Android Phone Thread

A hard reset fixed the problem for many.

I'm trying to stay away from that, don't want to lose all of the pictures/videos on my phone. Yes, I realize I can do a backup prior to the hard reset, but if at all possible, I'd like to not have to do that. I did the cache wipe last night, hoping that helps.

Has anyone else had battery life issues after having Android 5.1 put onto their phones? I upgraded a couple of days ago, and the battery life is awful right now, it will completely run through a full charge in like 6 or 7 hours. I'm not doing a bunch of heavy use either...just curious if this is a common problem or not.

Are you on 5.1.1 or just 5.1? I have a Nexus 6 and have had no issues with battery life on either version. I know you don't want to hard reset but it seems from what I have read it does the trick. Maybe try doing some searching over at XDA. Good luck man

I'm actually amazed with how long the battery in my note 5 is lasting. I use my phone quite a bit and I'm easily getting a day to day and a half out of it. I could easily go 2+ days if I use it less

been following the leaks on that one too. MicroSD could seal the deal for me on that one. Seems to be in question, some say yes, some say no. Little disappointed in the specs on the HTC A9 coming next week. Kind of bored with Samsung even though they have some pretty damn good devices out right now. However after having the s3,4,and 5, I feel like I need to make a move.

Phones on the list for early Nov move. LG G4, Droid Turbo 2, Moto X Pure and who knows might look at the 6s+.

been following the leaks on that one too. MicroSD could seal the deal for me on that one. Seems to be in question, some say yes, some say no. Little disappointed in the specs on the HTC A9 coming next week. Kind of bored with Samsung even though they have some pretty damn good devices out right now. However after having the s3,4,and 5, I feel like I need to make a move.

Phones on the list for early Nov move. LG G4, Droid Turbo 2, Moto X Pure and who knows might look at the 6s+.
I would look at the new Sony for sure also. The new Nexus 5x and 6p look interesting also although disappointed the 6 isn't moto, or 6''.

Is it confirmed the new Sony was coming to Verizon? I thought Verizon was just about to release the Z4v, which is basically already a release old.
Doubtful

After having the Nexus 6 no way I could go to a smaller screen this is the perfect size for me.

Exactly - which is why the Droid Turbo 2 looks like the phone to get. Unless the Nexus 5x surprises, which at this point the specs seem underwhelming.
The 6p is supposed to be the flagship I think, the 5x is the budget phone.

Agreed, the turbo 2 looks sweet.

But according to the article the company is still currently in trouble, so I guess the other option was just drop phones altogether.

But according to the article the company is still currently in trouble, so I guess the other option was just drop phones altogether.

Its a complete restructure of the company and its assets. Last year services made up more revenue than hardware and as that move gets towards 50% and above, the company will begin to show steady progress.

They cant elimiante hardware completely due to who uses it.

yup I'm tuned it and ready for the announcements. I like the HTC One M9+ that was announced today, unfortunately I think I saw that it was not going to make it's way over here. LG V10 announcement tomorrow.

Since I have a Nexus 6 I am really interested in what Google had done to the Chromecast. Might have to get one of them now

android sensor hub is interesting.

I'm not the most "on it" person when it comes to the latest and greatest so I usually end up buying late model equipment to same some cash.

With that said, I just picked up an LG G3 for my birthday. Anybody have experience with it? It seems to get good reviews from the tech sites but thought that some THP reviews might help too.

initial reaction to the 2 nexus phones: eh, I'll pass

initial reaction to the 2 nexus phones: eh, I'll pass

I'm sort of curious about the 5X, but then again, I'm a fan of the phones you can still use with one hand.

I'm sort of curious about the 5X, but then again, I'm a fan of the phones you can still use with one hand.

yeah the size is good. I like the fingerprint sensor on the back, that makes a ton of sense to me. I like the pricing too. But to me, just like with other nexus phones, the camera just seems to be a miss. If I was down to this and the G4, I'd probably go with the G4 and compromise on the sensor for the better camera.

I'm not the most "on it" person when it comes to the latest and greatest so I usually end up buying late model equipment to same some cash.

With that said, I just picked up an LG G3 for my birthday. Anybody have experience with it? It seems to get good reviews from the tech sites but thought that some THP reviews might help too.

Had mine for over a year and love it so far. 5.0 was a joke and killed battery but 5.0.1 or whatever I'm on now has been better.

I recommend a case if you didn't get one already. I find the phone without a case hard to handle

Back