What Club Brand are You Most Reluctant to Use or Try?

Mizuno as I have always thought them to be better players clubs and I had a hard time with the ez irons. Maybe the new one would have been better but during my fitting the were -5 yes shorter for me and harder to hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Taylor Made for me thanks. I just don't like any of their product lines and their marketing just plain $uck$.

Titelist's marketing one ball to everyone (and wouldn't you know it... It's their most expensive ball...)
Leaves me with a bad impression of anything titleist.
I wouldn't play their clubs.

Tour Exotics. Lack of advertising and lack of tour use gives me the impression of an inferior model.
This for me as well. And add Ping in there for everything but putters. Their clubs have never appealed to me in the looks department.

I've always been wary of Northwestern.
Not a huge Kroydon fan either.

I'm not reluctant to TRY any clubs, but if they don't pass the eye test 1st, then they HAVE to pass the playing test or it's 100% a no go.

Not interested in trying:

Adams, my perception, for beginners, mid range club sets in a box.
Nike, too broad a product line, not focused on golf. Most Nike products are way overpriced.
Wilson, tried to demo them 5 years ago, even the Wilson rep couldn't help me locate a shop in my area.

I will try anything but dont look at much from Nike, Ping, Taylormade or Adams.

I've never hit a Nike club and can't say I ever will. Never liked their shoes and I guess that's followed suit for me with their clubs. They just look like all show and no go to me.

I used to avoid Titleist like the plague but now I think they make the best hybrids.

Taylormade and Nike.

Honestly, I'll try anything. Sometimes the prices will give me pause for some new releases from Mizuno, Titleist, and especially Miura and now PXG, but it won't stop me from trying them.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I've thought about this a little more and honestly, it's Ping. None of their stuff does anything for me visually, for some reason, and I've never hit their woods well. Although I have liked the s55 and i25 irons when I've hit them...but they don't call to me to try like other brands do.

For me it would be Nike or Ping. Over my years playing golf, these are the two brands that I have not gamed, or ever hit for that matter.

Nike for me. Outside of Apparel, I'm always disappointed anything Nike Golf related.

Taylormade, never have found anything that suited me from them. Titliest, don 't care for their marketing, and once again have never had anything they make work for me.

I am not a fan of titleist's way of doing business
I am not a fan of Ping's looks
I am not a fan of Cobra's colors, but they make everything in black.
I don't like Nike's colors

I would still try them, but they would have to be significantly better/cheaper for me to buy them

For me it would have to be Wilson just because of the perceived quality. They sell clubs in Kmart and Walmart so that doesn't do much for their brand prestige especially in the golf industry. I think team sports niche is a total different animal. I've tried new staff irons and they do perform but I think the brand itself has been cheapened since the days is Snead and the likes.

For me it would have to be Wilson just because of the perceived quality. They sell clubs in Kmart and Walmart so that doesn't do much for their brand prestige especially in the golf industry. I think team sports niche is a total different animal. I've tried new staff irons and they do perform but I think the brand itself has been cheapened since the days is Snead and the likes.
This hurts my heart. At #StaffProto we discussed this very thing and W/S has a definite model for getting away from the past business model which damaged their reputation. For some it'll take a long time to forgive and forget, but their current Wilson Staff clubs are as good as anything else you'll find on the market.

Grenade... Nothing about it makes me want to try it. I would have said the same thing about Yonex a few years ago. But a hybrid changed my mind on that one.

I'm not a fan of Titleist or Mizuno. Something about Mizuno irons just don't do it for me. I'm a single digit and still find it hard to consistently hit their irons. I just don't even demo them anymore. For the Mizuno fans out there, I had a set of Cobra Amp Cell Pro's(blades) that I hit very consistently so it's not for a lack of good ball striking.

I'm not a Titleist fan because it seems like every person I know that has a set of Titleist irons thinks their clubs are superior to everyone else's. I know both companies make quality products, but I think they're overrated, over priced, and they just don't do it for me.

I'll try any club but must say that I've never been a big Ping iron fan.

Even though I've purchased a Nike hybrid in the past (like literally 10 years ago).. nothing from Nike appeals to me now.
Adams - never even look at it for whatever reason.

Nike for me. I just don't like the way their clubs look...

Back