What's Your Biggest Weakness?

My iron game/approach shots cause me a lot of headaches. I'll definitely be practicing more on shots in the 130 to 180 range to remedy the issue. Gotta get more accurate!!!

Controlling distance on shots within 80 yards of the flag. I need to spend time at the range working on those shots

Putting is by far my biggest weakness. I'm about 6 months into a focused effort to improve it and results have been encouraging but I still have a lot of work to do. I had a professional putter fitting and learned what style putter fits me best and a generous THPer sent me some in depth info that sold me on why it matters. I'll have an O-Works 7s in near future. I've been focusing 2-4 hours a week on putting work, mostly scored pressure drills to track progress. On the course I've seen quite a bit of improvement but I still need to find a way to completely overcome the emotional scars of so many missed shorties. Despite being so much better on the practice green I still tense up and yip too many crucial ones. I'm open to suggestions.

Tournaments and pressure rounds. Going to try and grind gross only single day events and hopefully get some rounds in the traveling skins game when it is on my side of the city. Besides that just try to get a little better each day.

Consistency. With every club in the bag. I can hit all the shots just can't do it often enough.

Really nothing to do about it, playing more, practicing more really doesn't help that much. I just accept the fact that I'm not as good as I used to be and not get worked up about it.

Putting - So to work on it I have had another session on the SAM PuttLab and will be picking up a practice mat to work on my stroke at home

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Thinking during the round. Driving range is where to think before hitting a shot. This year I want to get behind each shot, putt included, look ahead and remember/visualize the last time I hit this club well, address the ball, THEN flush the brain and have zero in my head, then pull the trigger.

Putting, putting and putting. I had 43 putts my last round. Seven 3 putts and the rest 2 putts. I hate missing 3-5 footers. Evidently I can't line up a putt so I'm going to lay a line on my putting green and work on straight putts. My issue is alignment not stroke or reading the green.

Putting. I’ll be having some lessons at some point.

#FiberLaunch

Chipping and putting. I don’t chip close enough to the hole and then I have way too many 3 putts.

Putting

I've got a few putting drills I'm working on over the winter break. My ability to 2 putt from 30+ feet last year was really poor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Has to be that 40-90 yard shot for me. Taking a full wedge swing with my 58* and 54* produce inconsistent results and tough to trust the shot. The green and flag looks so close but when you fat one 30 yards in front of you, steam is coming out of my ears.

This is where it's starting to come full circle that I need to flight in wedge shots. I like the look of my AW and need to work on these knock down shots that I've been avoiding on the range because after 1 or 2 get bladed I go back to my regular full swing and just watch the ball go sky high.

So let's work on more control and taking 1/2 swings with my AW or PW.

Right now based on indoor training I would say mid irons (6-8). I have done some tests on the simulator and I score worst on appr 130-160 meters. Will focus on that now atleast some time on each training session

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

my biggest weakness is I have no weakness. With every club being awesome, no matter what I select, another shot would have also been awesome so clearly my choice was wrong.

or....I have no good shots but think I do so my biggest weakness is unjustified belief in my abilities resulting in disappointment in shots that are actually really good for my skill level. One of these two statements is true, if only I could figure out which one

Weakest part of my game right now is being in the fairway, 165+ away from a green that requires accuracy. If I can hit a 6 iron or less, I feel like I can leave myself in a good spot. But give me a 5 iron, hybrid, or 3W right now, and it’s often ugly. This is just a fairway-approaching-green problem though. Off the tee, out of some awful lie in the rough/trees, or as a second shot on a par 5 (where I’ve got more room to miss than when I’m going for a green), it’s not nearly as bad.

As far as a solution — I don’t know yet. I’m looking for drills/tips to help groove a more consistent swing with those longer clubs.

Probably 90-120 and sand. My sand game was on point at the beginning of last year. But different wedges, no practice and fewer rounds has taken a toll on some shots. As for the other its just a weird distance for me. I tend to do better clubbing up and choking down with a 3/4 swing. I lose spin though. I plan on working on this distance in particular in the coming months.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back