The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was banking on Melvin Gordon being another bust out of Wisconsin, but after watching all of each of the first 2 Chargers games, I actually think he's a special talent.

He didn't get a lot of touches in game 1 (maybe none after the fumble), but he looked good with the ball in his hand, and had a great TD run called back.

He actually had a very good game last weekend.

30 carries for 146 yards thus far (4.6 YPC) with 2 injuries to starters on the O-line (including Fluker who's a great run blocker).

I 100% bought into 'don't draft an RB out of Wisconsin (or 'Bama for that matter). But, I feel confident in saying I don't know what I'm talking about bc watching Gordon play...you see a guy who is legit.

While we are on the topic, despite his horrible stats last game (but he had almost no touches) Ameer Abdulah for the Lions also looks like a really special player.

Isn't lacy from Alabama? I think he's doing "ok" so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie Lacy is a good back (although his durability as an NFL running back, with the style he has to play to be effective) is up in the air.

But, to clarify my comments, especially as they pertain to Melvin Gordon, I have been very leery of anyone expending a high pick (esp top half of the first round) on a RB period, but especially out of those 2 schools.

Their O-lines are dominant and can make an average guy look much better than they really are.

At the top half of the first round, you can't afford to make mistakes.
But, unless both your O-line and D-line are really solid (in which case you are highly unlikely to be drafting in the top half of the first anyways) I would always go O-line or D-line.

A good RB stuck behind a bad line is a waste of talent.

But it's interesting you bring up Lacy.

After 2 games Melvin Gordon is averaging 4.6 YPC. That is a higher YPC than Lacy had when he won the NFC offensive rookie of the year, and also tied with Lacy's best season thus far.

Again, Fluker is a HUGE part of the o-line and has missed 5-6 quarters of football, and Troutman, another starter has also missed significant time. Gordon is a young guy...they are trying to break him in slowly, and the coaching staff loves Woodhead.
But, the 1 fumble aside, I don't think there has been anything remotely disappointing about Gordon thus far (excluding the preseason).

Isn't lacy from Alabama? I think he's doing "ok" so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also, just to be clear, I was the one calling myself out on my flawed logic, bc Gordon has proved me wrong (at least in my eyes).

So are we going to see RG3 next week? Cousins looked awful.

So are we going to see RG3 next week? Cousins looked awful.
oh god no!! Cousins may not have looked good. But Griffin has no idea what's he's doing back there. The Redskins went into last night leading the league in rushing. They got nothing going on the ground last night, so it made it even tough to pass. And give credit to Prince Amukara, he not on,y had the interception. He pretty much blanketed The entire recieving corp until the skins got some late 4th quarter garbage time yardage.

If Washington can't run, they wil struggle trying to have any of their QB's throw 40 plus times a game. They had two OL men get hurt last night. Thst doesn't bode well for the run. Fortunately they play The Eagles next week :D

oh god no!! Cousins may not have looked good. But Griffin has no idea what's he's doing back there. The Redskins went into last night leading the league in rushing. They got nothing going on the ground last night, so it made it even tough to pass. And give credit to Prince Amukara, he not on,y had the interception. He pretty much blanketed The entire recieving corp until the skins got some late 4th quarter garbage time yardage.

If Washington can't run, they wil struggle trying to have any of their QB's throw 40 plus times a game. They had two OL men get hurt last night. Thst doesn't bode well for the run. Fortunately they play The Eagles next week :D

Well, they likely won't be able to run unless Cousins can demonstrate he can beat you when you stuff the box. IMHO, he failed to do that last night.

A win is a win. At least all of the nonsense will stop for a week.

I saw a hilarious headline a few days ago, '' so and so says bucs not looking past the 0-2 Texans this week '' since win can the Bucs overlook ANYONE. You beat one bad team, that's it. They still got trounced by a so so at best team in week 1.

I saw a hilarious headline a few days ago, '' so and so says bucs not looking past the 0-2 Texans this week '' since win can the Bucs overlook ANYONE. You beat one bad team, that's it. They still got trounced by a so so at best team in week 1.

haha, that's like one of my friends on FB telling me that this week was a "trap" game for the Jets against the Eagles...I'm like, I'm as big of a Jet's fan as there is, but let's not get too carried away after two wins. There's no such thing as a trap game when you're coming off a 4-12 season.

The one thing that gives me hope that the Cowboys can hold on for 7 more weeks is the teams that are playing in the NFC East. My Lord. 7-9 just might win the division. I was holding out a little hope that maybe the skins were decent. Not so much. Eagles quite possibly could be 0-3 after Sunday.

Take your time Dez/Romo, take your time.

The one thing that gives me hope that the Cowboys can hold on for 7 more weeks is the teams that are playing in the NFC East. My Lord. 7-9 just might win the division. I was holding out a little hope that maybe the skins were decent. Not so much. Eagles quite possibly could be 0-3 after Sunday.

Take your time Dez/Romo, take your time.

they should be able to tread water over the next 7 games. I mean the schedule isn't brutal. Falcons, Saints, Patriots, Giants, Seahawks, Eagles, Bucs.

This is awesome. Good job by Cam Newton:

they should be able to tread water over the next 7 games. I mean the schedule isn't brutal. Falcons, Saints, Patriots, Giants, Seahawks, Eagles, Bucs.
Possibly 2 wins in there

I'll give you the Bucs and Saints but outside of that it looks pretty brutal. I

Tough choice this week: which defense to start - Seattle or Carolina? Both coyly yield high points against those offenses...

Tough choice this week: which defense to start - Seattle or Carolina? Both coyly yield high points against those offenses...

With Kam Chancellor back, Seattle all day lMO. Also, Jay Cutler is out for Chicago.

With Kam Chancellor back, Seattle all day lMO. Also, Jay Cutler is out for Chicago.

That's my first instinct, but Luke McCown is horrible and the saints have no weapons on offense. Chicago may just run all day. Either would be a good play.

Seattle. You are carrying 2 D's?

Run like that, doesn't matter who the quarterback is. #gocowboys

Hello Randle, hell of a start!!

Cowboys D off to a great start. Love it.

Eagles look like a completely different team already this week. Jets D stiffens in the red zone though.

Hehe

So Randle is having himself a game. Stupid Falcons Defense.

This is too easy. Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back