What's Your Biggest Weakness?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The question is what is the weakest part of your game, but taking that a step further. What are you doing to fix it or make it a strength?

Short irons and wedge swings from a physical stand point.

Mentally, I beat myself up. Really I’m just too hard on myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I played a round recently with some local Mini-Tour Pros and it was made very clear to me that short game is my greatest weakness. In every other area I was outclassed but I was holding my own, but around the green these guys made me look like a fool.

My short game success is dependant on a hot putter making the 8+ footers I'm left with and it becomes a real grind if I'm not hitting greens.

I currently don't have a plan in place to improve it so I guess my answer is sadly "nothing".

30yds and in as well as putting. I know this is an issue but rarely do I spend time working on it.

Well, last year it was my driver...but that's changed... thankfully!

Right now, my biggest weakness is my 4-6 irons. I have to get more consistent and have a better dispersion pattern. I'm taking lessons, so that'll help. I'm also going to go through a fitting as my swing has changed and I believe I could benefit from a different club setup.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Wedge around the greens. I focus my practice sessions on these shots.

Distance.

Worked on turn don't slide all of 2017, which got my golf shots longer and straighter. Still a ways to go, and I am still working on making it a habit, not something I need to remember.

Right now, it's still putting.

I'm working on getting my stroke worked out. One nice thing is this is something I can do over the winter without heading to a practice facility.

Iron play right now is just trash. Totally unable to take advantage of good drives.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Putting. I've dedicated time starting Jan 2nd to restoring my confidence and putting I. The time to get back to where I once was. I got a PuttOut Mat and Training cup. Training starts Tuesday.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Right now, it's still putting.

I'm working on getting my stroke worked out. One nice thing is this is something I can do over the winter without heading to a practice facility.
You and me both

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Putting. Leave too many strokes out there from missed putts that I should have converted. Reacquired and went back to a putter that I was always comfortable rolling and it has paid dividends the first two times out with it. I plan on utilizing the putting training aids I have in 2018 to develop good habits and regain my confidence on the greens.

Wedge game. To fix it I bought new wedges lol. I think I’ll set up a chipping area at work as well and when it warms up a bit I’ll be spending time at the range.

I would say the tee ball is my weakest part. On the days I can't put it in play. It is like a cancer that affects ruins the rest of the round. Meet with my coach today to put a plan together for 2018. The tee ball is at the top of that list. Primarily coming up with a swing that produces a ball flight I can trust on in pressure situations

By far time. If I had more time I would be more better. I do pretty good maximizing the amount of time I can commit to golf.

Greenside bunker play, used to be terrified of the sand, doesn't bother me as much now because I worked on it, but still have a ways to go. The other would be mental game, I can lose focus at times and it will make me pay for sure.

My biggest weakness is without a doubt the mental game. I can get into my own head at times and the wheels just fall right off the bus, the engine catches fire, the transmission locks up, and the bus rolls off a cliff.

I'm going to be putting some serious focus into just focusing on the next shot. This generally happens when I start looking too far ahead and figuring out where I'll finish. For example, 2 seasons ago I was (-4) with 4 holes to go. Finished +2 because I mind-eff'd myself thinking about how cool it would be to shoot 68. (I've never broken par for 18). These are the melt downs I want to start avoiding.

Iron play.

Taking lessons. But more specifically working to change the angle of attack on iron shots to be hitting with a descending strike and not releasing early.

Mental game is shot, I'm going to play more events and competitions to gain the edge back

Time. I’m stretched thin and need to find a way to carve out sometime for myself at least twice a week.

Around the green and bunkers. Took a day-long group session on it that helped. Now need to work on it!

Course management, it has improved tremendously in 2017 but there is still a lot I,m missing

I talk with my instructor and other low caps in trying to improve in this area

I need to put more time into stretching and overall muscle gain to eliminate injuries. Mental and swing feel fine. But as I have aged my body has gotten beat up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driving, and I haven't spent the time and resources on it to fix lately, but in 2018, I'll be getting a serious series of lessons and another driving fitting to see how I can get it ironed out. In all reality I just need to spend more time on the range practicing.

Bunkers. Most I play are pretty compact with terrible sand, trying to open up the club and hit behind the ball to glide underneath is sometimes impossible. Thinking of just getting a sure out wedge to see how that works.

Back