? about lowering loft on SLDR driver

heftylefty

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a 12 degree loft SLDR 430...If I lower my loft to 10 degrees, that will also open my club face by 2 degrees ? I figure that will make a block fade even more special..lol

You guys have any experience with this situation ??

Yes, as you lower the loft it opens the face on the SLDR. I'm not sure about the amount though. I play mine @ 10* but it is a 9.5 head, so I play mine in a slightly closed configuration.

I have a 12 degree loft SLDR 430...If I lower my loft to 10 degrees, that will also open my club face by 2 degrees ? I figure that will make a block fade even more special..lol

You guys have any experience with this situation ??

IIRC, it opens the face relative to its neutral stock configuration. After the change when you address the ball you should square the face and this will then cause the loft of the face to be lowered to 10*.

IIRC, it opens the face relative to its neutral stock configuration. After the change when you address the ball you should square the face and this will then cause the loft of the face to be lowered to 10*.
....So when I square the face it will be at the 10 degrees loft...and the 2 degrees of the face being open is nullified ?

....So when I square the face it will be at the 10 degrees loft...and the 2 degrees of the face being open is nullified ?
Yes and no. If you adjust it to 10* and square the face open will be nullified, but in essence you are shutting the face down and causing the loft to be less than 10*, not to mention hard to replicate consistently. Why not just get a dirt cheap 10* head?

Tpluff is right because all of the settings assume you ground the club the same each time.

Yes and no. If you adjust it to 10* and square the face open will be nullified, but in essence you are shutting the face down and causing the loft to be less than 10*, not to mention hard to replicate consistently. Why not just get a dirt cheap 10* head?

Yea there would be alot of guessing going on the tee...Think I will look on ebay for a 10* head

Back