Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decide if I want to keep my fg tour 56 or find a new wedge to go with my xr pros that are coming in Tuesday.

MD3s ftw. I made this switch and am happy I did

Odyssey #1 wide ,the ponder is strong with this one

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Made the switch from FG Tour TC's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep. The md3s are feel softer. Might be a swing thing but I don't seem to dig as much with the md3s either. For me the nest wedges I have played in awhile.

After hitting it out of a few bunkers, a 58 degree PM grind wedge.

And maybe some Srixon 355 irons.

yep. The md3s are feel softer. Might be a swing thing but I don't seem to dig as much with the md3s either. For me the nest wedges I have played in awhile.
What grind did you go with coming from the FG Tours? The Wilson has been money around the greens but I've struggled with full swing shots.

Titleist 716 something

What grind did you go with coming from the FG Tours? The Wilson has been money around the greens but I've struggled with full swing shots.

I was about to ask the same question!

I was about to ask the same question!

I went s grind in 50*, w in 54 thanks to OITW recommendation and PM grind in 58.

I hear good things about w grind in 58 and 60

I did the wedge selector on callaway site and they recommended s grind in 54 but talking with OITW and reading some other comments I went against that and did w.

Have only a few swings with 54 on grass but no issues so far. Haven't had chance to test in bunker yet but I think it will be an easier option over fg tour

I went s grind in 50*, w in 54 thanks to OITW recommendation and PM grind in 58.

I hear good things about w grind in 58 and 60

I did the wedge selector on callaway site and they recommended s grind in 54 but talking with OITW and reading some other comments I went against that and did w.

Have only a few swings with 54 on grass but no issues so far. Haven't had chance to test in bunker yet but I think it will be an easier option over fg tour

Love my 60w and my dad loves his 56w. Callaway Wedge Selector didn't recommend the W grinds but after the Gauntlet and reading all that, I knew a W Grind would be perfect for me

I've been hitting the hybrids so well lately that I'm shockingly pondering replacing my 5 iron with a hybrid. Especially with seeing how easily I can flight this 23* I just picked up. I'd want to pick up a 5 wood to replace the current 3 hybrid though.

ponder ponder...

Would think about going 3 wood, 5 wood, 4 hybrid, 5 hybrid.

BLASPHEMY!!!

CS won't be an option come December I would bet, so I figure its best to start acclimating now.

Same here. Ap2 have been on the mind but the ap1 and CB have crept in recently

Yup. And MB and TMB

I just realized I'm within my 90 days playability guarantee at the PGA superstore. That means I can return both of my FG Tour TC wedges and pick up another wedge. I think I have it narrowed down to the MD3 56° W-Grind or the Rotex 2.0 CB 56°

Spent lunch hitting 3 drivers on a Gc2 launch monitor. I have been working with my instructor on keeping my hands tighter to the body through the downswing, so my swing speed has gotten back up into the 110mph range.

Srixon z545 KK Black
GBB w/ KK Tini and Rogue
M1 w/ Fuji Pro

Did not like the feel or performance of the GBB with the Tini, so uses the Rogue for my testing.

Hit 3 balls with each driver and then rotated. Hit about 15 balls with each driver total. All driver heads were 10.5, and all weights were set to neutral

GBB Avg Carry = 268.4
GBB Long = 275

z545 Avg Carry = 273.1
z545 Long = 283

M1 Avg Carry = 279.8
M1 Long = 288

Officially Pondering an M1 with Fujo Pro 60, 10.5* head. I need to find somewhere to sell a kidney.

So working on my fairway wood to hybrid gapping and here is what I am looking at.

16* DBD FW wood
Then Heaven Wood
Then Apex 4 & 5 Hybrid

Thoughts on gapping?

So working on my fairway wood to hybrid gapping and here is what I am looking at.

16* DBD FW wood
Then Heaven Wood
Then Apex 4 & 5 Hybrid

Thoughts on gapping?
I like that set up Josh. Seems pretty solid.

I like that set up Josh. Seems pretty solid.

My only fear is Heavenwood to 4 hybrid. Is it too much gap?
I have never been a big believer in needing close gaps that low in the bag, but its definitely something I need to take a look at for the rest of this year and 2016.
My other option is skipping the 3 wood and going to Heavenwood playing strong. Then 3 and 5 hybrid.
Skipping the 4 altogether knowing I can power up or take something off another club.

Not sure where all of these thoughts came from, but definitely interesting.

My only fear is Heavenwood to 4 hybrid. Is it too much gap?
I have never been a big believer in needing close gaps that low in the bag, but its definitely something I need to take a look at for the rest of this year and 2016.
My other option is skipping the 3 wood and going to Heavenwood playing strong. Then 3 and 5 hybrid.
Skipping the 4 altogether knowing I can power up or take something off another club.

Not sure where all of these thoughts came from, but definitely interesting.

In one of my setups (the one I find myself playing most often), I play HW to 4h. I've never had an issue with gaps there in terms of not reaching a long par 3 or something.

16* DBD FW wood
Then Heaven Wood
Then Apex 4 & 5 Hybrid

Thoughts on gapping?

Like the DBD 16* better than a GBB in that spot? Thats my big conundrum right now, def leaning GBB or Mini there in December, but the 816 FW has me curious.

16* DBD FW wood
Then Heaven Wood
Then Apex 4 & 5 Hybrid

Thoughts on gapping?

I played that type of setup pretty much all year. For me, it worked well and it's something I'm actually looking hard at for December. Although I might not have that 816 3 wood, might either go with GBB or Mini driver. Just not sure yet. I think with the heavenwood I really don't need another FW unless I'm looking for something off the tee.

I played that type of setup pretty much all year. For me, it worked well and it's something I'm actually looking hard at for December. Although I might not have that 816 3 wood, might either go with GBB or Mini driver. Just not sure yet. I think with the heavenwood I really don't need another FW unless I'm looking for something off the tee.

Want me to send you my Mini 1.5 to tinker with?

I would think you could choke down on the heavenwood an inch or two and take a few yards off of it. If you get in that big of a gap between it and the Apex 4H?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back