Best PGA Tour Story of 2017?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What was your favorite PGA Tour story or moment from this year?

Probably wouldn't of said this before the tournament, but Sergio winning The Masters to finally get a Major and in the process win over a lot of fans that he may not have had in previous years.

What a duel between him and Rosey

For me it was seeing Sergio finally win his major. Justin Thomas's breakout season was a close second.

Masters Playoff for sure. Nothing else is even memorable for me.
I know Spieth won The Open but that one just didn't resonate with me.

Probably Sergio and its a shame that Golf's grandest stage is at the very beginning of the season. Very NASCARish

Sergio winning The Masters. I wasn't a Sergio fan early in his career but found myself rooting for him the last couple years.

World #1 Dustin Johnson coming off three consecutive victories, hurts his back the night before the Masters and has to WD. It's not really an on the course story, but the best and hottest player in the world not being able to play in that first major was a big story to me.

Ton of love for Sergio but I have to go with the incredible season that Justin had. 5 wins, first major, fedex winner, etc...

To me the story that stands out to me the most and probably because I attended the Sunday finish was the rough at the US Open and some of the top players in the world (Rory, Dustin, Jason Day) all missing the cut.

The run that JT had in 2017!

I would say Speith winning the open. That was a hell of a final round.

Spieth winning The Open, and watching JT's amazing season, especially kicked off with back-to-back wins in Hawaii with a 59!

Tiger Woods making his return.

Somebody has to say Tiger at the Hero World Challenge right? :alien:

World #1 Dustin Johnson coming off three consecutive victories, hurts his back the night before the Masters and has to WD. It's not really an on the course story, but the best and hottest player in the world not being able to play in that first major was a big story to me.

This is it for me also. As dominate as he was as that point he was as close to a lock to win the Masters as you can get. It would have been pretty cool to see how different the Tour would have looked this year had DJ been healthy the whole year also.

The year that JT had was fun to follow.

This is it for me also. As dominate as he was as that point he was as close to a lock to win the Masters as you can get. It would have been pretty cool to see how different the Tour would have looked this year had DJ been healthy the whole year also.

Gotta be careful getting chased out of bedrooms by John Rahm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say Speith winning the open. That was a hell of a final round.

They had that replaying on the Golf Channel yesterday and got home from work to catch holes 13 - 18. What a 6 holes it was.

Sergio winning the Masters was the top story for me.

Probably Sergio winning the Masters with some amazing shots and (more impressive for Sergio) amazing composure down the stretch. But pretty close behind was Spieth's Open win & Thomas's first major.

And for me, watching Ryan Armour get his first win is up there with all these too. He went to my high school, so I've rooted for him for a long time. Super happy for him & he's an example for me to keep in mind - keep working & good things can happen (relatively) late in your golfing career.

JT's season for me- Watching him go low in Hawai'i to start and cap it off at the Fedex was pretty memorable.

Xander Shauffle’s emergence down the stretch run or Jordan Spieth icing the Kuchar in the Open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiger Woods having a successful return to the PGA Tour at the Hero. I get Sergio and JT were great stories, but as we saw a few weeks ago Tiger still dominates the discussion of PGA Tour golf.

Im going with Sergio finally getting a major

The most memorable moment for me was Spieth's 30 minute golf hole in the British Open. He lost, saved and won the tournament in a single hole, all while having the most creative use of rules I ever remember being used by a Tour Pro.

Back