys have is amazing. It took me 3 shots drove 200 meters then 3 Wood and another 3 Wood to be just off the green, he gave me a short chipping lesson on how he would play that shot, I chipped to within a meter then holed the putt. He said to me that I couldn't of played the hole better, he said that's why you get a shot on this hole he said to focus more on getting up and down rather than about hitting greens in regulation and my scores will come down.

Last edited:
Very cool experience!

Back