The Golf Ramble Thread

My best friend ordered a driver through Amazon. Guess it didn't fit in the box the guy decided to put it in.

365140a7730fa2a9b8e8cb3d5b228a3e.jpg

Was totally unaware that you could soft step a driver into a 9 iron, might have to try that out.

No. I suck at explaining some things but will give it a shot. Basically it is taking one side with trouble out of play. Say I wanted to aim at a pin with all trouble left. I make sure my swing path is heading towards the trouble but the club face is pointing right of that path, not at the pin per say, but just right so the ball starts between the trouble and target and moves away from the trouble. No clue if that makes sense. The person saying this was an ex nike tour guy who works with some pros on their miss patterns so you need to have a decent amount of club control but you shouldn't have much trouble with that.

oh ok that makes a lot of sense. I think Jack said he preferred to shape the ball away from trouble. I've never been one to aim my face one way and swing a different way. probably should. sounds interesting and might give it a shot. thanks for the splainin

Your welcome. I am the same way about shying away from doing that because if you aren't on your game the miss is shut face with the ball going straight into the hazard. It is something I am working on at the range though.

ok, I know thp is family friendly so if this is crossing the line mods please delete

my best friend just sent me this from his range time at his club. this is the divot pattern he just chewed out. might be the greatest golf pic I've ever seen

a4aa0b7c44a8efe639673cdeb052ecbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok, I know thp is family friendly so if this is crossing the line mods please delete

my best friend just sent me this from his range time at his club. this is the divot pattern he just chewed out. might be the greatest golf pic I've ever seen

Should put some sand in that rocket ship divot pattern.

Is this the guy I know?

The Cristie Kerr picture of her kissing the trophy is way funnier though.

I'm sure that won't be in the member news letter

knowing where it was done makes it so funny. and thinking about a sped up time lapse video of him working on this makes me laugh.

Lol that's hilarious

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Dude. Your friend is an animal. His shadow is huge

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

I was having a pretty good round yesterday, six over on the front, and 1 over on the back through 12 and on my way to my best round of the year if I could finally have a decent back nine on my home course. 13 is a par three that I hit it short of the green, chipped it past the fringe up on the hill, chutted on long and two putted for a double. Seemed like the crappy back nine was on again. But on the next five holes I went par-bogey-birdie-bogey-par for a 39 on the back and ended up with an 80. The double didn't derail the round as it could have, but it kept me from breaking 80. It's coming though.

This reminds me of the PXG driver.

I am going to be so excited the first time I get to drive a cart on the fairway this year.

If I only had to hit every other shot I would be fantastic!

Custom Tuning Port. That is all and it's awesome.

I leave tomorrow for Tampa to play 4 rounds in 3 days with some close buddies. There is no way I sleep tonight.

Golf is also the only thing that can get me to pack the day before I leave.

Swapped some shafts around today and it honestly didn't seem to make much of a difference with driver one was X one stiff but 10g heavier and shorter

First hole of a round on the opening tee shot you hook one into the water. Second shot off the tee you hook one in the water. Third shot you drop one by your buddies ball out on the fairway. What is the stroke count after you hit off the fairway?

Note, this was not me.

So happy with how I'm hitting the driver this year. Except on #18. Ive missed that fairway the last half dozen rounds or so. On a positive, all my short game practice has been paying off. My pitches are getting more and more consistent and I was 60% scrambling today. Im getting closer and closer to where I want to be this season.

First hole of a round on the opening tee shot you hook one into the water. Second shot off the tee you hook one in the water. Third shot you drop one by your buddies ball out on the fairway. What is the stroke count after you hit off the fairway?

Note, this was not me.
While technically, they should still be hitting balls off the tee (which would be the fifth shot on the third shot), I'd say to quit beating yourself up, but be hitting six wherever it's dropped. (Since hopefully, the third tee shot, the "fifth" shot, would have been from the tee)

Or, if you allow breakfast balls on the first hole, then it's your fourth shot from the fairway where you drop it!

Unless it's stroke play for money, then I'd be having you hit until you can find one!

While technically, they should still be hitting balls off the tee (which would be the fifth shot on the third shot), I'd say to quit beating yourself up, but be hitting six wherever it's dropped. (Since hopefully, the third tee shot, the "fifth" shot, would have been from the tee)

Or, if you allow breakfast balls on the first hole, then it's your fourth shot from the fairway where you drop it!

Unless it's stroke play for money, then I'd be having you hit until you can find one!

So because it's your friend and the first round of the season in cold weather we don't just go to 2? hahahaha

Thanks.

^^^^

So because it's your friend and the first round of the season in cold weather we don't just go to 2? hahahaha

Thanks.

Nope minimum is a four from the fairway. If it's CJ then it's six

I absolutely love the game of golf, but after the wind gets to ~15mph or so, I'd really rather just sleep in. Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate wind.
Heck, I wouldn't know how to play without a stiff breeze, lol. It's a rare treat to play in KS without wind

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

Back