The Official Rory McIlroy Thread

Yes I know, my point was he made the announcement late Thursday and they reported in on the morning sportscenter. Just having a conversation like we were standing at the bubbler
oddly enough the post you quoted was from last Friday :alien:

Agree with complete blowout. Here is the one article I saw before about the injury and recovery

http://www.ankle-arthroscopy.co.uk/patients-site/torn-atfl

I don't remember seeing anything about whether he had surgery for this injury. If he didn't then I assume it wasn't ruptured although since the surgery would be arthroscopic maybe the recovery time is small in comparison to a ruptured achilles tendon for example, which is always season ending.

Quoting this way late but I'm laughing at it so thought it worthy.

I hope he factors this week, but I'll be shocked if he can be competitive after the time off.
Agreed. And to me, if he does compete and is in the mix late Sunday it tells us just how insanely good he really is.

Agreed. And to me, if he does compete and is in the mix late Sunday it tells us just how insanely good he really is.

That's the reality right there... And I'll gladly cheer it on because I LOVE watching guys dominate the field and/or a course.

Just a few quotes on this very topic
I don't remember seeing anything about whether he had surgery for this injury. If he didn't then I assume it wasn't ruptured although since the surgery would be arthroscopic maybe the recovery time is small in comparison to a ruptured achilles tendon for example, which is always season ending.

Yep, that's what I heard too. I can't imagine it would be physically possible to swing like that on a ruptured ankle, let alone work out like he does.

I believe it was a tendon and not the ankle. Reports I had seen when it happened said recovery was anywhere from 4-6 weeks but could be longer. Looks like that 5 week timeframe is where he is at

yea I guess that's true. I didn't realize it had already been a month since it happened. Who knows. I don't really care, I'd love to see a healthy Rory back. Last time people started to say he was falling out of #1 he came out and won 3 times in a couple weeks haha

Even if it was a tendon, the term rutrued was used in every report. That would be a complete blowout of the tendon and would need surgery. I am think it was more a serve strain or minor tear. That is why I kept saying it was a season ending injury. Doesn't seem so bad from the two videos I saw.

All the reports have said rupture. Some articles I saw didn't indicate whether he did or didn't have survey and one stated per some experts rehab vice surgery is recommended way to recover.

Of the 30 in the field this week. How many do you think that $10 mil is really life changing for? I'm going to set the over/under at 10 and take the under.

I think it makes sense in the context of his the whole presser. I mean the guy has more money than he knows what to do with it sounds like. At this point he wants to win and I get that.
Oh I agree. He was being honest. Which apparently, to many, is just worse that feigning humility

Of the 30 in the field this week. How many do you think that $10 mil is really life changing for? I'm going to set the over/under at 10 and take the under.

I'd take the under as well. The few guys only a couple years in it would do a lot for, but no one in the top 10 I wouldn't think.

But on the flip side, Rory has done quite well for himself in the last couple of years, more so than most out there.

Been a while since we've spoken about Rory but I've watched some of his rounds in the current tournament and he's going well but struggling to find that top gear. 3 rounds of 67 in a row and then level par after 12 holes in the fourth round just won't win tournaments. Man I hope he gets back to top form soon.

Didn't see any threads about yesterday but good win for Rory. Really hope he's on the top of his game next year.

Didn't see any threads about yesterday but good win for Rory. Really hope he's on the top of his game next year.

If he can keep putting like he did this weekend then he will win a bunch this year. Unfortunately he's extremely streaky. His ball striking and just everything else tee to green is so good

I watched a bunch of it and his iron play was just stupid good right through the bag. It was almost Tiger-esque in his prime.

I watched a bunch of it and his iron play was just stupid good right through the bag. It was almost Tiger-esque in his prime.
When Rory is on with his irons he's the only person I can think of in my life time that is anywhere near Tiger as far as iron play goes. The thing to two of them did/do so well is hit the ball so incredibly high with the long irons. It's scary and IMO when Rory is "on" with everything. Jordan, Day, Fowler, none of them really stand a chance.

When Rory is on with his irons he's the only person I can think of in my life time that is anywhere near Tiger as far as iron play goes. The thing to two of them did/do so well is hit the ball so incredibly high with the long irons. It's scary and IMO when Rory is "on" with everything. Jordan, Day, Fowler, none of them really stand a chance.

Agree completely. I think Day scoring wise is closest, but when Rory is 100% on he is scary good.

Agree completely. I think Day scoring wise is closest, but when Rory is 100% on he is scary good.
I dream of a time when they both have their A Game. Day was really good at the end of last season. But in my opinion, Day's A game is Rory's B+ Game

I dream of a time when they both have their A Game. Day was really good at the end of last season. But in my opinion, Day's A game is Rory's B+ Game

I think that's a pretty good way to put it, and I agree. That would be quite the tournament to watch that's for sure.

Jeebus -

Jeebus -

He's on a completely different level when he's "on" I truly believe if he's healthy and played like he did at the end of 14 everyone else is playing for second place.

He's on a completely different level when he's "on" I truly believe if he's healthy and played like he did at the end of 14 everyone else is playing for second place.
I honestly believe everybody else's A game is Rory's B+. That doesn't mean Rory always has the consistency as others. But when he's rolling, he's untouchable. Rory is streaky, but when he's on, he's the most fun to watch out there.

I honestly believe everybody else's A game is Rory's B+. That doesn't mean Rory always has the consistency as others. But when he's rolling, he's untouchable. Rory is streaky, but when he's on, he's the most fun to watch out there.
Completely agree dude. And that's where I think he's the closest to Tiger we'll see. Because Rory has the ability to win tournaments with his B game like Tiger did. And when he brings the A game, just forget it.

Back