Balls, balls and more balls

dustin8538

Reaction score
Handicap
Ughhhh
So I have amassed a large collection of golf balls over the years. I have an issue where when I find a ball at the course I pick it up and throw it in the bag etc.... Well I only play 2 certain balls, those being the TP5 or PV1x and those really do not come about too often. I tend not to lose too many balls so after each round of golf the ball I played that day gets tossed in the box with the other thousand plus balls.

So now i have easily over a thousand golf balls in boxes that I really do not know what to do with. I go through from time to time and sift out the good balls I would play. I really do not know what to do with them. Should I go through them, separate and sale them or find like a first tee org. and donate. I dont need a thousand shag / practice balls. We do not have a local first tee where I live. What would yall do with them

Advertise them on Craigslist for $5 - $8 a doz, depending on their condition. They will sell.

Used golf ball stores or vendors may buy them off you.

I like the First Tee donation option.

Second for the first Tee Option. Such an awesome program and I'm sure they would love to get their hands on that many golf balls.

I didn't know that First Tee took club donations until now - Might be time to clean out the "Herd"

Are the TP5X or ProV1X really shot after just one round?

Dave

Contact a local HS with a golf team and see if they would want or could use them.

Dump them all in a fairway of your choosing, hide in the bushes, and watch hilarity ensue.

May I make a suggestion?

First Tee or High School team(s) are a great option!

First tee may not take them. I know they don’t take club donations (you actually can donate the value of your used clubs though), but the school golf team idea is fantastic.

I really like the donation option. I will check with my local HS first and go for there. Thanks for the all good input fellas

You can send them all to me .... I have a "driving range" in my back yard. Well it's just woods but it gives the next door neighbor kid something to do. He retrieves the balls for me

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You can send them all to me .... I have a "driving range" in my back yard. Well it's just woods but it gives the next door neighbor kid something to do. He retrieves the balls for me

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

i like your style....:)

Go to your local golf range. They buy balls all the time. Selling them all at once will make it painless.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Another possibility could be your local club? Do they provide lessons etc for kids or beginners?

I took a load of balls to my club as they have a practice area where you can use them and they use them for lessons with the young kids and beginners who are just starting out

Another possibility could be your local club? Do they provide lessons etc for kids or beginners?

I took a load of balls to my club as they have a practice area where you can use them and they use them for lessons with the young kids and beginners who are just starting out

had not thought of that. thats a good idea as well. Right now they just have the standard range balls in the practice areas which are not ideal. I may give them a few

Back