Changing Bags - How Often

I haven't changed mine since the THP XTT stand bag showed up at my door. I'm just looking for something I can carry when I want to that has usable pockets and it fits the bill perfectly.

I used the same Ogio Kingpin bag for about 3 years. In the past year I am on my 3rd bag now. Went from the Ogio to a Sun Mountain cart bag (Hated the 14 dividers on both of them) then to a Scratch Golf staff bag (way too big to fit on the cart), and now I have a Royal Collection stand bag coming in tomorrow. Hoping that once I get the stand bag it will promote me to walk more so I can get back in shape. I change my bag much less often than clubs. To put in to perspective, I have not played the same set of irons for more than 2 rounds this season. Hoping my new set will be my end all... for now at least. Lol.

My wife bought me a my Ping Hoofer in 2006. I have never even thought of replacing it.. It actually still looks great. That being said I only started playing 40ish rounds a year in 2010. I have only played two sets of irons since I got that bag. Ping i3blades and in winter of 10 I bought MP 53's that I play now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife bought me a my Ping Hoofer in 2006. I have never even thought of replacing it.. It actually still looks great. That being said I only started playing 40ish rounds a year in 2010. I have only played two sets of irons since I got that bag. Ping i3blades and in winter of 10 I bought MP 53's that I play now.

I'm sure you'll have a beaut after December

I usually only use a stand bag, convenient for the trunk and also if I want to walk. I had my last Taylormade bag for 4 years and I'm on year 2 with my Adidas stand bag.

5 yrs. on my bagboy probably get another 5 then replace with another bagboy ....haha

I'm tough on bags, not from a treatment or # or rounds standpoint, but rather very critical of them. I'm always looking for that one bag that I'll be happy with for an extended period. So far, I haven't come across the right one, so annual (or more frequent) switches appear likely to continue.

Every couple years usually. I haven't been very pleased with many lately but got a new one coming this week

I am in the process of trying to find my next bag. I say change with it doesnt work, any part!!

I don't usually change bags that often, but I just bought my 2nd bag in as many years. Hopefully this one will last me a while.

I have 7, so I rotate using my golf bags, sometimes this one, next week that one, whatever I like to change.

The only time I get a new bag, is when the current one implodes

I have a great Callaway bag that I use for riding and my push cart. It's heavy with everything in so I'd never use it for anything else. For the range I use a Wellzher T.E. V2 Sunday bag. It's actually sturdy enough to be used as a cart bag and since I only play with 10-11 clubs I could fit everything in, but the Callaway bag has more room for other things. Great for the range.

Aside from putting my clubs in the ol' staff bag for special occasions (I'll bust it out next month for the Spouse's Club Scramble), I won't change from my stand bag until it starts falling apart. I think I got about 7 years from my old one, and hopefully will get comparable time from my current bag.

My current bag is a year old and still looks pretty new. I expect to keep it for another year at least.

Change my bag more often then clubs, but I have 16 year old clubs ;)

I've bought at least one new bag a year. Most recently the Clicgear B3 and the Titleist StaDry. The former being a big let down, discoloration and zippers breaking down, raincover is bad: wouldn't recommend it. The Titleist is awesome :)

Don't change my bag that often, but I do like my bag to match at least some of my clubs. I currently have a TM bag and have just ditched my last TM clubs, so I'm thinking I may have to change.

As long as the zippers still work I keep it. The only exception was this past year when I replaced a three 5 with a four 5 because I wanted 14 way dividers.

I change bags when the one I'm using is busted already. I usually buy the ugliest, cheapest bag I can find, for easy identification in bag drops and airports and to turn off opportunists who may be interested in my sticks.

Last edited:
I've only been playing for two years now, but both my cart bag as my carry bag have been replaced after a year and a half.

I add/rotate bags almost as frequently as I change clubs. My #THPLegacy Nexus bag will stick around for a long time, though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought my Callaway Warbird stand bag in 2007 and don't see any need to replace it yet. I've never understood the need to constantly change equipment.

I have had 5 bags in the last 2 years. I like to change colors and themes for the look. My wife says that golfers are like woman with there handbags. Pretty true!

I think I've bought two bags since I started playing in 2011, plus I received two bags through THP, one of which I gamed for a long period of time. It is time for a new one for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back