digusting etiquette or habits on the course

so we now have people spitting everything everywhere and have others who lick their balls after they pick up everyone elses spit. I dont know if this is golf or a sick orgy. We also have chewed sunflower seeds, cigarette butts, cigar ashes, body odors, chemicals, snot blowing air hanky's, goose crap, wild turkey dump, uncontrollable sneezing, passing gas, spit shining of irons, pants crapping kids, etc, etc.....and to think I was concerned if I looked a little funny to hang a small towel out of my rear pocket as mentioned in the other thread.

Now im not even sure I want to golf anymore. But I know one thing for certain from all of this. I am never going to swim in a hotel/resort pool ever again even if its loaded with chlorine. I actually need a shower just from writing this stuff. I think I'll use brillo and ammonia to wash with.

so we now have people spitting everything everywhere and have others who lick their balls after they pick up everyone elses spit. I dont know if this is golf or a sick orgy. We also have chewed sunflower seeds, cigarette butts, cigar ashes, body odors, chemicals, snot blowing air hanky's, goose crap, wild turkey dump, uncontrollable sneezing, passing gas, spit shining of irons, pants crapping kids, etc, etc.....and to think I was concerned if I looked a little funny to hang a small towel out of my rear pocket as mentioned in the other thread.

Now im not even sure I want to golf anymore.

I've spend a fair amount of time in locker rooms. This actually doesn't sound that bad in comparison. :alien:

On the etiquette side - story tellers...

I love a good story as much as anyone else, but if it's your turn, focus and swing at your ball.

I've spend a fair amount of time in locker rooms. This actually doesn't sound that bad in comparison. :alien:

ooh the things I've seen parents allow (or not prevent) their kids from doing and touching in filthy bathrooms and changing rooms. Now I have to go shower again.

On the etiquette side - story tellers...

I love a good story as much as anyone else, but if it's your turn, focus and swing at your ball.

sure, right after the club is spit shined and the ball is licked.

A different kind of disgusting, but here's what happened yesterday:

My buddy and I get paired up with 2 singles. Seem friendly enough.

First hole, everything seems fine.

Get to the green, and while the one single guy is lining up his putt (in a very reasonable amount of time) the other single says 'f*%#ing Asians, why do they all take so long to line up their putts."

He had spent maybe 30-45 seconds lining up his putt, and the 2-some ahead of us were waiting to tee off anyways, so we had nowhere to go.

I didn't say anything. I just stared at him and gave him a 'you're a di#* stare. But, I should have actually told him that.

The ironic part was that the guy the comment was made about was about the nicest, happiest guy I've ever met on the course.

Dudes hitting on the cart girls.

Always makes things so awkward.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

A different kind of disgusting, but here's what happened yesterday:

My buddy and I get paired up with 2 singles. Seem friendly enough.

First hole, everything seems fine.

Get to the green, and while the one single guy is lining up his putt (in a very reasonable amount of time) the other single says 'f*%#ing Asians, why do they all take so long to line up their putts."

He had spent maybe 30-45 seconds lining up his putt, and the 2-some ahead of us were waiting to tee off anyways, so we had nowhere to go.

I didn't say anything. I just stared at him and gave him a 'you're a di#* stare. But, I should have actually told him that.

The ironic part was that the guy the comment was made about was about the nicest, happiest guy I've ever met on the course.
Wow....

He could have at least said at least you're probably good at math too.

But seriously that's pretty ridiculous to say something like that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Humans are such disgusting creatures, aren't they?

Spitting dip tobacco onto the course. I think smoking in general is just a nasty habit.
Wiping your sweaty head with your right hand then expecting to shake hands afterwards.

There are a few others but these stick out to me.

Spitting dip tobacco onto the course. I think smoking in general is just a nasty habit.
Wiping your sweaty head with your right hand then expecting to shake hands afterwards.

There are a few others but these stick out to me.

hahaha that happens so much on tour, I laugh.

On course, I switch to a fist bump at best. So gross!!!

After growing up in hockey locker rooms, anything I've seen on the course seems sort of tame.

I guess it also explains why I feel spitting on my ball or club and wiping it with my towel is no big deal...

As for the cigarettes, I make smokers in my group throw butts in the trash. Leave the course better than you left it.

Back