The very very very large family

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only people that it really bother is though that need to have the latest and greatest.

Take cars for instance. What if FORD only offers the Taurus. How much of the market share would they have with one model? And it's been there number one selling at for a while if I recall correctly. However if they were only producing one car...would they be able to provide a vehicle to a wide range of customers?
YES! Thank you.

I agree 100% with what you are saying.

And to add to it, QUALIFIED sales staff that can help a consumer decide what is best is where it shines. I cant even count how many different models of bikes I sell, that doesnt bother me, because I know that my QUALIFIED sales staff will talk to the random consumer that walks in looking for a bike, figure out their needs and fit them to what is appropriate for them.

It's not an Golf Company problem, it' a lack of informing the consumer at the point of sale problem, IMO.

I was waiting for this. You started a thread that most don't agree with. They are offering their opinion, which most agree with. No lifers in this thread just people that don't agree

U were waiting for it? Help me out with that one?

So it's bad to discuss? Or give opinions? I guess it is if your not a THP lifer of sorts. Even though that is what is preached. Just saying. I have an opinion let me have it. In this whole damn thread I never once said that another's opinion wasn't their own, or they couldn't spend their $$$ how they wanted. Just said I think there's too much product out there. Lol.

When people say that, the gear honks come out and slam the door shut. It's an opinion....

You're entitled to your opinion. And others are entitled theirs. But the lifer comment was totally Bullsh!t and not necessary.

You can't just discuss it. You get defensive because I have an opinion you disagree with. I don't get it man. Your opinion is the only one that Maters? I know that's not THPs mantra...not one I abide by

You quoted me regarding my opinion on money spending haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I understand your view, dude. I honestly do.

Some people get butt hurt either way, regardless of the discussion.

I like options, I think they are great for the INFORMED consumer. I also think Golf Retailers need a better job of having an informed sales staff focused on getting the right equipment to the right golfer, instead of just toting the sales line of "SWAT" Sell Whats Available Today.

Agreed!

U were waiting for it? Help me out with that one?

Dude I'm done. Too many other things to deal with than club releases

YES! Thank you.

I agree 100% with what you are saying.

And to add to it, QUALIFIED sales staff that can help a consumer decide what is best is where it shines. I cant even count how many different models of bikes I sell, that doesnt bother me, because I know that my QUALIFIED sales staff will talk to the random consumer that walks in looking for a bike, figure out their needs and fit them to what is appropriate for them.

It's not an Golf Company problem, it' a lack of informing the consumer at the point of sale problem, IMO.

I can get on board with that for sure.

Absolutely not. You're allowed to believe that too many products released by an OEM especially when considering resale value, is a problem. Or whether or not year to year tech changes. But you've called it "blowing money" when somebody buys a new club after a year. You've also insinuated that OEMs are misleading us. They are in the business to make money. If they fail on their claims, they fail, take a look at Taylormade's 2014-2015. also look at a lot of those Tmag clubs you listed. They are last year's clubs that need to get sold. They have some stock and some people will buy it. No harm.

But I don't believe that the people at these companies are lying to me and trying to steal my money. Maybe I'm naive. But having met some of them, I believe they're good people.

So now... follow me here...... Stay with me...

You walk in to a Golf Shop, 100s of NEW drivers to look at and you become confused. Sales guy walks up and starts talking to you about your golf game, what you need in a driver, what you are looking to improve upon. He takes that 100 drivers and knocks it down to 15. Talk a bit more about your game, knocks it down to 8. Then, you hit them. You gather data and get information. Then it's down to a few. Talk with the sales person, make the informed decision, make the purchase.

Those releases arent so bad if you have someone who is knowledgeable and informative.

But, that isnt always the case at a golf shop.

You're entitled to your opinion. And others are entitled theirs. But the lifer comment was totally Bullsh!t and not necessary.

Maybe not. It was an opinion though

Dude I'm done. Too many other things to deal with than club releases

Have a great night man. Not sure what you were waiting for....

Absolutely not. You're allowed to believe that too many products released by an OEM especially when considering resale value, is a problem. Or whether or not year to year tech changes. But you've called it "blowing money" when somebody buys a new club after a year. You've also insinuated that OEMs are misleading us. They are in the business to make money. If they fail on their claims, they fail, take a look at Taylormade's 2014-2015. also look at a lot of those Tmag clubs you listed. They are last year's clubs that need to get sold. They have some stock and some people will buy it. No harm.

But I don't believe that the people at these companies are lying to me and trying to steal my money. Maybe I'm naive. But having met some of them, I believe they're good people.

Lying is harsh. Don't think I said that and if I did I shouldn't have. I just don't think the tech is that much better from one year to the next. I never said they were bad people. They have a product to market and I get it.

I see where this is going.... But just remember your opinions are fine, but when they are delivered in a way that comes of as antagonistic and rather pointed....you'll make a name for yourself. Perception is reality. So that's the effect of opinion as well.

Lying is harsh. Don't think I said that and if I did I shouldn't have. I just don't think the tech is that much better from one year to the next. I never said they were bad people. They have a product to market and I get it.
On flightscope testing, I have gained about 7 yards of carry with a new driver each of the past 3 seasons. Now, I understand if that doesn't seem like a lot, but to me, it is and well worth the investment. So the question comes in, what would be an ok improvement? 1 yard a release? 10 yards?

So now... follow me here...... Stay with me...

You walk in to a Golf Shop, 100s of NEW drivers to look at and you become confused. Sales guy walks up and starts talking to you about your golf game, what you need in a driver, what you are looking to improve upon. He takes that 100 drivers and knocks it down to 15. Talk a bit more about your game, knocks it down to 8. Then, you hit them. You gather data and get information. Then it's down to a few. Talk with the sales person, make the informed decision, make the purchase.

Those releases arent so bad if you have someone who is knowledgeable and informative.

But, that isnt always the case at a golf shop.

If you truly need the gear. That's how it should be done. How many people walk in....never get fit, don't swing the club at lefty while comparing others etc. I would say the majority of the public does it the wrong way.

To me it's bad to have so many options for the bigger % of people who will never get fit. They walk in, hit it a few times and buy. Shouldn't be done that way

I see where this is going.... But just remember your opinions are fine, but when they are delivered in a way that comes of as antagonistic and rather pointed....you'll make a name for yourself. Perception is reality. So that's the effect of opinion as well.

No, Pkorf, youre just being a tool.

Freddie, lock it.

Agreed. Agreed. I get a bad rap....I'm opinionated and in fine with that. Nothing I say is meant as antagonistic but often taken that way by people who don't try to get to know me.

It is what it is!

I don't see the SLDR C on that list in the OP :)

On flightscope testing, I have gained about 7 yards of carry with a new driver each of the past 3 seasons. Now, I understand if that doesn't seem like a lot, but to me, it is and well worth the investment. So the question comes in, what would be an ok improvement? 1 yard a release? 10 yards?

Don't call it an investment....I learned my lesson

Agreed. Agreed. I get a bad rap....I'm opinionated and in fine with that. Nothing I say is meant as antagonistic but often taken that way by people who don't try to get to know me.

It is what it is!

Opinionated and being a d*ck are two different things.

No, Pkorf, youre just being a tool.

Freddie, lock it.

Really I am not. People don't like other people's opinions. Happens a lot in this place and it's fine. I'm still finding my way.

There is kickass master contest going on. Grandaddy contest. THP radio, what did you wash you hair with...so we can agree that this horse has been beaten

This is locked from one of the mods last night, but I have a few things to say.
First, discussing releases is fine and can be done with great interest. However every time someone has a differing view point, one does not need to resort to name calling or going with the "those THP lifers" mentality. That **** needs to stay elsewhere. Some were able to try and have a productive conversation. Sadly, this turned into a **** show of mass proportion.

Second, the OP was trying to make a point and I get it, but if you are creating a list of drivers to show how many releases are too many, use actual releases. Heck use Callaway if you think a lot of releases are too many or Mizuno irons, or countless other things. All that list showed was that TaylorMade toned down their releases and then had some limited varieties, shaft options and color changes. Heck use FootJoy shoes maybe. They put out new shoes every year. Why are they not bashed for it?

Lastly one thing I think is always funny about this. Who gets to say if 20 months is a better release schedule than 12 months. In this very thread someone (who is playing all new gear) said "You don't need to update at this rate" (meaning every year) and thats why ABC company is better. Because they release every 20-24 months. How does 8 more months make something a safe upgrade?

Every major golf company has new equipment every single year. Thats fact.
Golf clubs don't stop working if something new comes out.
Mass Golf clubs are not an investment, or the person that posted that is not a very good investor since they go down in value every time.

If someone does not want or like every year releases? Guess what, there are companies that release less frequently (although that is changing), so that part of the debate will be gone soon. If someone likes more frequent releases? Guess what, there are companies that release that too.

Is it good for the consumers? Sure is. More choices, less cost and faster to market technology. If someone does not like the marketing or they think consumers are being duped, so be it. Still not sure how that next 8 months is magic and all of the sudden the marketing is gone and its really better because its been a tiny bit longer.

If company A has 5 scientists and company B has 2 scientists, maybe company A comes out with something a bit ahead of the curve instead of company B. Doesn't mean one company is better for everybody, just means that they might be a bit faster.

I can see why a mod decided to lock this up, and appreciate them as always looking out for the community here. All opinions welcome all of the time, but conversations should and will remain civil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back