Callaway Apex Pro 16 Irons Review Thread

It was posted in the Apex CF16 but all Steel shafts and select graphite shafts are available at no upcharge.
Hoping I can get some AMT action in these.

Not a huge fan of the finish - I prefer the satin finish they had previously....but then again to each their own - will be excited to hear how these perform!

Hoping I can get some AMT action in these.
I have heard, and this is indeed second hand, but AMT may be exclusive to Titleist for now. Of course, I've been wrong once before.

Very interested to hit these when they get them in to the Annika Academy, could be a change for the fall

I have heard, and this is indeed second hand, but AMT may be exclusive to Titleist for now. Of course, I've been wrong once before.
That would be a pretty major swing and miss for DG if it's the case.

I had never heard of such a thing either, and don't understand it, but stranger things have happened. From everything I've seen about those shafts, I'd want to get them in as many hands as possible.

The old Apex line seems two generations AHEAD of this release in the looks department.

Extremely underwhelming and rather surprising, Callaway has been doing rather nicely (looks/performance) off late.

Guess the first Apexes really were the Apex of good looks

The old Apex line seems two generations AHEAD of this release in the looks department.

Extremely underwhelming and rather surprising, Callaway has been doing rather nicely (looks/performance) off late.

Guess the first Apexes really were the Apex of good looks
i think if these had the matte finish look to them that would change the minds of a few. And honestly, the chrome is an upgrade to the pros as far as many are concerned. One of the very few knocks ive heard on the old apex pro's is how poor the finish held up compared to the regular apex. For whatever reason they showed a ton of bag chatter and the wear was almost scratchy

In person these look amazing. Yes the cavity of the club doesn't have appeal to everyone but that all changed when you put the club down and look at the club at address.
YES!! When I see THIS ...
IMG_9856-L.jpg

I know what I like :thumb: I don't really care how they look in the bag as long as they look like this at address!

Another thing that intrigues me is using different CG weighting for long, middle and short irons to get the desired higher, mid and lower trajectories. I always liked the X-Forged look but they were definitely a bit too demanding. The Apex Pro was just a little too bigger/bulkier than ideal for me, so I'll be looking to give these a wack for sure.

When I see the chrome finish, I can't help but surmise that these are the Apex irons that gets Phil to switch from the X Forged. That is not based on anything but conjecture, but I would love to see Phil in the new release, and I'm sure Callaway would love that as well!

I owned a set of the Apex Pro and the finish on them was extremely disappointing. I really love the look of these new apex pros. Outstanding and traditional. I will have to wait and see the performance of these and see if they will kick the xr pros from the bag.

The more I compare these to the psi's the more I think they look really similar. And it's not a bad thing at all as both sets look great to me.

Wow! These irons look right down my alley for appearance. Going to give these a hit once they hit the shelves.

YES!! When I see THIS ...
IMG_9856-L.jpg

I know what I like :thumb: I don't really care how they look in the bag as long as they look like this at address!

Another thing that intrigues me is using different CG weighting for long, middle and short irons to get the desired higher, mid and lower trajectories. I always liked the X-Forged look but they were definitely a bit too demanding. The Apex Pro was just a little too bigger/bulkier than ideal for me, so I'll be looking to give these a wack for sure.

Testing the different irons in the pros, you can see (as well as feel) the different ball flights based on weighting and balance in the club heads. It truly goes to show why lofts are adjusted and how much tuning is done to modern irons to get launch where golfers want it.

Though I had read the AMT was developed by DG with the help of Titleist and for their part they get initial/only access to the shaft for a short time.

Man I wish these had the satin finish of the apex cf... I love the look of these at address but really don't care for the chrome...

Was planning on upgrading my Xhot Pros with either the XR pros or now maybe these. Will have to try them but they look amazing.

These look pretty awesome IMO. With the cup face tech, they might find a slot in my bag.

These look pretty awesome IMO. With the cup face tech, they might find a slot in my bag.

Only the new apex has cup face tech in them. These, not so much.

These will be hitting the range this weekend with more feedback coming.

Nice! Obviously I'm insanely curious about these.

I hope feedback is terrible!! I DO NOT need new irons!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morgan Pressel posted this pic on FB

48e227869bea16c4d4d609fb3e3cdb74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back