Do you swing at or near 100%?

I try to have a smooth tempo. Probably not my 100% but it's as quick enough for what I want to do.

There are times when I try to go after it 100%, but that's not very often. I'm probably more in the 75-80% range for my normal swing (with every club).

If i am not swinging out of my shoes, I'm not trying.

I don't swing full on, I can't control it well enough. I'm an 80% guy

I see a pattern here... those of you with sub-10 indexes are swinging in a controlled manner. Hmmmm

I see a pattern here... those of you with sub-10 indexes are swinging in a controlled manner. Hmmmm

That's one of the things that takes a long time to learn but once you realize it you can do incredible things with a golf ball lol.

Lots one of the things that takes a long time to earn but once you realize it you can do incredible things with a golf ball lol.

Agree. It's kind of counter intuitive, which is what makes it so hard. But it's something that can have one of the biggest impacts on improvement.

I am going to go out tonight and focus on only swing 75-80% instead of going for a home run every time. This is so crazy, it just might work for me.

I've always only done a half (50%) to maybe 75% swing, therefore I have no idea what a 100% swing would be.
That being said, I do have a lot of control with all my shots. My misses are always pretty playable.

I swing hard, but never at 100%. I try to stay at 80%, but it isn't easy - especially with the driver.

Ive been swinging my driver at 100% and have been seeing some positive results. irons and woods I try to just be smooth and let the club head do the work.

you know that if you can get to 110%, your 100% isn't reall 100% right?

Remember the famous quote from Spinal Tap. I'm paraphrasing "Our band is loudest because our amp goes to 11"

When I am playing well 85% with good tempo. When I speed up and overswing, things go south quickly.

I rarely swing close to 100%. I just try and maintain a nice tempo to make solid contact. Every once in a while I'll go after it with the driver or FW wood, but never with irons.

I used to swing all out on almost every shot. I'm trying to dial it down :)
Now swinging at maybe 80%, I'm consistently pushing my shots right now. Might try changing the setup a bit as I do like this new rhythm, or cadence if you like. :)

I used to swing all out on almost every shot. I'm trying to dial it down :)
Now swinging at maybe 80%, I'm consistently pushing my shots right now. Might try changing the setup a bit as I do like this new rhythm, or cadence if you like. :)

make sure to release the clubhead and finish the swing.

I used to swing at ~95% - but that was before I pulled a groin muscle this Summer. Now I'm at ~85% max. It hasn't hurt my scores at all, and the ball is probably going just as far due to making better contact on the face of the club (and putting a senior shaft in my driver).

If I do it winds up being a snap hook or a push right. So I try to swing fast not hard. There is a difference. If I was guessing 85% speed works best for me.

Me - 90-95%
Kang - 150%

:angel:

My swing is nowhere near 100%. I rely on tempo almost exclusively. I prob swing at 80-85%. When I get better maybe I'll swing faster, not sure.

Last edited:
100 pct everytime. Except chipping and pitching.

I'm probably @ 75-80%. Two things helped me, lessons and getting frieking old!

I don't know what percentage I hit, maybe 85% or so, I do feel comfortable going all out most the time but I don't feel like I gain much in terms of overall distance. I get a higher trajectory and more spin so less roll out. It has its time and place but I feel much more comfortable easing off and giving myself less timing issues to deal with.

At the rang though I always make sure to hit some with each club at that 100% point which btw is as I hard as I can swing and stay balanced.

I have and I know it does me no good, in fact it hurts the hell out of my game. Right now I am scaling things back, taking an extra club when there is a question of distance and focusing on making good contact with both the upper and lower body in sync and I am striking the ball better. I don't think I am losing much in distance (and gaining some on certain clubs) but my ball striking consistency has improved.

Back