are you a towel hanging out the back pocket guy? I admit I am

I am quite the gentleman with good etiquette practices and also always in the proper golf attire. No I dodnt take offense to your post so don't worry. But I even try to match color if I can. But I view this sort of the same way I view the glove hanging out the rear pocket. I view it as a tool of the trade and is how I use it. I might be a bit OCD with the need to wipe my bare hands fingers before grabbing the club and also afterwards but none the less its imo a tool.

Haha, mine match too! I've always carried one and like you I view it as tool of the trade. I'm right there with you on the OCD thing, too!

Nope, that's what my shorts/pants are for. I do have a question: how big is the towel? Is it more of a small hand towel, or some big thing that hangs down like a butt cape?

Nope, that's what my shorts/pants are for. I do have a question: how big is the towel? Is it more of a small hand towel, or some big thing that hangs down like a butt cape?

The Club Glove one I have is a pocket towel that is 8"x12"

Nope. One manky towel hanging on my bag, that's it.
Hahahaha!! An old friend of mine from England introduced me to the word "manky", I've been saying it for years, and people get a quizzical look on their faces when they hear it. My wife uses it regularly as well.

I frequently get paired with a guy who keeps a towel hanging from his back pocket. Looks like he works at a car wash.

Also... I literally LOL'd at 'butt cape'!

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

I keep a 12x12 towel something like this in my pocket. It doesn't hang out, it's tucked in a jacket pocket and when it gets warm in my front pocket. Plus a towel hanging off my bag for clubs and a towel in my bag for me. The one in my pocket is useful at the green, etc plus if you find a lost ball in a place to see it, it is good to leave the yellow towel there as a marker. It has a scouring mesh on one side.

61yKf0BTHnL._SL1500_.jpg

Absolutely not.

No not me. I keep mine on my bag and one on my cart.

so I must wonder, how many of you (and perhaps through habit don't even realize) end up giving your hand/fingers a swipe on the pants/shots leg before every shot? I mean even pressing the tee and teeing the ball imo often leaves a need to wipe the fingers a tad before gripping the club. Imo the leg of your shorts is not for that nor should it be.

I don't think I've ever, in 40 years, wiped my hand on my pants for any such reason. In the rare occasion on a hot day when I need to wipe my hands before a swing, I'm not usually that far from my bag, where my towel is hanging. I certainly don't get my hand dirty or sweaty teeing up my ball. Not sure how that would even happen unless I fell over.

I don't think I've ever, in 40 years, wiped my hand on my pants for any such reason. In the rare occasion on a hot day when I need to wipe my hands before a swing, I'm not usually that far from my bag, where my towel is hanging. I certainly don't get my hand dirty or sweaty teeing up my ball. Not sure how that would even happen unless I fell over.

Could be anything from sinking the tee to handling the ball to sweat on a warm day to handling a water bottle or just about any reason. I am a bit of a nut about it. I may even wipe my hand/fingers after I take my practice swing. Reach around, give the fingers a wipe and regrip...lol
I did say I was a bit nutzycookoo with it. But fwiw I do see a lot of people often enough wipe with their shorts. I don't even think many realize they eve do it. I use to often be at address and just felt like I needed to wipe my fingers and so I eventually just put the towel to hang and been doing it since. just one those things.

I cut up a club glove golf towel into 8 small towels and put one of those in my back pocket. It's mainly there to wipe my brow when sweating.

On another note I am known to carry a "sweat towel" almost everywhere I go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. That sounds distracting.

Nope no towel in my pocket the one on the bag is enough for me

I cut up a club glove golf towel into 8 small towels and put one of those in my back pocket. It's mainly there to wipe my brow when sweating.

On another note I am known to carry a "sweat towel" almost everywhere I go.

I can vouch for this statement. Although I was sweating in Orlando in September too. #armpit of florida

I can vouch for this statement. Although I was sweating in Orlando in September too. #armpit of florida

I was waiting for you to vouch for it.

In Orlando now golfing. So much cooler.
24f50b29682867d50f13bffb99174671.jpg

No. But I have about 6 towels hanging off my Clicgear rig.

I have a Titleist and Nike towel on my bag. I also have a large Nike towel that I use when it's hot to wipe my head !

I was waiting for you to vouch for it.

In Orlando now golfing. So much cooler.
24f50b29682867d50f13bffb99174671.jpg

Good to know at some point it's comfortable golf weather there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually just use the towel on my golf bag. I rarely bring one with me to the green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think it kind of funny how some people answer this topic in such a way (not in exact words) but as to almost imply what a disgrace it is for one to do this. I have to be honest....I do feel a tad out of place about it and is why I do make an effort to mostly use a dark towel (unless I forget one) and/or make it as least noticeable as possible. But on the other hand as I've mentioned I do feel (at least for me) its a tool of the trade just like a glove or a hat for shade or a marker and divot tool hanging on ones hat or whatever else one choses to do or use.

I do think it kind of funny how some people answer this topic in such a way (not in exact words) but as to almost imply what a disgrace it is for one to do this. I have to be honest....I do feel a tad out of place about it and is why I do make an effort to mostly use a dark towel (unless I forget one) and/or make it as least noticeable as possible. But on the other hand as I've mentioned I do feel (at least for me) its a tool of the trade just like a glove or a hat for shade or a marker and divot tool hanging on ones hat or whatever else one choses to do or use.
Do what you do. Don't worry about what others think.

Also from listening to the way you describe you use it. It sounds like it's almost part of your pre shot routine, which comforts you. Nothing wrong with thst.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I have not ever hung a towel on my person. I use pretty big towels to clean the balls and clubs. It gets tossed on the green when not in use.

I don't think anyone called you out for the towel and so what if they do. Sport what ever you want and if peeps want to look down, that's on them. At least you color coordinate and done use the towels that hang from ball washers, green and white checkered. You rock your towel and I'll rock my high tops.

I've played rounds with a full length towel attached to my belt. Mainly for wet and muddy rounds. Otherwise I usually just have a small Frogger towel attached to a belt loop, for cleaning my ball when I am on the greens.

Ball washers can be few and far between here, so a damp towel can be handy on a lot of holes.

Back