Fantasy Football leagues

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
So obviously lots of folks like to play FF here as evidenced by all the THP leagues. But curious as to how many participate in other leagues (family / friends / work, etc.) and what factors play into those?

I thoroughly enjoy all things fantasy and was thinking about running a league next year. So my questions posed:

1) how many teams are in the league you play in?
2) what's the buy in?
3) ESPN, Yahoo, or other?
4) Pay on regular season and playoffs or just overall?
5) standard scoring, half or full point PPR?
6) what do you like, not like, or would like to change about your league?

So what say you? And feel free to share any other thoughts you would like besides the above. Thanks!

Only other leagues i play in are the NFFC and NFBC leagues. Reliable payouts and great setups and live drafts are awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Play in two other leagues, one from work and the other college buddies. Both $50 buy ins and both on yahoo. One PPR the other not. I don’t think I’d change anything at this point. I got the rules changed that I thought should be changed over the years.

1) This year i did 4 of my own teams and did the weekly leagues as well
2) range from $40-$200. The $200 is an IDP Dynasty league we are 6 year into
3) Mixture of both. I like the draft feature of the yahoo app as opposed to the ESPN app but i love ESPN's interface
4) in the $200 league, we pay $100 to regular season #1 seed, the rest of the leagues no.
5) PPR seems to be the majority and one i prefer
6) I have been wanting to add a transaction cap or fee for a couple of years now.

I play in a work ESPN league that has 12 people. Buy in was $25.

It is non-ppr but I’m personally fine with either.

What I don’t like about my work league is they charge you $5 for trades and $1 a move after 10 moves on the waiver wire.

To me that seems to discourage trading and people trying to make there team better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to play in multiple standard leagues but now its only THP leagues and Draft Kings. While I still enjoy the standard type fantasy league I have found Draft Kings, Fan Duel, etc to be more fun on a weekly basis. THP leagues are fun because of the challenge a 16 team league presents, but the DFS have their merits as well. I find it fun trying to create lineups and enjoy not being handcuffed by a terrible draft or plagued by injuries.

So obviously lots of folks like to play FF here as evidenced by all the THP leagues. But curious as to how many participate in other leagues (family / friends / work, etc.) and what factors play into those?

I thoroughly enjoy all things fantasy and was thinking about running a league next year. So my questions posed:

2) what's the buy in?

So what say you? And feel free to share any other thoughts you would like besides the above. Thanks!

Here's my situtaion -

1) how many teams are in the league you play in? I play in 3-4 each year.
2) what's the buy in? ranges from $150-$200
3) ESPN, Yahoo, or other? I use RT Sports (pay site) and NFL.com. ESPN for THP league only
4) Pay on regular season and playoffs or just overall? Pay on playoffs only. Usually 12 teams (THP only 16 team league). Top 6 make it to the playoffs, Top 2 get a 1st round bye, only pay out top 4 spots. Bottom 6 go into a consolation bracket and winner gets a small $$
5) standard scoring, half or full point PPR? All PPR. In the league I run the qb gets 6pts for a td, and bonuses based on yardages
6) what do you like, not like, or would like to change about your league? overall I like my leagues. To keep things interesting, in my money leagues we charge $2 per loss that goes into the pool for the end of the year dinner. Also the last place team pays for the dinner so it keeps people engaged all year and not abandon their teams.

12 teams.
PPR
Do no play the last week of season.
PPR
ESPN
100 percent payback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only play THP FF, I wish I did play in another league, just to see what kind of strategy I would do in a different scoring format or a league with less total teams.

I play a lot of Yahoo public leagues just for fun for the NHL, NFL, MLB, PGA.
I'm in one "friends" league with prize money.

1) how many teams are in the league you play in? 12
2) what's the buy in? $75
3) ESPN, Yahoo, or other? ESPN (I prefer Yahoo to ESPN)
4) Pay on regular season and playoffs or just overall? If you make the playoffs you recoup a little $, and more $ the further you go.
5) standard scoring, half or full point PPR? Full PPR some bonus points for 100 yards to WR & RB and 300 yards for QBs
6) what do you like, not like, or would like to change about your league? Transactions are limited. No flex positions.

If ran a league the starting positions would be:
QB
RB
WR
WR
TE
RB/WR
WR/TE
K
D/ST

One league I was in let you start 1 individual player from your D/ST and they accumulated points on tackles, sacks, fumbles, Int, returns.
I kind of like that idea.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
1) how many teams are in the league you play in? - 16
2) what's the buy in? - $150
3) ESPN, Yahoo, or other? - CBSSportsLine
4) Pay on regular season and playoffs or just overall? Regular season and playoffs
5) standard scoring, half or full point PPR? Standard scoring, half point PPR
6) what do you like, not like, or would like to change about your league?Get rid of 4 divisions and go to 2 conferences and make the SuperBowl Week 16 and not Week 17
Responses in bold

Onto the Semi-Finals this week!!

I've been in a 12 man league that's very competitive for about 10 years now.

2) what's the buy in? $100
3) ESPN, Yahoo, or other? ESPN
4) Pay on regular season and playoffs or just overall? Highest points gets paid at the end of week 13 and then second place and first place get paid.
5) standard scoring, half or full point PPR? Half PPR
6) what do you like, not like, or would like to change about your league? I like that it's ultra competitive but would change the lineup to allow you to play only 1 RB if you wanted. Currently we have 2 RB only spots.

1) how many teams are in the league you play in? 12 in both leagues
2) what's the buy in? ~$100
3) ESPN, Yahoo, or other? My fantasy league.com
4) Pay on regular season and playoffs or just overall? Playoffs
5) standard scoring, half or full point PPR? 1/2 point for RB, 1 pt WR, 1.5 pt TE
6) what do you like, not like, or would like to change about your league? I'd like a bigger /deeper league

One is a dynasty, where we keep everyone and just have a rookie draft every year, that's my favorite. Other is keeper, with 5 keepers. Several options for contracts and taxi squad also. Also, auction>draft

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

12 guy and girl league. $50 buy-in. $500 to winner and $100 2nd in playoffs and only 4 teams make it to playoffs. (I made the the final 2, woo!!) ESPN and non-PPR league which I prefer.

I’m not the commissioner in my league but Changes I would make?

1. Id give $50 or $100 to the winner of the losers bracket. Otherwise everyone else quits come playoff time.

2. I want to change the rule of a kicker getting “blocked” and “missing a kick.” I lost by one point early in the season cause a kicked was blocked and it gave him -1 pts. Like 0 pts got blocked kicked and -1 for missed kick. (Sorry, seems like I’m a little bitter over it...)

I only play in one league:

2) what's the buy in? $100+a few bucks to cover cost of website (trades cost a buck each and all trade money goes to help fund a Super Bowl Party)

3) ESPN, Yahoo, or other? RTSports.com - It costs a bit but is far superior to the free options out there

4) Pay on regular season and playoffs or just overall? Mostly pay on total pts for entire season, 1st, 2nd & 3rd get paid. Play head-to-head thru week 11, every team makes playoffs seeded by regular season record (top 4 get 1st rd bye). Winner of playoffs gets $250, runner up gets booby-prize if it is paid in cash (see note below)

5) standard scoring, half or full point PPR? Pretty much standard, but with some bonuses

6) what do you like, not like, or would like to change about your league? As far as defensive scoring, I hate the fact that your defense is penalized (based off of pts allowed) if the QB for the team throws a pick 6. I do like the fact that all teams make the playoffs, last year I won the playoffs from the 12 seed. I like that we have a penalty (booby prize) for coming in last place which seems to keep teams at least partially interested in setting their lineups throughout the whole season. The last place team has the option of paying $50 (to 2nd place in playoffs) or posting a 5-minute youtube clip of them dancing in a speedo on a busy intersection during the beautiful Milwaukee winter while holding a sign stating how much they suck at fantasy football.

I play in 3. Two are PPR (one 12 team and one 8 team) and one is standard (12 team). Use to play Fanduel until it got banned in AL. My buy ins are $30. Im the commish in one, had it going on 12 years. The standard league needs a waiver wire change, can't stand it. FAAB is the only way to be fair and consistent. I will gladly say that I'm a 2x champ in my league. And I'm in the finals in 2 out of 3 leagues. Should've been all 3 but the waiver wire rules screwed me.

I've been in a league with friends for 17 years. About half of the 10 are from the original crew.
We do an auction with a hard salary cap of $100. You have to reserve part of your cap for FA pick ups if you plan on making moves during the season.

1) how many teams are in the league you play in? 3, was 4 bowed out of THP league this year and regretting it.
2) what's the buy in? Free, $50 and $200 +FA fees

3) ESPN, Yahoo, or other? 2 on ESPN, MyFantasy league

4) Pay on regular season and playoffs or just overall? All

5) standard scoring, half or full point PPR? Scoring is all over the place between leagues

Free 10 team 2 QB league been doing it since 1995, just fun to keep in touch with HS friends and bragging rights.

$50 12 team work league, high scoring, points for all kinds of things 300 points for the week is a good score. payout for regular season and playoffs. All teams make playoffs - fun causal league with co-workers.

$200 12 team dynasty league. 45 man rosters 18 starters each week, 9 offense and 9 defensive. Very in-depth league I co-own a team as there's lots to keep up on. IDP at all positions really makes things interesting. League is active year round. Draft is a combination of auction and round draft. Future draft picks can be traded. No playoffs and team with the most wins after week 17 takes home a large chunk of change, payouts for 2, 3 and 4th. A lot of fun, but we've had a few guys join that thought they were good at FF and got destroyed.

Advanced to my first SuperBowl thanks to Nick Foles putting up a clunker!!

Late to the party but...

I cut back to 10 leagues this year 2 are 10 team fun leagues, 8 are 12 team cash leagues

2) what's the buy in?
10 teamers are free, the 12 teamers range from $25 to $200 buy in. 3 of them also charge for waiver pickups and trades.

Yahoo, espn, myfantasyleague

Overall

All 3 are in the mix

Trades become difficult to get through on some of the cash leagues. Someone always thinks there's some sort of collusion going on. And some of the yardage bonuses they have set up in a couple of my leagues are unreasonable, and impossible to overcome if your opponent has a WR or RB that goes off.

Back