HarryArnettCG

Reaction score
Handicap
Another flash Q&A! 30 mins, no holds barred, any questions you guys have about Callaway. Go!
It's 10:40am Pacific!

Why did Callaway stick with the Big Bertha name when so many companies have moved away from "old" club names?

Another flash Q&A! 30 mins, no holds barred, any questions you guys have about Callaway. Go!
It's 10:40am Pacific!

Harry. Hello.

Tell me about what drives your group in terms of sound, especially in the fairways. I noticed the Alpha sounds a bit different than previous models. I'm a big fan of the sound, but wondering just how much conversation surrounds sound, or whether it's just the sum of all parts and is what it is?

Why did Callaway stick with the Big Bertha name when so many companies have moved away from "old" club names?

We had that one on ice for several years before bringing it back with modern, new technology. We liked that play. You see the same now with other companies.

Will Truvis be a Chrome Soft exclusive feature or will you be expanding it to the other golf balls?

Any additional truvis colors coming out?

The matte finish on woods are getting darker from the original x hot release.

Any motivation to bring it back to a more neutral look (based on marketplace)?

Harry. Hello.

Tell me about what drives your group in terms of sound, especially in the fairways. I noticed the Alpha sounds a bit different than previous models. I'm a big fan of the sound, but wondering just how much conversation surrounds sound, or whether it's just the sum of all parts and is what it is?

R&D definitely has a range they are trying to stay within with respect to sound. You may have varying degrees of within that range, but all will fall inside of it to be "acceptable."

Having the PM grind being quite the success, any idea on Phils reaction to having amateurs playing a wedge that he helped design? Like it? LOVE it?

Will Truvis be a Chrome Soft exclusive feature or will you be expanding it to the other golf balls?

For now, just Chrome Soft.

Harry, tell me a little bit about the Toe Up Putters. When will we see them in stores? Any feedback on them yet? Saw a little at the PGA Show but not much since.

Will Boeing continue to have a presence post XR16?

How strenuous were the contract negotiations to get Callaway Live renewed for season 2? Also has Velardo stopped walking around pretending like he owns the place? After all he is #TheStripeShow and #TheGrandaddyMVP

Having the PM grind being quite the success, any idea on Phils reaction to having amateurs playing a wedge that he helped design? Like it? LOVE it?

he loves it. That was the goal from the beginning for this one--a design that would really help golfers of all types.

Is there another hybrid in the pipeline with an adjustable hosel now that I don't see the Big Bertha Alpha 815 listed as a current club on the Callaway homepage?

Any additional truvis colors coming out?

Yessir! But we haven't officially announced what's next. But there are definitely additional colors coming.

he loves it. That was the goal from the beginning for this one--a design that would really help golfers of all types.
That's awesome. Love seeing a Tour Pro, especially one of Phil's status, design a club that helps golfers of all types.

Thanks Harry!

We know callaway has had success with drivers as of late. How have their respective fairway woods and hybris done?

Any thoughts on having driver heads available in gloss black outside of uDesign?

Visor, Hat or no headwear besides glasses?

Sub Zero XR 16. Retail or not?

Will the Apex MB irons be updated?

We had that one on ice for several years before bringing it back with modern, new technology. We liked that play. You see the same now with other companies.

I'm thrilled you did. I have so many fond memories of the name and brand.

Thank you for the answer.

Why did you never go to the 2 driver setup?

The matte finish on woods are getting darker from the original x hot release.

Any motivation to bring it back to a more neutral look (based on marketplace)?

I think we try to change it year to year so there is differentiation. You could definitely see it return to a tone like the XHot, for example.

Back