What's Your Biggest Weakness?

Lost my way with putting stroke and wedge play. Going to see the professions in February to get it squared away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weakness that I’m going to fix is once things get sideways, being able to correct it while in the round...

Posture is another one. I have a weighted half club thing I swing with a mirror in the background.

Stay down and through on my irons shots. I’ve lengthened the clubs and spread my stance to stay lower and it has helped

Tee game. The last few rounds I played this year I was a complete head case when it came to hitting driver or 3w off the tee. Two way miss and tons of spin. The few that did find the fairway were also well shorter than normal.

To improve I plan to spend some time on the range rather than heading straight to the course when I have the chance and to take the lessons I have been considering for several years.

Wedges around the green. I've gotten much better on those 100yd to say 30 yds..its inside there where I struggle.

Going to make it a larger part of my practice regiment. 50% of practice time will be devoted to the wedges when the weather breaks.

I would say my approach shots. When I am "on" with approach shots everything seems easier, and I will have a very good round. If not everything seems to get worse except my putting which save me quite a bit.

I would have to say iron game at this point....with driver performance a close second.

To fix the iron game I've taken the pretty drastic step of pre-ordering the F8 single length believing that setup consistency will help in ball striking. Some recent rounds of really solid iron play has made me think that equipment will help significantly.

For the driver, moving from a low spin/playerish head to one with more forgiveness.

My biggest weakness is my driver. I'm all over the place with it. The plan is to get with an instructor to see what's going on, hitting fairways use to be one of my strengths.

Irons for me, just inconsistent I seem to top a lot of shots or I get to much height I seem to take the ball and turf at the same time rather than ball then turf, off the tee is not so bad but I could be better, driving has improved a lot through lessons but I can still have a wild fade or draw if I give it some, I still mis judge chip shots around 10-30 ft and that is really getting to me, although my putting is my best part of my game I need to get better at reading greens with small runs

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Putting. My speed control sucked last year and I was afraid of any putt under five feet. I'm spending my off-season working on it hard.

Currently I would say my back. Two bulging disks really hinders the golf game lol.

Definitely my greenside bunker play is my weakness. I am experimenting with equipment, 56° vs 58° vs 64°. Also, the course I am joining for 2018 has a great short game practice area including bunkers so I will be practicing that part of my game much more than in the past.

The question is what is the weakest part of your game, but taking that a step further. What are you doing to fix it or make it a strength?

Putting. I'm working with a new PGA Pro here in Sebring.

Driver is the biggest, but any longer club has been pretty bad lately.
I'm obviously not doing enough to fix it, time and $$$ for research and range time only.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Short game.
Played more than I practiced in 2017 sobdidnt see much improvement.
Nootbsure what 2018 holds yet

I'd say my mental game, I just let too many bad shots pile up before I recover. I also have a hard time trusting my swing when I shouldn't and that causes way more problems then anything.

I've actually got better about making better decisions in 2017 and I hope I can continue that trend in 2018. I didn't spend as much time on the range as I should have in 2017 and I think that was part of the issue with trusting my swing. I do plan on getting on the range and short game area more next season. So probably going with more practice and a few less rounds in 2018.

Most consistent problem is my putting. Bought a green for my basement and working on my focus, aim and pace.

I would have to say iron game at this point....with driver performance a close second.

To fix the iron game I've taken the pretty drastic step of pre-ordering the F8 single length believing that setup consistency will help in ball striking. Some recent rounds of really solid iron play has made me think that equipment will help significantly.

Interested to hear how this goes for you. The single length idea makes sense to me & is intriguing for sure!

Definitely. The weakest part of my game is approach shots with irons. I hit way too few GIR. I will be practicing a lot over the winter to groove a repeatable swing and control that club face.

Lack self confidence when I get on the tee box. Everywhere else around the course I'm fine, but the tee box, ugh.

Long irons. Hoping to use them more in 2018 to force myself to learn how to hit them.

Consistency with the driver. I would like to get to where I will go for some short par 4s and 5s instead of playing it safe for a better chance at par.

Letting others dictate how good I could be for far too long.

Bunker play, lifting just before impact (especially on fairway woods for some reason) and decelerating on wedges on occasions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Course management and playing in the wind. I have to do a better job off the tee box and making the right adjustments distance-wise for the wind.

Back