Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
All of the details of this new line can be found right here.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/callaway-apex-cf-16-irons-preview/

In hand pictures
IMG_9858-L.jpg

IMG_9859-L.jpg

IMG_9864-L.jpg

IMG_9863-L.jpg

IMG_9861-L.jpg

Apex vs Apex Pro
IMG_9875-L.jpg

IMG_9867-L.jpg

Those i like. The matte finish looks awesome to me, also im not sure if its the angle of the photo but looks to be a good chunk behind the impact zone.

What does the CF stand for?

Those i like. The matte finish looks awesome to me, also im not sure if its the angle of the photo but looks to be a good chunk behind the impact zone.

What does the CF stand for?
Gonna take a guess that it means Cup Face as in the cup face technology featured in the head.

Great. Another iron set to add to my personal dilemma of 'what do I buy next' haha. Looking forward to more information!

I like the looks of these and I can't believe I am going to say this but I think I like the look of the normal Apex a good bit more than the apex pro.

Will of course be trying these and the pros out.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

Interesting they put the cup 360 in these. I figured they would keep that in the xr line.

Interesting they put the cup 360 in these. I figured they would keep that in the xr line.
Take the best of both lines (forged and cup face) and combine them sounds like a winner to me. I know a lot speculated these would have the cf but it is pretty awesome to see it. Will be interested in how the feel/sound has changed if at all.

I've never gamed Callaway irons, but I do like the looks of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the previous Apex had an amazing mixture of feel, performance, and forgiveness. I'm looking forward to see what the newest model has to offer.

The sole looks similar to the old apex pro. I'm digging the new look cavity.

Love the looks and the features of these! Definitely must tries!

certainly intrigued.

Apex irons have been a game changer for me. Glad to see they have added the cup face. I'm sure these will be a huge success.

Oh yes!

Apex plus cup forged will be absolutely Apazing!

Really look forward to trying these out eventually but I love my current Apex so much (thanks mikeg) that it would be a challenge for me to make the switch.

Take the best of both lines (forged and cup face) and combine them sounds like a winner to me. I know a lot speculated these would have the cf but it is pretty awesome to see it. Will be interested in how the feel/sound has changed if at all.

Agree. I have no problem with it and from what we have seen here in the reviews and feedback it works so why not put it in more lines. Just something I found to be interesting that they wouldn't want to distinguish between the two lines.

Beautiful clubs and I am sure they will perform well - wish they were in my price range.

Those are some sweet looking Irons .

These look good! Lots of meat behind the zone it seems and should provide a good feel.

I really like the looks of these!

I thought the previous Apex had an amazing mixture of feel, performance, and forgiveness. I'm looking forward to see what the newest model has to offer.

Same here. I'm very interested to try these.

Same here. I'm very interested to try these.

I feel like these look like workhorses. In a good way

Man, I cannot wait to hit these. I think the balance of visible tech and style is calling me. These actually don't look that much larger than the pros

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They look pretty dang similar to my current Apex, technology change being on the inside. A cup face sounds great, but I will be a very small part of the population that the additional yardage won't be a need. At 194-197yards with the current 6 iron, if I get any more yards I will have huge gaps at the bottom of the bag to fill with wedges... Not saying I won't be hitting these, though!!! Hahaha!

Take my money! I can't wait to hit these.

Chalk me up as excited to hit these in December! They are gorgeous, but definitely want what's best for my game, I would imagine they would be even more forgiving than my CB3s with the Cup Face Technology in there

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back